• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

No Kane.
No Son.
No Eriksen.

Arguably the three players that have been key to us ever having a consistent Dele.

Not sure 48hrs is enough time to see him recreate that form with Bergwijn and Moura.

I was actually quite encouraged by their performance. We did create, despite sitting back most of the game. Moura had 2 good headed opportunities. Bergwijn's shot was parried back into the box, and could have easily fallen to a white shirt. LeCelo got shots off, and had a FK pushed onto the post. Lamela poses a threat. I think Mourinho has gone a bit OTT. Poch would have highlighted that we can't make excuses. We are creating chances. And we have the firepower. So recon we should just get on with it.

No Kane.
No Son.
No Eriksen.

Arguably the three players that have been key to us ever having a consistent Dele.

Not sure 48hrs is enough time to see him recreate that form with Bergwijn and Moura.

A player who has been moved around, flogged and played when not fully fit/rushed back - no wonder his form has suffered - that’s before you consider he’s not had the players he’s linked up with well to play with.

It’s not a shock he looked back to the old dele when he was given free range behind Kane/Son/Moura.

I think that Mourinho will be quite happy with him being tinkled off at being taken off.

I agree, to much being made out of his actions by some, he was annoyed with himself and i see nothing wrong with his actions.

So many drama queens on this board it's unreal ... Dele showed passion and I'm sure he was disappointed at being subbed again. He knows he is not in top form, but make no mistake about it he is a quality player.

Goodbye dele ... fudging get a grip.

I'd rather say goodbye to some of you gobbrick spurs fans before Dele. I back Dele to cement a role in his favoured position rather than being asked to play multiple positions which are not suited to his skill set.

Could not agree more, the irony of it is that the same folks who are writing him off now are the ones who were bowing at his feet when he first came here. Who said that some fans are not fickle?

I agree, to much being made out of his actions by some, he was annoyed with himself and i see nothing wrong with his actions.

I'm not quite sure it was frustration with himself. I'd say it was more with being taken off by Jose. The reason I say that was he looked shocked to get taken off which means he wasn't expecting that his performance was such that he was going to be taken off.

However, I'd imagine it's just heat of the moment stuff. He wants to do well. He is being prevented from doing it because the manager took him off. That's normal. Alli's always struck me as a fairly level headed fella so I'd bet he'll take it for what it is and try to go out and prove people wrong next time out.

I'm not quite sure it was frustration with himself. I'd say it was more with being taken off by Jose. The reason I say that was he looked shocked to get taken off which means he wasn't expecting that his performance was such that he was going to be taken off.

However, I'd imagine it's just heat of the moment stuff. He wants to do well. He is being prevented from doing it because the manager took him off. That's normal. Alli's always struck me as a fairly level headed fella so I'd bet he'll take it for what it is and try to go out and prove people wrong next time out.

Well i doubt any player who is taken off ( especially in such a important game) would not be happy with being so. However i do not think his actions are worth worrying about as Alli seems to be a guy who tends to show his emotions.

I was lucky that during my playing days that i was not taken off very often but when i was i was annoyed with myself more then the manager, i see Alli as having the same make up.

Well i doubt any player who is taken off ( especially in such a important game) would not be happy with being so. However i do not think his actions are worth worrying about as Alli seems to be a guy who tends to show his emotions.

I was lucky that during my playing days that i was not taken off very often but when i was i was annoyed with myself more then the manager, i see Alli as having the same make up.

Fully agree. I don't think it's anything to worry about at all and I'm delighted he was tinkled off. I'd be a bit more worried if he came off, put his feet up, smiled and called his girlfriend. I think that's what some people expect him to do.

Alli is a good lad, a pro and immensely talented. Talk of getting rid is braindead.

Fully agree. I don't think it's anything to worry about at all and I'm delighted he was tinkled off. I'd be a bit more worried if he came off, put his feet up, smiled and called his girlfriend. I think that's what some people expect him to do.

Alli is a good lad, a pro and immensely talented. Talk of getting rid is braindead.

It really is, however it seems to me that he seems to be the latest in line for slagging off by some.

Do you think he fits the way the team is eveloving?

Funny you should say that, was talking to a couple of guys today about how we see the team progressing what with all the new players that have arrived and maybe more in the summer. We were trying to see how he would be used and what position he will have to play in.

As most of us agree ( i think) his best position is playing off the main striker and he has the talent to be very good at that, i think his form has not been that good this year but he has not played where he does best ( on most occasions anyway) and has taken one for the team.

I suppose Jose will have to sort that out if we are to see Alli at his best, will he? i do hope so because with a on form Alli in the side doing what he does best we are a much better side.

Funny you should say that, was talking to a couple of guys today about how we see the team progressing what with all the new players that have arrived and maybe more in the summer. We were trying to see how he would be used and what position he will have to play in.

As most of us agree ( i think) his best position is playing off the main striker and he has the talent to be very good at that, i think his form has not been that good this year but he has not played where he does best ( on most occasions anyway) and has taken one for the team.

I suppose Jose will have to sort that out if we are to see Alli at his best, will he? i do hope so because with a on form Alli in the side doing what he does best we are a much better side.
But if we change to a system like Liverpool for example could he fit?
I still think we’re moving to a 4-3-3 and he doesn’t fit that
If we stay 4-2-3-1 then he can play but the midfield becomes a huge problem

But if we change to a system like Liverpool for example could he fit?
I still think we’re moving to a 4-3-3 and he doesn’t fit that
If we stay 4-2-3-1 then he can play but the midfield becomes a huge problem

Well as you say a 4-3-3 system would not really suit him, to be honest i would think we will end up with the 4-2-3-1 system which would suit us with the players we have at the moment. However as we were saying today a lot depends on what movement of players coming in during the summer.

I think the next month or so will help Jose make up his mind about what players he will keep and those who may have to move on, we have so many players ( when fit) who will play in the M/F area and as you say they will not all play. Interesting summer coming up for Jose and us as fans.

Well as you say a 4-3-3 system would not really suit him, to be honest i would think we will end up with the 4-2-3-1 system which would suit us with the players we have at the moment. However as we were saying today a lot depends on what movement of players coming in during the summer.

I think the next month or so will help Jose make up his mind about what players he will keep and those who may have to move on, we have so many players ( when fit) who will play in the M/F area and as you say they will not all play. Interesting summer coming up for Jose and us as fans.
I just think he likes winks and Lo Celso and he has to fit in fatty Tanguy somehow
And all of them can play and pass
Steve, son and Kane look to me to complimentary players who don’t rely on one strength or another player.

I just think he likes winks and Lo Celso and he has to fit in fatty Tanguy somehow
And all of them can play and pass
Steve, son and Kane look to me to complimentary players who don’t rely on one strength or another player.

You may be right mate, as i said its difficult to know for sure how we will play next season(especially if we do sign a couple of players this summer). What i will say we were all fairly optimistic looking forward to what we may be like with players fit, new ones settled and what our team will look like next season.

Lets be honest before Jose came here a lot of fans were fearing the worst and i even heard some fools saying a relegation fight may happen. Since then we have seen some promise ( and i agree its still not quite right) but i am looking forward to seeing what Jose does over the summer and hopfully starting off next season with a fully fit, settled side.

I likewise agree, I don't think bossing a game has ever been his forte. At his best he's a sublime finisher of moves, whether that is putting the ball in the back of the net himself or playing a part in the stages. But a dominant ball player?

Nah I would have classed him as such, it's not his game and does him a disservice when we have tried to play him that way, it doesn't suit him or us.

I should’ve been clearer in fairness. I was saying his unique skill set could boss games if he had a chance to play in his favorite position.

Back