• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

Anyone notice that Alli appears a bit peeved with Kane at the moment? He certainly doesn't celebrate Kane's goals with anything like the enthusiasm of previous seasons? Is he tinkled off with all the attention Harry is getting and peeved he doesn't pass to him as much as he feels he should? Just asking?

Anyone notice that Alli appears a bit peeved with Kane at the moment? He certainly doesn't celebrate Kane's goals with anything like the enthusiasm of previous seasons? Is he tinkled off with all the attention Harry is getting and peeved he doesn't pass to him as much as he feels he should? Just asking?
Not sure it's directed exclusively at Harry. He shows his frustration whenever he's taken up a good position and doesn't get the ball, regardless of which player it was that could have passed to him. Thing is he is exceptional at finding space in the box so inevitably there are going to be more times when colleagues fail to find him.

But watching him yesterday there were also several occasions when having received the ball he too failed to pass to someone better placed. Instead he insisted on attempting to take on two or three players, typically losing possession after trying on his favourite crafty nutmeg. Saying that he did also play his part in at least two of our goals so credit to him for that.

Stats

Interesting to see that (on an admittedly small sample size), his performance has been similar to last season.

The three things that really stand out are the fact that his shots are less accurate (at least partly down to trying them from further out), he's less successful at going past people, and that a clear contributor to this is an increase in fouls suffered.

It would be interesting to be able to compare his performance in the cups against this too. It may be that his PL performance is slightly below par and that his cup performances were very good last season, leading to an overall impression of reduction in quality that isn't really there.

I thought some of Dele's quick, first-time passing today was excellent. Unlucky to hit the post, he will click into form soon I reckon.

Could not agree more, i am amazed that there are some fans who thought he was poor. His first time flicks and one around the corner pass he completed was class. He is a kid and will suffer barren runs ( in goals) but he will bounce back, my only concern is that he will get become a marked man with refs because of his over the top appealing at times.

Could not agree more, i am amazed that there are some fans who thought he was poor. His first time flicks and one around the corner pass he completed was class. He is a kid and will suffer barren runs ( in goals) but he will bounce back, my only concern is that he will get become a marked man with refs because of his over the top appealing at times.

Yeah, this reminds me of Bale -- Bale liked a dive and was always appealing for fouls, but then refs started giving him nothing even when people were properly booting him. Dele will draw a lot of fouls because he thinks quicker than most of the players marking him, but he doesn't need the theatrics.

Yeah, this reminds me of Bale -- Bale liked a dive and was always appealing for fouls, but then refs started giving him nothing even when people were properly booting him. Dele will draw a lot of fouls because he thinks quicker than most of the players marking him, but he doesn't need the theatrics.

Indeed, and there is also the point that opposing players will set out to wind him up and get him in trouble. Lets be honest he is 21 and had 3? suspensions already, he has to learn to control his emotions better.

Indeed, and there is also the point that opposing players will set out to wind him up and get him in trouble. Lets be honest he is 21 and had 3? suspensions already, he has to learn to control his emotions better.

I think he's handling opponents trying to wind him up fairly well now -- part of the theatrics I think is to try and turn the tables on them, but as we've said, it will work against him in the long-run. But I haven't seen the loss of temper like last season, and the thing with England/Walker was just nonsense imo.

I think he's handling opponents trying to wind him up fairly well now -- part of the theatrics I think is to try and turn the tables on them, but as we've said, it will work against him in the long-run. But I haven't seen the loss of temper like last season, and the thing with England/Walker was just nonsense imo.

I do agree, but maybe the reason he got the suspension is because the guys who run the game are seeing his name crop up a lot in incidents ( real or not). I just think he needs to control the arm waving and moaning about what he perceives to be fouls on him.

His first time flicks and one around the corner pass he completed was class.
Of course, he does a lot of fantastic things, but he also messes up a lot of simple things and chooses the wrong options... so overall he would contribute more if he played the simpler pass and didn't always try the "5% chancer" flick

This suggestion is quite likely to be laughed out of court but please bear with me a while, I just need to get it out there and see if anyone else can relate to it.

Because I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether Dele is now deliberately doing things like diving just to wind the media up. For the last couple of seasons he has regularly been the centre of media attention either for his sheer brilliance or for his foolishness in over-reacting to provocation.

So what I m wondering is, could it be that he is now becoming a bit of an attention-seeking-junkie who has become addicted to his weekly fix in getting off on the media storm his actions can provoke?

