• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

His agent should be fired unless there is more to the deal than the headline. 90k a week in this market is what good players are getting. Alli is a lot better than that.

Great news for us though because I think he’s improving all the time and will be a superstar. Eriksen next please.

I read the other day that clubs are resetting their money and a number of clubs have come together to reign in wages going forward, the 150-250k a week wage days might be at an end quicker than they started.

that would be illegal wage suppression wouldn't it?

Is it? If market conditions change andyou are paid in line I think its hard to prove from what is a conversation where chairman agreed wages were out of control.

Apple and Google got in a lot of trouble for coming to similar arrangements, as you say, it would have to be provable in court.

Where is Poch cardboard cut out? Does that mean he is leaving? hahaaha

Levy has sold Florentino Pérez the cardboard cut out for £20m.
Won't matter Florentino will not realise and still pay the cut-out's contract up for £15m in a few months!

Apple and Google got in a lot of trouble for coming to similar arrangements, as you say, it would have to be provable in court.

Ahh I did not see that, will have a look actually. In football I suppose its even harder to prove because there is a huge gulf in what players are paid and a club can base their contract offer on their income or balance on the books to justify a smaller offer.

Ahh I did not see that, will have a look actually. In football I suppose its even harder to prove because there is a huge gulf in what players are paid and a club can base their contract offer on their income or balance on the books to justify a smaller offer.

True, I wouldn't trust most chairman to stick to it either way.

Maybe this is why he had a spring in his step when he came on yesterday, his future is sorted and he feels more comfortable. Would also explain why Eriksen has been so poor this season. Once players get into their last 2 years (I can't remember a player signing a new contract within their last two years?) they basically have to be duplicitous. Eriksen doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would find that comfortable.

that would be illegal wage suppression wouldn't it?

It would be one of the best things that have happened in football for quite a while. Wage caps is a good thing when you're talking salaries as obscene as in today's football. IMO. Can't see the financially doped clubs agreeing to it though, as it will take away a major advantage for them.

Anyways; great news with the new Dele contract!

Maybe this is why he had a spring in his step when he came on yesterday, his future is sorted and he feels more comfortable. Would also explain why Eriksen has been so poor this season. Once players get into their last 2 years (I can't remember a player signing a new contract within their last two years?) they basically have to be duplicitous. Eriksen doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would find that comfortable.
IIRC Eriksen had a dip last time his contract was up for renewal. Hope it gets resolved soon, to have him Alli Kane and Poch all signed up protects our biggest assets going into the new stadium.

His agent should be fired unless there is more to the deal than the headline. 90k a week in this market is what good players are getting. Alli is a lot better than that.

Great news for us though because I think he’s improving all the time and will be a superstar. Eriksen next please.
I’ll be surprised if there wasn’t a massive one-time lump sum and also a load of juicy bonuses in that contract.

I’ll be surprised if there wasn’t a massive one-time lump sum and also a load of juicy bonuses in that contract.

I’d imagine you’re right. If any of the top clubs got a whiff Alli wanted out, he’d easily get £150k a week if not more. Best will in the world, £90k isn’t cutting it unless there is a lot more to the deal. It’d be a dereliction of duty on the part of the agent to allow him to sign otherwise.

Either way, I’m bloody thrilled. Even last night, you can see this boy is adding to his game. The bit of play leading to the to the chance for Lamela was great. Alli is now about more than just goals. He’s going to be a star and well done to Levy for signing him up.

Back