• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I agree I'm of the opinion any striker would have done. Even a crap one who just had his body in the right place (Llorente) would be better than what we have.

I think it was a mixture of arrogance, shortsightedness and incompetence that left us without a striker despite knowing that both options were likely out for the rest of the season.
Llorente would have been fine
For all his limitations he was effective (the results show that)

How do you account for his loss of form the previous 18 months? To be fair he has been played out of position but he hasn’t kicked on whether that’s his fault or ours I really don’t know.

You answered your own question.
Imagine if Harry Kane had spent 18 months playing right, left, AM, deep lying playmaker and uptop, never holding the same position for longer than a few games because injuries/lack of proper top 4 squad strength forced the issue? Dele is one of the ONLY players we have who is capable of playing several roles and he is paying for it.

Further, think about who he has lost around him. No Eriksen, Alderweireld not the same and then there's the likes of Lucas who simply don't play intelligent connective football on anything close to a regular basis. Finally, add a manager who patently does not work on attacking shape.

Imagine if Harry Kane had spent 18 months playing right, left, AM, deep lying playmaker and uptop, never holding the same position for longer than a few games because injuries/lack of proper top 4 squad strength forced the issue? Dele is one of the ONLY players we have who is capable of playing several roles and he is paying for it.

Further, think about who he has lost around him. No Eriksen, Alderweireld not the same and then there's the likes of Lucas who simply don't play intelligent connective football on anything close to a regular basis. Finally, add a manager who patently does not work on attacking shape.

To some extent I agree but it’s not like he was played out of position every single game. That aside, his decision making hasn’t improved for me, still doesn’t know when to keep things simple and when to be clever. Holds on to the ball for too long. Sounds like oversimplification but he needs to keep it simple at times and not always try the extravagant.

I disagree that he can play multiple roles. He’s not a good enough passer to play deep.

When I watch him play I definitely don’t think he’s too good for us.

He isn't capable.

As I've said before and was hounded by some of you, it is NOW time to get rid of him.

Not good enough.

I can empathise with him being played out of position, I also understand it being a possible cause for a dip in form. When played in behind a striker he's done well.

What I can't excuse and won't accept is the arm waving, berating team mates and constant strops and tantrums of late. He's a decent player with plenty of potential, but he's not above graft and hard work. He's also at the stage of his career where he needs to be setting the tone.

I think he has a lot to learn and improve on before he's classed as a great. No teams above us would take him as he is currently and he needs to have a real think about where he goes as a player from here.

Not sure why typically reasonable posters like @thfcsteff and @StephenH believe he's beyond critique.

I can empathise with him being played out of position, I also understand it being a possible cause for a dip in form. When played in behind the striker he's done well.

What I can't excuse and won't accept is the arm waving, berating team mates and constant strops and tantrums of late. He's a decent player with plenty of potential, but he's not above graft and hard work. He's also at the stage of his career where he needs to be setting the tone.

I think he has a lot to learn and improve on before he's classed as a great. No teams above us would take him as he is currently and he needs to have a real think about where his career goes from here.

Not sure why typically reasonable posters like @thfcsteff and @StephenH believe he's beyond critique.

We are bereft of good players! So we can ill afford to get rid of our top players. Yes, people are understandably hurting but we don't need to cut our noses off to spite our metaphoric face!

We are bereft of good players! So we can ill afford to get rid of our top players. Yes, people are understandably hurting but we don't need to cut our noses off to spite our metaphoric face!
He's a good player in the SS position very much meh everywhere else. So if he isn't going to be playing SS he's very easily replaceable and even his form in his own position is reasonably in question.

I don't have an issue with those that think he's GHod's gift, it's a reasonable view if you value certain attributes but I do find it amusing the number of excuses those same people make for his poor form. Rarely is he ever critiqued for what he failed at instead excuses are always made as to why he is unable to perform.

He's responsible for his own form good or bad.

He's a good player in the SS position very much meh everywhere else. So if he isn't going to be playing SS he's very easily replaceable and even his form in his own position is reasonably in question.

I don't have an issue with those that think he's GHod's gift, it's a reasonable view if you value certain attributes but I do find it amusing the number of excuses those same people make for his poor form. Rarely is he ever critiqued for what he failed at instead excuses are always made as to why he is unable to perform.

He's responsible for his own form good or bad.

Sadly we are in such a poor run of form it is hard to see any player looking worth his place!
GLC and Aurier have looked decent.

I can empathise with him being played out of position, I also understand it being a possible cause for a dip in form. When played in behind a striker he's done well.

I think he has a lot to learn and improve on before he's classed as a great. No teams above us would take him as he is currently and he needs to have a real think about where he goes as a player from here.

I'm the opposite, I'm glad someone is sick enough of this brick to moan about it.
In fact I'm opinion the only tbi g diet did wrong last night was taking his anger and frustration into the dressing room and telling some of them some home truths.

I appreciate your consideration of me as reasonable mate - I am feeling increasingly unreasonable TBH!!!!!

With regards to arm-waving, Lucas ignores him most of the time, thus I think a bit of hand-waving is inevitable. As for your graft and hard work comment, I simply don't understand what you're not seeing. The bloke runs his gonad*s off.

I appreciate your consideration of me as reasonable mate - I am feeling increasingly unreasonable TBH!!!!!

With regards to arm-waving, Lucas ignores him most of the time, thus I think a bit of hand-waving is inevitable. As for your graft and hard work comment, I simply don't understand what you're not seeing. The bloke runs his gonad*s off.
It was noted by MouMou that Bergwijn pleaded to come off at 54 mins to avoid injury, Moura pleaded to come off at 70, Winks came off at 80 yet Alli played 96.
And Lo Celso played 120.

I worry Alli and Lo Celso will go down with muscular injuries against Burnley, if not rested.

To some extent I agree but it’s not like he was played out of position every single game. That aside, his decision making hasn’t improved for me, still doesn’t know when to keep things simple and when to be clever. Holds on to the ball for too long. Sounds like oversimplification but he needs to keep it simple at times and not always try the extravagant.

I disagree that he can play multiple roles. He’s not a good enough passer to play deep.

When I watch him play I definitely don’t think he’s too good for us.

Playing him deeper doesn't get the best out of him but its been/being done for the benefit of the team.

The last 18 months have been done to death, World Cup, injuries, playing all around the midfield etc.

I've highlighted his stats with Kane this season - 6 in 12 with a few assists....and that's without a form playmaker like Eriksen. With Kane back in and GLC now picking up the creative work he will be fine with a bit of patience.

It was noted by MouMou that Bergwijn pleaded to come off at 54 mins to avoid injury, Moura pleaded to come off at 70, Winks came off at 80 yet Alli played 96.
And Lo Celso played 120.

I worry Alli and Lo Celso will go down with muscular injuries against Burnley, if not rested.

Almost certain to happen if you overwork players. Kane is the example. Missed about 5 minutes out of 18ish games.

Rondon on loan after China cancelled the league - there was options.
Yeah but no one wanted him for some reason
I thought he was viable
Maybe clubs were concerned about bringing in players from china
As I said I’ll reserve my judgment on the Ighalo signing until I see him score a few in the league

Back