This season his behaviour has certainly seemed a little odd at times. There was his non-celebration after scoring against Chelsea, then we had the middle-finger in the England game which though in my opinion was relatively harmless nevertheless was also ill-advised, and now his strangely flat response after being booked for diving in the Huddersfield game. His indifferent smile seemed maybe one almost of satisfaction at having ruffled feathers by his action. Like he was thinking, you lot in the media expect me to do something newsworthy so there you go, let's see what you make of that.

One subconscious factor might be the increasing number of times opponents are getting away with fouls against him this season. Another might be his apparent frustration with colleagues when they do not pass to him after he's busted a gut to get into a good scoring position. It's almost like he is past caring, that no matter what he does he'll end up losing out so what the hell.

Of course I recognise this theory may be both fanciful and unfair, so feel free to laugh, react with outrage, contempt, indifference, whatever takes your fancy. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Dele, I have nothing but admiration for him and would not blame him for one moment if he was indeed trying to provoke the media.

Just thought I'd share it just to see whether it strikes a chord with anyone.

Last edited:
Of course, he does a lot of fantastic things, but he also messes up a lot of simple things and chooses the wrong options... so overall he would contribute more if he played the simpler pass and didn't always try the "5% chancer" flick

I can't dance with a lot of that, but he is only 21 and still learning the game and with Poch"s help will ( i hope) grow out of that.

This suggestion is quite likely to be laughed out of court but please bear with me a while, I just need to get it out there and see if anyone else can relate to it.

Because I'm seriously beginning to wonder whether Dele is now deliberately doing things like diving just to wind the media up. For the last couple of seasons he has regularly been the centre of media attention either for his sheer brilliance or for his foolishness in over-reacting to provocation.

So what I m wondering is, could it be that he is now becoming a bit of an attention-seeking-junkie who has become addicted to his weekly fix in getting off on the media storm his actions can provoke?

This season his behaviour has certainly seemed a little odd at times. There was his non-celebration after scoring against Chelsea, then we had the middle-finger in the England game which though in my opinion was relatively harmless nevertheless was also ill-advised, and now his strangely flat response after being booked for diving in the Huddersfield game. His indifferent smile seemed maybe one almost of satisfaction at having ruffled feathers by his action. Like he was thinking, you lot in the media expect me to do something newsworthy so there you go, let's see what they make of that.

One subconscious factor might be the increasing number of times opponents are getting away with fouls against him this season. Another might be his apparent frustration with colleagues when they do not pass to him after he's busted a gut to get into a good scoring position. It's almost like he is past caring, that no matter what he does he'll end up losing out so what the hell.

Of course I recognise this theory may be both fanciful and unfair, so feel free to laugh, react with outrage, contempt, indifference, whatever takes your fancy. And please don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go at Dele, I have nothing but admiration for him and would not blame him for one moment if he was indeed trying to provoke the media.

Just thought I'd share it just to see whether it strikes a chord with anyone.

I doubt he cares as much about the media as we do reading it.

I'm sure he justifies the dive by the decisions he didn't get earlier in the game.

I still reckon the non celebration of the goal earlier in the season was because his initial shot was blocked by his own teammate and he ended up with a scruffy goal instead.

If you really want to find out what he might be upset about, look at what his parents have been up to. Trying to sue MK dons because they didn't sign off forms when he was a minor and turning up outside training in attempt to talk to him. He's more likely to be upset with stuff in his own life than his success at Spurs on the pitch.

I can't dance with a lot of that, but he is only 21 and still learning the game and with Poch"s help will ( i hope) grow out of that.
I'm sure Poch will make him see that there is a time a place for a flair move. It reminds me somewhat of Ronaldo and his step overs when he broke through at Utd. Alli will learn in time.

I doubt he cares as much about the media as we do reading it.

I'm sure he justifies the dive by the decisions he didn't get earlier in the game.

I still reckon the non celebration of the goal earlier in the season was because his initial shot was blocked by his own teammate and he ended up with a scruffy goal instead.

If you really want to find out what he might be upset about, look at what his parents have been up to. Trying to sue MK dons because they didn't sign off forms when he was a minor and turning up outside training in attempt to talk to him. He's more likely to be upset with stuff in his own life than his success at Spurs on the pitch.
Funnily enough I originally wrote about the likelihood of his domestic situation being the underlying factor before deleting that bit prior to posting because my post was already getting too long. :rolleyes:

But I'm pretty sure it plays its part.

Back