• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I’d be quite happy if this window we brought in Udogie, Porro and Edwards and moved on Sessegnon, Emerson, Spence (loan) and Lucas.

Release Lucas on a free transfer as he is permanently injured and then release Doherty on a free transfer in the summer and bring back Spence to compete with Porro.

This January as part of the Udogie deal send them Sessegnon and send Spence to Lisbon on loan or give them Emerson as part of the Porro deal.

Spence needs to go somewhere where he will play all games for 6 months.

Only kane earns more than that at spurs. For comparrison Ndicka is on €10k a week, bastoni is on €67k a week, tamori is on €41k a week.

& Son according to the same website.

Like i say just a worry, i gather he & Kane are buddies away on England duty and we need defenders + HG numbers - if he's unwanted/forced out at United then he has a decision to make on wages as whoever he moves to will likely be a step down of sorts on that front given his fall in reputation. For a senior player who would be signed as a starter i don't think the wages would rule him out.

& Son according to the same website.

Like i say just a worry, i gather he & Kane are buddies away on England duty and we need defenders + HG numbers - if he's unwanted/forced out at United then he has a decision to make on wages as whoever he moves to will likely be a step down of sorts on that front given his fall in reputation. For a senior player who would be signed as a starter i don't think the wages would rule him out.

Ok he's on £2k a week more and how much money does he bring in? Merch and shirt sales alone in korea are worth millions each year. A defender maybe worth a lot on the field but off it they don't bring in much usually. This is partly why they are paid less.

Yeah i don't see the point in getting to deep in to this - i think if United were looking to move him on and we were interested there would be ways that the wages could be worked out, low transfer fee / high signing on fee or something else creative with bonuses or whatever.

Yeah i don't see the point in getting to deep in to this - i think if United were looking to move him on and we were interested there would be ways that the wages could be worked out, low transfer fee / high signing on fee or something else creative with bonuses or whatever.

Anythings possible but just doesn't seem likely to me.

Would surprise me if we brought Udogie in this January. Would be an entirely new deal and Udinese hold all the cards. I'm guessing the fee would not be insignificant.

Big ask for a player that young to come in and make a quick impact more season. Would be behind Perisic anyway. Meanwhile he's getting game time and seems to be developing nicely at Udinese.

Seems like a real talent though. Glad we signed him.

Would surprise me if we brought Udogie in this January. Would be an entirely new deal and Udinese hold all the cards. I'm guessing the fee would not be insignificant.

Big ask for a player that young to come in and make a quick impact more season. Would be behind Perisic anyway. Meanwhile he's getting game time and seems to be developing nicely at Udinese.

Seems like a real talent though. Glad we signed him.
That's the key bit for me. If Udogie would slot in immediately as first choice, sure, but Perisic has been doing fine and I can't really see Conte sticking him in straight away. Better to leave him in Italy to develop his game then come in for a full pre-season in the summer.

We've got Perisic at LWB with Davies still able to do a job. Doherty and Sessegnon too mean there are options to cover.

Doherty's my clear first choice at RWB, with Royal the current backup. Despite his lack of attacking gumption, Royal-Kulu was a decent enough combination last season.

Forget Udogie for now. Conte needs to either get Spence on the pitch or send him on loan in January. No point having him here if he's going to be behind Royal and Sess in the pecking order.

Last edited:
That's the key bit for me. If Udogie would slot in immediately as first choice, sure, but Perisic has been doing fine and I can't really see Conte sticking him straight away. Better to leave him in Italy to develop his game then come in for a full pre-season in the summer.

We've got Perisic at LWB with Davies still able to do a job. Doherty and Sessegnon too mean there are options to cover.

Doherty's my clear first choice at RWB, with Royal the current backup. Despite his lack of attacking gumption, Royal-Kulu was a decent enough combination last season.

Forget Udogie for now. Conte needs to either get Spence on the pitch or send him on loan in January. No point having him here if he's going to be behind Royal and Sess in the pecking order.
Many players have said that adapting to Conte's system is way harder than they anticipated. Udogie plays a very strange "system" i.e. head down and charge forwards and cause chaos and lunge in and do great things... but we don't know how easily he will learn the Conte system. Could be immediate, or could take months.

