• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Just thought of something slightly related - what if, when we face teams like WBA and Stoke (old version), the club spent a bit of money on 10-20 cameramen whose only task is to film everything the opposition players do. Get great footage of all the fouls they commit that are not punished, the time wasting and everything else - then publish our own highlight video of it.

Would probably smell quite strongly of sour grapes, but at least for yesterday I'm sure it would be a very well received and watched one hour summary of the game.

As an alternative I would like to see any camera feeds ran through our own IT systems so that any footage such as last night could be "filtered out". At the end of the day that wasn't caught by the live Sky feed it was just an over-exuberant cameraman/producer who later spotted it and has given it some legs. No doubt one or both are either Gooners/Chavs/Leicester fans.

As an alternative I would like to see any camera feeds ran through our own IT systems so that any footage such as last night could be "filtered out". At the end of the day that wasn't caught by the live Sky feed it was just an over-exuberant cameraman/producer who later spotted it and has given it some legs. No doubt one or both are either Gooners/Chavs/Leicester fans.
Not really mate. They always rewind the tape to see why a player is angry, so when Yacob squared up they wound it back.

What Spurs should do is wind the tapes back further to highlight why Alli got annoyed I.e. Get a ban for Yacob too and thus deter other teams from winding up Alli. I'm sure the black box team have all the tapes

Silly moment from him, he'll learn but unfortunately it wont be until he's been punished a few times. If we are without him for the rest of season, it'll hurt us for sure but we'll get through it. Not the greatest way to react to winning young player of the year now is it?

Some of my mates argue that incidents like last night are part of why he is so good. I see the argument but it doesn't wash with me one bit. There must a be balance that can be found with being fiesty/competitive and being totally reckless? People say the same about Rooney and defend him when he makes a bad tackle or does something similarly stupid. It's making excuses for them almost like saying it's just something that you should have to accept because he is a top player. What good is a player if they get suspended for 5-10 games a season?

Some of my mates argue that incidents like last night are part of why he is so good. I see the argument but it doesn't wash with me one bit. There must a be balance that can be found with being fiesty/competitive and being totally reckless? People say the same about Rooney and defend him when he makes a bad tackle or does something similarly stupid. It's making excuses for them almost like saying it's just something that you should have to accept because he is a top player. What good is a player if they get suspended for 5-10 games a season?

Gascoigne, Scholes? Both had an in-your-face aggressive side to them that was the right side of the line 98% of the time.

Wasn't he tripped and held back by that donkey Jacob seconds before,it be ridiculous if he is charged with that...was it a sky camera that picked it up or some other.

Why aren't defenders who tear each apart at corners get a talking too...

Dele Alli: Tottenham midfielder charged with violent conduct

• 3 minutes ago
  • From the sectionFootball
_82601512_breakingnews.jpg

Midfielder Dele Alli could miss the rest of Tottenham's season after being charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.

Television footage appeared to show Alli punching Claudio Yacob during his side's draw with West Brom on Monday.

The incident was not included in the referee's report on the 1-1 draw.

Violent conduct usually incurs a three-game suspension, which would mean the 20-year-old England player misses all of Spurs' remaining fixtures.

He has until 18:00 BST on Wednesday, 27 April to respond.

After the game, Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino said he had not seen the incident, but added: "Sometimes the opponents find him and try to provoke, they know he has a strong character and may react."

More to follow.

Wasn't he tripped and held back by that donkey Jacob seconds before,it be ridiculous if he is charged with that...was it a sky camera that picked it up or some other.

Why aren't defenders who tear each apart at corners get a talking too...

Sky missed it
Was caught on foreign TV and then tweeted to make it known
Sky only covered it at the end of the game

This is where the game misses SAF or Jose, the rule is raise your hands and you're off. If any of they two were in a job then they would highlight how ridiculous this decision is. There would be no one left on the pitch at some games after set pieces.
F A are getting away with one here.

Oh and when is the England manager going to come out and defend Ali?

Back