• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Destiny Udogie

I genuinely don't think so

I cannot think of a 20 year old defender that walked into a struggling side that changed 6 starters, with zero PL experience, settling into a new country, and been so seamless.

He and VDV are much better than people realize, will they have the odd shaky moment? absolutely but the fact that they (again with zero PL experience and no more than one real year of senior team playing) make Sess, Dier, Sanchez look fudging ordinary should tell you something.

Can they get/be better? yes, could we reasonably have expected more? I don't think so
He has been world class
The bar he has set is that high now as he is right now the best left in the league. Him vs saka will be fun on Sunday as he will do his defensive job but saka will also have to track him
Let’s hope he can continue it

I personally can't wait for it ... I rarely get carried away but any spurs fan and his dog know he is the bollox.

I dont think Saka will have the stamina to keep up with him up and down the pitch

He has won the ball in the final 3rd 8 times so¹ far this season, more than any other player in the league.

I genuinely don't think so

I cannot think of a 20 year old defender that walked into a struggling side that changed 6 starters, with zero PL experience, settling into a new country, and been so seamless.

He and VDV are much better than people realize, will they have the odd shaky moment? absolutely but the fact that they (again with zero PL experience and no more than one real year of senior team playing) make Sess, Dier, Sanchez look fudging ordinary should tell you something.

Can they get/be better? yes, could we reasonably have expected more? I don't think so
Absolutely! Udogie is the one who has impressed me the most, by far! He looks so comfortable in every situation, and has it all; pace, power, skill, composure. Looks like a seasoned pro!

Did really well today, second half particularly. He did look nervous after the yellow and I don't think many would have been surprised to see him subbed at some point.
But fair play to Ange for trusting in him, and presumably encouraging him at half time to just play his game. He grew back into it. For a player so new to PL football, he recovered his confidence and got on with the job.

If this was boxing he would be getting massive credit for working out his man early on and then adapting to the challenge in the latter rounds to then go on and win the battle and thats exactly what he did today.

Apart from 5 minutes I thought he was excellent. Sky commentary team looking to bury him but he gave them nothing other than a yellow and a bad back pass.

Neville really set the narrative up and absolutely everything was against Udogie at one point. Goal down, looking ropey, yellow card, Saka flying.

For the last 60 mins he was brilliant. And not just in that he didn’t make a mistake. He could have done that and hid. He really contributed at both ends. Saka didn’t get much of a kick second half. Maybe I missed it because I paid less attention to the commentary as time went on but did Neville give him any credit?

This boy is an absolute star.

Back