Many players have said that adapting to Conte's system is way harder than they anticipated. Udogie plays a very strange "system" i.e. head down and charge forwards and cause chaos and lunge in and do great things... but we don't know how easily he will learn the Conte system. Could be immediate, or could take months.
Quite. That's how decent players stand out in lower-standard teams. They get to do their thing, with the players around them adapting to them rather than the other way around.

It might be rose-tinted glasses, but Harry Redknapp's genius was being able to get a tune out of just about any player you threw at him. While early Poch was brilliant at taking players to the next level, I don't think he had a great record with quick integration into the team. Despite Kulu and Bentancur hitting the ground running (because they already knew the system?), Conte seems even worse.

Quite. That's how decent players stand out in lower-standard teams. They get to do their thing, with the players around them adapting to them rather than the other way around.

It might be rose-tinted glasses, but Harry Redknapp's genius was being able to get a tune out of just about any player you threw at him. While early Poch was brilliant at taking players to the next level, I don't think he had a great record with quick integration into the team. Despite Kulu and Bentancur hitting the ground running (because they already knew the system?), Conte seems even worse.

Was watching a bit of defoe on crouch's podcast. He was talking of redknapps instructions to palacious (i think). Was basically, you get the ball, i don't care if he's 1 centimeter away you give it to modric.

How did they know the system?

Damn, my mistake. For some reason I was thinking they'd played under Conte at Juve, but of course he was at Inter.

I think Conte is doing rather well in that regard. Bentancur and Kulusevski. Several of the players already here he got a tune out of rather quickly.

Lenglet has slottet in rather quickly. Richarlison had a bright start, but then injured.

Bissouma has struggled a bit. Spence has barely been involved. Sarr and Gil taken time, but now looking promising.

I think Conte is doing rather well in that regard. Bentancur and Kulusevski. Several of the players already here he got a tune out of rather quickly.

Lenglet has slottet in rather quickly. Richarlison had a bright start, but then injured.

Bissouma has struggled a bit. Spence has barely been involved. Sarr and Gil taken time, but now looking promising.
On the City Cheatski commentary earlier they were saying how it takes Pep ages to integrate players and proceeded to list most of their current big stars.
I guess we just notice it more with Spurs, because we are Spurs fans.

On the City Cheatski commentary earlier they were saying how it takes Pep ages to integrate players and proceeded to list most of their current big stars.
I guess we just notice it more with Spurs, because we are Spurs fans.
Yeah, it's taken months for that Haaland chap to settle in.

Perhaps we do notice it less with other teams, but what's left of my memory tells me that there are plenty of Emirates Marketing Project players who've slotted in pretty quickly. Weren't Mahrez, Cancelo and Dias slotted in pretty much immediately? Okay, so Kalvin Phillips and Grealish haven't exactly had much game time, but they seem more the exceptions, at least for the bigger signings.

Yeah, it's taken months for that Haaland chap to settle in.

Perhaps we do notice it less with other teams, but what's left of my memory tells me that there are plenty of Emirates Marketing Project players who've slotted in pretty quickly. Weren't Mahrez, Cancelo and Dias slotted in pretty much immediately? Okay, so Kalvin Phillips and Grealish haven't exactly had much game time, but they seem more the exceptions, at least for the bigger signings.

Cancelo started 13 PL games in his first season at City. IIRC was pretty much a straight Walker backup, only later on was a great success at left back.

Mahrez was a pretty good success at first, started most games in his first season, then became pretty much a rotation player IIRC.

Dias was an immediate success. But then there are others that did take time.

I don't think that's a big difference to Conte. Some immediate success players, some take time, some don't make it. And that's with City having the budget and pull to sign most of their first choice options.

Grealish, Phillips, Torres, Gundogan all took time iirc (or didn't make it). Several of the players already there took time to get used to his style when he first arrived.

Back