• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Deloitte Money League - up to 8th

Also what is unsustainable about the Real Madrid Bayern Munich numbers? They make a small profit each season.

Real Madrid has adjusted their approach for a few years now, they were the poster boys for unsustainable. La Liga's wage cap also forced them to align.

Bayern is like if you had United in a league without any of the other top 6 teams, they already outspend the entire league without needing to push their limits.

So Levy was right then
If you are wanting to operate the model we do (which btw is the model that should be promoted for the health of football) the long game is the only route to get there. Few like a long game as it takes so bloody long to get there.'i want it now!' Football happens weekly, and as such he'll be right until he's wrong, and that will come when we hit another downturn. And that other lovely human trait will rise it head again..needing someone to blame.

All that he's created will keep on churning away in the background, being the best of the best, supporting what goes on at the coal face. The hard yards from his pov are done hence, he doesn't need to micro manage or keep his baby as close to his gaze anymore. And it's perhaps worth remembering, he took that approach, and it got us to this situation we find ourselves in.

If you are wanting to operate the model we do (which btw is the model that should be promoted for the health of football) the long game is the only route to get there. Few like a long game as it takes so bloody long to get there.'i want it now!' Football happens weekly, and as such he'll be right until he's wrong, and that will come when we hit another downturn. And that other lovely human trait will rise it head again..needing someone to blame.

All that he's created will keep on churning away in the background, being the best of the best, supporting what goes on at the coal face. The hard yards from his pov are done hence, he doesn't need to micro manage or keep his baby as close to his gaze anymore. And it's perhaps worth remembering, he took that approach, and it got us to this situation we find ourselves in.

What will also benefit BIG is the inclusion of the hotel which will drive big groups to the stadium to host conferences now we have pre and post activities for delegates, so the businesses will drive each other which also means it will not rely on solely people rocking up at the weekend.

Every club in the world even Barca and Real will be jealous of the fact we have been able to build a model of off the pitch business which will ultimately drive the football operations forward, as I said before given the fact we have stolen a march on others and the nature of the stadium and area, it will be virtually impossible to replicate.

You can also now make a HUGE case for the decisions made in the past, relative short term pain (whilst improving the team from the 90s beyond recognition) to arrive at this junction

Real Madrid has adjusted their approach for a few years now, they were the poster boys for unsustainable. La Liga's wage cap also forced them to align.

Bayern is like if you had United in a league without any of the other top 6 teams, they already outspend the entire league without needing to push their limits.
So they are sustainable...

What is happening with the hotel? Is it just mothballed for now until the stadium debts diminish a bit?
We'd received planning for it as part of the overall stadium project but we have revisited it with a redesign and some alterations (this is all very recent). iirc that's not been approved yet and there were some objections....but I'm sure it'll all be pushed thru at some stage.

Too add, the debt is not diminishing it's being serviced.

We'd received planning for it as part of the overall stadium project but we have revisited it with a redesign and some alterations (this is all very recent). iirc that's not been approved yet and there were some objections....but I'm sure it'll all be pushed thru at some stage.

I'm sure there was something recently about it being given the go-ahead

The original debt has diminished a lot in real terms. Inflation had already wiped out 20% of it.
I believe we have low fixed debt service costs in the long term so a big win- the whole timing of the build was so fortunate.

Also what is unsustainable about the Real Madrid Bayern Munich numbers? They make a small profit each season.

Surely the Spanish government can’t keep buying land off Madrid at inflated prices.

Bayern have a reliance on Telekom sponsorship, no other company in Germany would hand over that much cash.

To answer another post in this one.

Arsenal, my bad, didn’t notice them in the list.

Liverpool, can’t keep selling players for ridiculously inflated prices, and, bound to get popped for their PED use at some point.

What is happening with the hotel? Is it just mothballed for now until the stadium debts diminish a bit?

I've heard it will be a joint venture with a hotel brand, most hotels are owned by private investors and brands come in and run it as if it theirs and take a %.

Talk it will be one of the Accor lifestyle brands

Surely the Spanish government can’t keep buying land off Madrid at inflated prices.

Bayern have a reliance on Telekom sponsorship, no other company in Germany would hand over that much cash.

Liverpool, can’t keep selling players for ridiculously inflated prices, and, bound to get popped for their PED use at some point.

Yep all are reliant still on football and football related commercials. No one has the diversity of us

The original debt has diminished a lot in real terms. Inflation had already wiped out 20% of it.
I believe we have low fixed debt service costs in the long term so a big win- the whole timing of the build was so fortunate.
Indeed. The final debt we've refinanced is well below the total cost of the project. And actually includes the £250m extra borrowing to pay off the government loan and other short term lending facilities we had. So without Covid we'd be in an even better position.

But as you say, on balance we've been fortunate with the timing. Yes Covid disrupted us using the stadium BUT at least it didn't come during the build or GHod forbid the delays phase where 5,000 people onsite would have been sent home indefinitely. We've also snuck in before some ridiculous rises in construction material costs

On top of that we refinanced in the last throws of low interest rates...an average of 2.8% on our long term debt (ie almost all of it).

It has to be noted, that access to those interest rates and the steadying of the ship thru COVID is 100% down to Levy, the decisions he makes and how he is viewed in the commercial world.

The cost now for a rival to copy is daunting.

I dunno if you hadn't realised but the land sale by Real Madrid was over 20 years ago and was for less than 245m. That isn't what is making them sustainable today in 2024.

Bro you're just trying to change reality to fit your own narrative. 😅 About half the clubs in the list are working to sustainable means. It's really only Chelsea, City and PSG that buck that trend.

Barca is a slightly different story, they have high revenues and high costs but the very strict La Liga spending rules that have hampered them in recent years, not an actual lack of income or cash flow to a lesser extent.

Indeed. The final debt we've refinanced is well below the total cost of the project. And actually includes the £250m extra borrowing to pay off the government loan and other short term lending facilities we had. So without Covid we'd be in an even better position.

But as you say, on balance we've been fortunate with the timing. Yes Covid disrupted us using the stadium BUT at least it didn't come during the build or GHod forbid the delays phase where 5,000 people onsite would have been sent home indefinitely. We've also snuck in before some ridiculous rises in construction material costs

On top of that we refinanced in the last throws of low interest rates...an average of 2.8% on our long term debt (ie almost all of it).

It has to be noted, that access to those interest rates and the steadying of the ship thru COVID is 100% down to Levy, the decisions he makes and how he is viewed in the commercial world.

The cost now for a rival to copy is daunting.
Yeah steel and materials cost alone would now be what 40% greater?

That’s the reward for getting things done.

Back