• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

So now what...where does this leave Mason?! I know everyone will say this is all good competition for places and it is,just have no idea what our best eleven actually is...

Your not paid to solve this problem so suck on wet socks :)

Alli is absolutely class. What I would say though is that he is so so attacking he maybe leaves us slightly more exposed which may not be perfect against certain opposition; but he adds so much to our play Mason and Bentaleb don't get close to. He drives forward with the ball and is an incredible link to our front players.

Think he was decent today but not as good as recent games. Struggled with some of his passing and retention. Exciting player but I think he might be used better in one of the forward roles. Think we missed Mason today quite obviously

Think he was decent today but not as good as recent games. Struggled with some of his passing and retention. Exciting player but I think he might be used better in one of the forward roles. Think we missed Mason today quite obviously

Don't agree with that. Thought he was great today. Sure, he misplaced a few passes, but he's constantly on the move, creating space for the people around him. Very lively, and very much liking how he seems to have this thing with Son going as well.

Don't agree with that. Thought he was great today. Sure, he misplaced a few passes, but he's constantly on the move, creating space for the people around him. Very lively, and very much liking how he seems to have this thing with Son going as well.

Same here, no disrespect to Mason, but I thought with Alli partnering Dier today, we looked the most fluent we have done all season. Personally at times today we were superb to watch, all we tended to do wrong was over-elaborate in front of goal, when on occasions we should have just 'put the laces through it'

More of the same weds please

Same here, no disrespect to Mason, but I thought with Alli partnering Dier today, we looked the most fluent we have done all season. Personally at times today we were superb to watch, all we tended to do wrong was over-elaborate in front of goal, when on occasions we should have just 'put the laces through it'

More of the same weds please

This.
The amount of time we spent in front of goal messing around was very frustrating.

Alli is absolutely class. What I would say though is that he is so so attacking he maybe leaves us slightly more exposed which may not be perfect against certain opposition; but he adds so much to our play Mason and Bentaleb don't get close to. He drives forward with the ball and is an incredible link to our front players.

You're all or nothing you aincha? :)

Mason isn't as bad as you make out and Alli isn't as good as you make out!!

Alli was excellent today. Not perfect with all of his passing, but against team sitting back like Palace were he was the perfect choice. Dier was more than enough cover when he went forward.

Last edited:
I thought in the first half he had a mixed performance. He looked quite ponderous on the ball and when receiving it with his back to goal he turned quite slowly. His starting position from our goal kicks was different to Mason and Bentaleb in that he was often in advance of Dier as opposed to alongside. This may have been the plan from Poch, because Palace were happy to sit back, but I thought we were forced to go long more often today because we ended up with one less passing option. In the second half he was more effective and seemed to be better focussed, playing more naturally.

The monkey-headed one just gave voice to the comment I've been making in my own circle about Alli. He's like Jermaine Jenas, but with dynamism.

The monkey-headed one just gave voice to the comment I've been making in my own circle about Alli. He's like Jermaine Jenas, but with dynamism.

Absolutely disagree the only thing him and jenas share is a similar skin tone.

You're all or nothing you aincha? :)

Mason isn't as bad as you make out and Alli isn't as good as you make out!!

Ha, I am very extreme person. But I wasn't all positive. But for me, it's more about seeing something in him which is incredible, that's the thing, so even when he makes mistakes, which he does a fair bit, you can see all the good stuff. My problem with mason is you get the mitsakes, but you don't get much good stuff (bar the odd game), I'll be gobsmacked if Alli doesn't have ten times the career Mason does.But I also hope Mason can play like he did last game most games.

Will be interesting to see where Poch uses him long-term. Thought he did well yesterday but could equally do well in the no 10 role

Nice that we seem to now have some options in each position

Alli has done well for us so far. But he should make sure it doesn't makes him big-headed. Most English players around his age of 19, normally allows the fame gets to their head. Remember Bentley ? There was an incident against Qarabag where Alli needlessly got into a fight with a Qarabag player after Lamela's goal. Incidents like that will do more harm than good for a young player like Alli.

Wow. o_O

Ha, I am very extreme person. But I wasn't all positive. But for me, it's more about seeing something in him which is incredible, that's the thing, so even when he makes mistakes, which he does a fair bit, you can see all the good stuff. My problem with mason is you get the mitsakes, but you don't get much good stuff (bar the odd game), I'll be gobsmacked if Alli doesn't have ten times the career Mason does.But I also hope Mason can play like he did last game most games.

Well you claimed a year or so ago Kane and Mason would both be playing in the championship within 2 seasons. How much gobsmacking do you want?

Will be interesting to see where Poch uses him long-term. Thought he did well yesterday but could equally do well in the no 10 role

Nice that we seem to now have some options in each position

He was pretty much playing that position yesterday. It was more like a 4-1-4-1 formation.

He will end up playing central mid IMO

We may be able to play him further forward but his transitional play from deep aligned to his late runs makes him a pretty tidy option for the central midfield berth

I also think we have a few coming through that could occupy the positions further forward so we can fit them in into a complimentary side

Back