• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Djed Spence

He is the ideal inverted full back
He has pace and good control
Also better defensively than most realise
He cut in a lot at Forrest which is where he made his runs from
It’s an odd call for me

I think @billyiddo has the most plausible scenario ... I think he's pushing it out as ITK

It’s an odd call for me

I can't seem to find the original source of the rumour. Read somewhere that Dan Kilpatrick wrote it first, but can't find anything from him on Twitter actually saying anything about Spence being on a transfer list. So probably just gonad*s.

It’s an odd call for me

Based on what? How he played for Forest 2 years ago? Think I'll trust the coaching staff here.

Clearly the 118 managers Spence has played under in his time at Spurs haven't seen enough good stuff from him.

I would too
If he had been played
The reality is he has been out injured and now we are selling him
That’s not on the coaching staff surely
He has had more managers and coaches than games

He's had Conte and Ange, both of whom have seen him in training and obviously decided we have better options. I wish it weren't the case -- I'd rather Porro at RW and Royal/Spence at RB but will back Ange.

I was adamant Boeteng, Hossam Ghaly, Chadli and Taarabt were all going to be quality when they left:D We do tend to overrate our players at times, which is fair as we are supporters. But there certainly aren't many who we have willingly sold and they've gone on to be anything really special....

I think Chadli was a good signing, did pretty well for us and scored a few goals. Didn't do much after. Boateng started for the Milan team that won Serie A and got in team of the year but didn't do much else.

He's had Conte and Ange, both of whom have seen him in training and obviously decided we have better options. I wish it weren't the case -- I'd rather Porro at RW and Royal/Spence at RB but will back Ange.
How has ange seen him training when he has been injured?
Conte didn’t do anything with him he because
A) he was a club signing
B) conte is an ignorant clam

conte didn’t play many players because that’s conte. He is brilliant coach buy not a good judge of a player imo

I think Chadli was a good signing, did pretty well for us and scored a few goals. Didn't do much after. Boateng started for the Milan team that won Serie A and got in team of the year but didn't do much else.
Both of them were good players
And they achieved decent things considering their fees
Chadli had the tools to be top top drawer
He had technique and physique. Just didn’t use it enough but has still done pretty damn well

GGers complain we have too many RBs.
GGers complain were selling one.
It’s the selling of maybe the wrong one…
My issue is to judge a player you need to watch a player
You can’t judge a player who is injured
So I assume in Spence’s case he has made the call himself

Decision has probably been made that Royal & Porro are the two we are going to stick with, which makes Spence surplus to requirements. It could also be that the player has said he doesn't want to be 3rd choice and would rather be sold.

Is probably the right answer, Royal is the best defensive RB we have and Porro was 50m recently. I wanted Spence to work, not because we over egg our talent but because at the time there was nothing better, Royal was rank out of form and performances and results warranted a change. He will go off and become a very decent player for someone else IMO

its more likely that the media have got hold of a "list" and are using it as outgoings now are going to be the focus in the press. From Harry down, its going to be about the perceived need to balance the books.

I would be willing to wager that Spence will go out on loan somewhere.

We still feel one light in midfield for me, especially with Bentancur out for a while yet and PEJ likely to leave. I wonder if someone like Alex Scott might be a good addition to take some of the workload while we get the main man fit.

How has ange seen him training when he has been injured?
Conte didn’t do anything with him he because
A) he was a club signing
B) conte is an ignorant clam

conte didn’t play many players because that’s conte. He is brilliant coach buy not a good judge of a player imo

He was training throughout the Asian tour

its more likely that the media have got hold of a "list" and are using it as outgoings now are going to be the focus in the press. From Harry down, its going to be about the perceived need to balance the books.

I would be willing to wager that Spence will go out on loan somewhere.

We still feel one light in midfield for me, especially with Bentancur out for a while yet and PEJ likely to leave. I wonder if someone like Alex Scott might be a good addition to take some of the workload while we get the main man fit.
No one is offering anywhere near the right fee for PeH so he ain’t leaving anytime soon

Back