• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League.

Do you want to qualify for the Europa League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Those who say no surely can't be those who did nothing but quote Bill Nic when AVB was in charge?

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me.

Those who say no surely can't be those who did nothing but quote Bill Nic when AVB was in charge?

Then again, it wouldn't surprise me.

I certainly hope they're not the ones that talks about trophies being more important than top 4.

Yes but don't play first teamers

Especially away in Ukraine or the North Pole

Especially when one injury will scupper out league form

A little surprised at how one sided this poll was, suppose it's another where the minority is more vocal than the majority.

I will wait for a "don't know/care" option before voting myself...

We play EL games on a Thursday, PL games on a Sunday. Three-day gap.

CL clubs play on Wednesdays, then PL games on Saturday. Three-day gap.

When CL clubs play on Tuesdays, they usually play PL games on Saturday. Three-day gap.

A (for me) big part of the difference between EL and CL football is the money and this is also related to the squad issue of having to play the extra games.

With more money teams can have stronger squads that better deal with the rotation needed to cope with the extra games.

Impossible to know for sure, but I think there might be a "net cost" to the EL in that the extra players and wages you have to spend to have a squad that copes with the EL could cost more than the financial gain of being in the competition.

Don't understand how the answer could not be yes?

1) More matches yes but that is a good thing to me, the more times we get to watch our team and give other players a chance
2) If we win it we get CL I would argue it may be an easier task than finishing top 4 next season
3) Helps our coefficient, helps our global brand and attracting players with Europe on offer sure not as much as CL but its still better than offering no European ties and would keep Manure out of Europe!
4) If we did miss out on Europa would this help our chances of finishing top 4? Maybe but on the other hand there is no guarantees we will qualify anyway. So I would rather have Europe now rather than dreams of next season.
5) Lastly, I think we need to be realistic here. Now with Liverpool back as a real force and surely United will improve it will be very difficult to reach top 4. I know nobody wants to hear/admit it but barring a cash injection and unbelievable season we are going to be in Europa in the forseeable future

Back