• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele interview

It's a romantic and unrealistic notion for me to write off whatever Everton may owe us. I'd love him to get fit and come back. He's still only 28. Imagine if Ange could turn him back into the player he once was. Ah dreams...

He never really developed as a player beyond his ability to arrive in the box at the right time and finish off chances. He wasn’t a great passer or a player who could dominate the midfield or create. Hell of a player in his prime, albeit somewhat of a niche player. For the record, I’m rooting for him to get his career back on track. He’s had a tough life and seems like a good character on the whole. It’s sad to see how far his stock has fallen as he scored an incredibly impressive number of goals in his first two seasons with us.

He never really developed as a player beyond his ability to arrive in the box at the right time and finish off chances. He wasn’t a great passer or a player who could dominate the midfield or create. Hell of a player in his prime, albeit somewhat of a niche player. For the record, I’m rooting for him to get his career back on track. He’s had a tough life and seems like a good character on the whole. It’s sad to see how far his stock has fallen as he scored an incredibly impressive number of goals in his first two seasons with us.

I think he's always was a bit of a luxury player, very effective but the team has to be able to "carry" him for parts of a game (yes, I know he works hard but it's more game contribution)

He's going to struggle in a league that emphasizes work rate and has tons of 6/10 players every game, without the right manager to gamble on him, and the system to take advantage of the late run, auxiliary creator/striker ability .. he should seriously consider Europe

That purple patch with Eriksen swinging in no look crosses and Dele ghosting in the box will never be forgotten. Some beautiful goals during that period.

I hope he finds a good club that suits the way he plays and gets the best out of him again.

I think he's always was a bit of a luxury player, very effective but the team has to be able to "carry" him for parts of a game (yes, I know he works hard but it's more game contribution)

He's going to struggle in a league that emphasizes work rate and has tons of 6/10 players every game, without the right manager to gamble on him, and the system to take advantage of the late run, auxiliary creator/striker ability .. he should seriously consider Europe
His work rate is top drawer but it’s his impact that’s dropped.

His head has to be right but with the right coach that may come back

His work rate is top drawer but it’s his impact that’s dropped.

His head has to be right but with the right coach that may come back
On the money.
His workmate was excellent during those times...he was often, along with Eriksen, the player with the most yards covered. Very smart defensively too.
I think he was a generational talent who lost his way, in large part, due to injuries and also (as we have since learned) his mental state. I blame Mourinho for contributing to that BTW.
It will be intertesting to see how he can assimilate back into the modern game. I'd love him at ours nostalgically, but system-wise there is no space for him. It will be interesting to see where he ends up...love the guy and want him to succeed again.

On the money.
His workmate was excellent during those times...he was often, along with Eriksen, the player with the most yards covered. Very smart defensively too.
I think he was a generational talent who lost his way, in large part, due to injuries and also (as we have since learned) his mental state. I blame Mourinho for contributing to that BTW.
It will be intertesting to see how he can assimilate back into the modern game. I'd love him at ours nostalgically, but system-wise there is no space for him. It will be interesting to see where he ends up...love the guy and want him to succeed again.
I’d be willing to take a gamble just to have him with us again, but am aware that’s heart over head stuff.

Ben Davies disagrees (20:40ish)

What the hell kind of accent is that!? Davies sounds like he's from Iceland or something!

What the hell kind of accent is that!? Davies sounds like he's from Iceland or something!
Bound to happen when you spend most of your life in a change room with several languages and half-english being spoken.

Like Dier it's a sign of empathy to adjust your accent to suit those around you.

Bound to happen when you spend most of your life in a change room with several languages and half-english being spoken.

Like Dier it's a sign of empathy to adjust your accent to suit those around you.
I thought originally it was a bit American just to adjust to Marcotti but yeah it's Welsh with a bit of everything ain't it

Reactions: jrh
Back