• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Agree with you regarding Sissoko. A painc buy, at it seems, but I have never seen Poch as a guy that panic. Strange. I would love to know the whole story about that "investment".

Hopefully one day we do hear it. My theory is that Poch was incredibly impressed when they did us 5-1, then watched him dominate in a good French side at the Euros and thought it was worth it. Still, doesn't quite add up when you consider our other recent signings.

Agree with you regarding Sissoko. A painc buy, at it seems, but I have never seen Poch as a guy that panic. Strange. I would love to know the whole story about that "investment".

Some could say, it has all the hallmarks of a 'Trump' signing..........sadly we cant sack it a week later.......

Seriously I would also love to know the whole story.
IMHO we did Ashley a favour due to his old ties to Spurs and he Mick A. is picking up any out of pocket expenses the Daniel may or may not incur.

We'd been tracking him all summer, so it seems unlikely that it was a panic buy.

We'd been tracking him all summer, so it seems unlikely that it was a panic buy.

First, I´m not sure how credible those "tracking all summer" sources are but having said that, tracking is not the same as deadly wanting a player and interested to pay over the top. So surely it was some kind of panic in that buy, or maybe Levy owns Ashley something?

First, I´m not sure how credible those "tracking all summer" sources are but having said that, tracking is not the same as deadly wanting a player and interested to pay over the top. So surely it was some kind of panic in that buy, or maybe Levy owns Ashley something?

My recollection of it was that we wanted him all summer but Saudi Sportswashing Machine preferred Everton's offer. On the final day of the window, Sissoko refused to go to Everton forcing Saudi Sportswashing Machine to accept our offer.

My recollection of it was that we wanted him all summer but Saudi Sportswashing Machine preferred Everton's offer. On the final day of the window, Sissoko refused to go to Everton forcing Saudi Sportswashing Machine to accept our offer.

But with that price is looks more like that we were forces to accept what Saudi Sportswashing Machine wanted, rather than opposite.

But now back to Sanchez, have we signed him yet?;)

Hardly comparable. A professional footballer have a career fo approx 10-15 years, while your and mine last for 30 to 40 years. So for maximum the outcome at the end of their careers they have to consider the development aspect more than we need.

Regarding our own job, a healthy salary will of course make you accept the most boring job for a longer period, but in the end the boredom will take the sh*t out of you. At least it´s how it works for me.
Hardly comparable? No because a footballer will earn more in a year than a normal person does in his entire life. I'd happily take the most boring brick job for a couple of years for £50-60k a week!

But with that price is looks more like that we were forces to accept what Saudi Sportswashing Machine wanted, rather than opposite.

But now back to Sanchez, have we signed him yet?;)

We don't know how the deal is structured

It's a matter of time before Chelsea come in and offer £20m more than we have

The vital part is if whether we have convinced the player and his agent that we are a better option. If so, Ajax has only two option; sell to us or keep the player.

We were linked heavily with Sissoko when he was at Toulouse. There were many reports back in the day of our scouts watching both Capoue and Sissoko when they were hot young talents performing well in Ligue 1

So it seems we've had an eye on Sissoko way before Poch came along

Hotspur Lane‏@HotspurLane 30s31 seconds ago
AS Colombia report Davinson Sanchez is "very close" to joining #thfc

DHMvw5hW0AAIU50.jpg:large

Back