• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dillema

simples

Paul Mahorn
For a while I've been seeing the ex of a friend, before you pounce they were together almost a decade ago and he is engaged to be married.

Because of a particular bad feeling on the bride to be's part towards my current girlfriend (for no reason, they've never met, but her name is the source of countless arguments), we haven't gone public, and had no intentions to tell anyone before the wedding as don't want to cause ill feeling before their big day.

All well and good so far, The hen has been and gone, and for the duration all the girls war masks of my friend, husband to be.

The stag is this weekend and to my horror I have discovered the best man has the same plan for us, but with a twist- we are also all to wear masks for the weekend, but with a twist, they are all of his ex, and my current!

I have pleaded with the best man it's not a good idea and could upset the bride, but he's having none of it, nor are a big group of friends.

I know the groom will be as horrified as me but I feel I cannot tell him in fear of ruining the weekend. If it goes ahead I feel, what with facebook etc, it could be a public humiliation for my girlfriend and the bride.

I have already pleaded with the best man and made him angry in the process- I'm at a loss as to what to do next. thoughts??

For a while I've been seeing the ex of a friend, before you pounce they were together almost a decade ago and he is engaged to be married.

Because of a particular bad feeling on the bride to be's part towards my current girlfriend (for no reason, they've never met, but her name is the source of countless arguments), we haven't gone public, and had no intentions to tell anyone before the wedding as don't want to cause ill feeling before their big day.

All well and good so far, The hen has been and gone, and for the duration all the girls war masks of my friend, husband to be.

The stag is this weekend and to my horror I have discovered the best man has the same plan for us, but with a twist- we are also all to wear masks for the weekend, but with a twist, they are all of his ex, and my current!

I have pleaded with the best man it's not a good idea and could upset the bride, but he's having none of it, nor are a big group of friends.

I know the groom will be as horrified as me but I feel I cannot tell him in fear of ruining the weekend. If it goes ahead I feel, what with facebook etc, it could be a public humiliation for my girlfriend and the bride.

I have already pleaded with the best man and made him angry in the process- I'm at a loss as to what to do next. thoughts??

I may have got this wrong as im a little thick, but your mate who is getting married is going out on a stag with pictures of his ex?

Reckon if that is the case then his future wife if she has anything about her will be tinkled. I understand it is like a humiliation thing and he is not in love with her, but why would you even reference an ex when your just about to get married. All smells a bit fishy mate.

Best thing to do is cry off the weekend, call up and say you have come down with something.

You should all grow up a bit, especially the best man.

Sorry if that's harsh on you but you should have told them about your relationship it's your life mate.

I may have got this wrong as im a little thick, but your mate who is getting married is going out on a stag with pictures of his ex?

Reckon if that is the case then his future wife if she has anything about her will be tinkled. I understand it is like a humiliation thing and he is not in love with her, but why would you even reference an ex when your just about to get married. All smells a bit fishy mate.

Best thing to do is cry off the weekend, call up and say you have come down with something.

Yes that's correct, done specifically to make the groom squirm but think the joke is more on the bride personally. I cannot cryoff as I am partially hosting it in my home town.

Agree with Chich (scarily). Doesn't sound like there is any possibility of a pleasant ending.

I think you need to tell the groom that the best best man needs to wake up to himself. Does the groom know about you and his ex? If not tell him.
Tell the groom that it's all an insult to your present girlfriend and if he doesn't do something about it then you won't be able to attend his wedding and as mates, you are finished.

I think you need to tell the groom that the best best man needs to wake up to himself. Does the groom know about you and his ex? If not tell him.
Tell the groom that it's all an insult to your present girlfriend and if he doesn't do something about it then you won't be able to attend his wedding and as mates, you are finished.

Have to agree with this. Got to stick up for your girlfriend.

The best man's having everyone wear masks of his last former love? Can't wait to see the car crash speech, this dude sounds "wacky".

Tell your mate the groom that firstly you're with his ex and secondly WHAT GOES ON TOUR GOES ON FACEBOOK. If he wants to get married he needs to tell his best man not to be a dingdong, his bride will find out and it won't be fun times.

Wearing masks of some bird he was with nearly ten years ago? Something ain't right there really isn't. Just get your mrs to ring the best man and put it on him without letting him know your a couple, Get her to say oi ****y i heard your planning wearing my face as a mask do that and I'll rip your balls off or something as equally threatening.

i may be wrong here,but the possiblity that the joke is on you perhaps,everyone knows that your going out with his ex and you think its still a secret, so you may think the groom be upset(if he had any balls,he wouldn't give a toss really) but it could you they are winded up.

Don't understand all this malarky of face masks,give it an hour they be all on the floor anyway when everyone gets tanked up and no one will give a brick then.

why does your mate's fiancee hate, or, considering they've never met, (presumably) feel threatened by your girlfriend? doesn't quite fit if they haven't been together for 10 years, did he have any other girlfriends in between your bird and his fiancee? and why would wearing masks of your girlfriend be considered funny by the best man? is this because he knows his fiancee hates her, in which case, bit of a low blow and let's be honest not that funny, or is there something else? e.g.maybe your mate cheated on his fiancee with his ex/your bird? or something like that. behaviors all seems a bit irrational to me, there must be something more to this than simply your mate went out with your girlfriend 10 years ago

I don't see how you can have put across a valid plea to the best man without being totally honest with him. Unfortunately it would appear that you are paying the price for your dishonesty. How long have you and this girl been together? Under what circumstances did her and the groom split? I can only presume acrimoniously... 10 years on and you can't tell him your with his ex? You're hardly what I would describe as friends. Put this all to bed by telling everyone!!!

The only solution here is to break into the best mans house and replace the masks with ones of him with a **** in his mouth, photoshop it if you don't have a genuine image like that. Then when he gets them out on the stag he'll get a nasty surprise. Either that or you're going to have to kill him with a spoon.

Seriously though, I got married 2 months ago and there was no mention of my last GF let alone one from 10 years ago. What's the fascination with your GF for him? As others have said there's more to this than meets the eye.

Let them get on with it and decline to wear said mask on the night, however dont get too tinkled or you may find yourself snogging one of you mates by mistake...

This is the sort of thread that Random was made for

Excellent stuff

Banter is inevitably always a game of one upmanship. Probably produce masks of something even more humorous and "laddish. e.g. hilarious photoshop of groom.

The ex-girlfriend mask is not actually funny so it shouldn't be too hard. Seriously even something like a Jeremy Beadle mask would be more humorous

Back