• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

As I have been saying, the boy has been finding positions all season so it was only a matter of time before he started putting them away and not missing. Another quality performance. Some have said quiet; look, he was busy, industrious and mobile last night. Not everything is nutmegs and flair. Superb finishing too. I stand by my description of him, one which I will formally note SUIYHA ridiculed. The lad is superb.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

As I have been saying, the boy has been finding positions all season so it was only a matter of time before he started putting them away and not missing. Another quality performance. Some have said quiet; look, he was busy, industrious and mobile last night. Not everything is nutmegs and flair. Superb finishing too. I stand by my description of him, one which I will formally note SUIYHA ridiculed. The lad is superb.
I'll probably get slated for this, but I think there are parallels between Alli's performance last night and Son's against Watford. They both run very well off the ball and keep defenders busy. If a defender has to be "on it" for most of the game, he's more likely to slip up at some point.

I seem to be gushing on every thread today. I'm just on a massive high after that game. I'll be slitting my wrists after Tony F***ing Pulis brings me back down again.

_93270541_mirror.jpg

Dele has now become the second-fastest English midfielder to reach that landmark of goals 20 in the Premier League. Only Matt Le Tissier reached 20 goals in fewer games - and even then, it was only two games less

And didn't Matt Le Tiss take free kicks and penalties? How many of his goals in that total came from dead balls?

Ha! Alli has it all. Bentaleb is potentially excellent but lacks the mentality it appears.

I would certainly have Alli more than Bentelab!!!! I always said he had fantastic potential and he in undoubtedly beginning to fulfill it. However, your description (as is your won't) is a tad OTT even for you, don't you think? I hope he carries on fulfilling his extraordinary potential but he is still learning and has a long way to go before he can be compared to career greats like Maradona, Lampard, Gascoigne, Gerrard etc. He is certainly on the right track though.

Good to see Dele back in form, definitely had a little drop in early part of season.

Amazed that people (especially pundits) in any part thought he and Kane had poor/quiet parts of that game. Chelsea is very well set up defensively, Kane's role was to draw players to him, Dele's role was to make smart runs, and Eriksen's was to leverage space created. Because of the nature of Chelsea's setup, it was a pressure until the chance opened, then take it, we did that twice. Everybody played well.

Dele's challenge now is to go from England's next best thing (no question his first season and half has been special), to a real world class player, consistent day in, day out match winner. that may take him another season and a half, but his goal has to be something more than a name on the list of "could have been" English players ...

I would certainly have Alli more than Bentelab!!!! I always said he had fantastic potential and he in undoubtedly beginning to fulfill it. However, your description (as is your won't) is a tad OTT even for you, don't you think? I hope he carries on fulfilling his extraordinary potential but he is still learning and has a long way to go before he can be compared to career greats like Maradona, Lampard, Gascoigne, Gerrard etc. He is certainly on the right track though.
You missed out Gareth Bale...

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have been one of Alli's biggest champions since the Real Madrid pre-season game in 2015. I had him in my Fantasy Football team from the start of that season and whilst all the "experts" were saying it was too early when he had his first England call-up I already knew he should be first choice for club and country. But if you compare anyone in our squad to Diego Maradona then you deserve all the ridicule you get.

It's weird, because before this recent purple patch I'd say that Alli was actually having a pretty bad season. But other than the Man Utd game where he was terrible, he's massively improved since Swansea.

I think what's really helped his goalscoring recently is that teams don't know what position he's playing in. He's technically a midfielder but in other games he's practically been a number 10 playing off Kane. Last night he was a wing forward. That kind of unpredictability as well as the way he times his runs well to find space in front of goal has meant that defences are really struggling to deal with him at the moment.

After scoring this many goals including in such a high profile game, teams are not going to be thinking of him as a young player any more. He is a major threat and people will be building their game plans around him. And that is where we find if he's destined to become as good as Muller or Lampard, or just another overhyped youngster who peaks at 20 years old. I remember a similar tossfest over Aaron Lennon at a similar age when he scored the winner against Chelsea too so his progression is by no means guaranteed.

His song is really starting to grow on me now though! I hated it at first because it was a) annoyingly repetitive, b) had already been rinsed to death by Arsenal and West Ham and c) replaced the far better hokey-cokey one, but belting it out at the Lane yesterday was brilliant.

I have been one of Alli's biggest champions since the Real Madrid pre-season game in 2015. I had him in my Fantasy Football team from the start of that season and whilst all the "experts" were saying it was too early when he had his first England call-up I already knew he should be first choice for club and country. But if you compare anyone in our squad to Diego Maradona then you deserve all the ridicule you get.

It's weird, because before this recent purple patch I'd say that Alli was actually having a pretty bad season. But other than the Man Utd game where he was terrible, he's massively improved since Swansea.

I think what's really helped his goalscoring recently is that teams don't know what position he's playing in. He's technically a midfielder but in other games he's practically been a number 10 playing off Kane. Last night he was a wing forward. That kind of unpredictability as well as the way he times his runs well to find space in front of goal has meant that defences are really struggling to deal with him at the moment.

After scoring this many goals including in such a high profile game, teams are not going to be thinking of him as a young player any more. He is a major threat and people will be building their game plans around him. And that is where we find if he's destined to become as good as Muller or Lampard, or just another overhyped youngster who peaks at 20 years old. I remember a similar tossfest over Aaron Lennon at a similar age when he scored the winner against Chelsea too so his progression is by no means guaranteed.

His song is really starting to grow on me now though! I hated it at first because it was a) annoyingly repetitive, b) had already been rinsed to death by Arsenal and West Ham and c) replaced the far better hokey-cokey one, but belting it out at the Lane yesterday was brilliant.

I've said it before, Dele owes Poch a lot for the freedom he's given, he's the only player on the team that can be free of responsibility and move wherever he wants.He is quite simply the player who makes runs beyond Kane, wide/center, provider or scorer, up to him on day, based on space/opposition.

Agree with last part, he has to push on and become a WC player from here, the stats (over season and half) show he has it vs. a one off performance. 15-20 goals this season would be a big step ..

You lot have some real problems with reading and comprehension. Steff said Alli had the GUILE of Maradona (IIRC). Not the skill, not the power, not the haircut, the GUILE.

PS - Dele may have got to 50 goals quicker than any other midfielder... but he ain't a midfielder and he ain't playing in midfield (compared to those 90s and 00s players you are comparing him to)

PS - Dele may have got to 50 goals quicker than any other midfielder... but he ain't a midfielder and he ain't playing in midfield (compared to those 90s and 00s players you are comparing him to)

So not sure I agree,

- He has played in midfield a lot for us, when Dier started the DM role
- He is a midfielder, he's one absent a lot of positional responsibility, but so is De Bruyne and a host of AMs in modern sides

I don't think he's a similar player to most he is compared to, best example is Lampard, very different style of player, but both are very smart at anticipating the ball and converting to goals, nothing else. I still say Dele reminds me of a better version of Jenas.

Back