• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Davinson Sanchez

Doesn't matter. He didn't say that the deal is all but signed. He said "Spurs are confident the deal will be completed." Well, I sure hope they are, but that means diddly.

Obligatory airport photo incoming. Spotted at Schiphol wearing a Spurs top! It's getting closer!

askFoz9.jpg

Never heard of him.....is he that reliable?

With Belgian players, 100%. He predicts contract extensions, signings, injury returns and call-ups well before they hit the news, which leads me to believe that he's very connected to the Belgian contingent in England. He predicted Toby's signing about four days before it actually happened, iirc - predicted Jan's contract extension, too, as well as Chadli's sale.

Not sure about whether he's clued in about Dutch football more broadly (as he would have to be to get news about Sanchez right), but it stands to reason that he would be, since Belgian players usually go to the Netherlands a lot. Either way, he's not some rando Twitterer - he has been right an awful lot in the past.

With Belgian players, 100%. He predicts contract extensions, signings, injury returns and call-ups well before they hit the news, which leads me to believe that he's very connected to the Belgian contingent in England. He predicted Toby's signing about four days before it actually happened, iirc - predicted Jan's contract extension, too, as well as Chadli's sale.

Not sure about whether he's clued in about Dutch football more broadly (as he would have to be to get news about Sanchez right), but it stands to reason that he would be, since Belgian players usually go to the Netherlands a lot. Either way, he's not some rando Twitterer - he has been right an awful lot in the past.

Yeah, but all those players are Dutch mate, so I'm sure he's well into this one.

Honest question - what's our record of success with Latin American players other than Argentines in the relatively recent past? As far as I can recall, there haven't been very many at all, and their track record is OK but not great.

Dos Santos (Mexico)
Palacios (Honduras)
Paulinho (Brazil)
Gomes (Brazil)
Poyet (Uruguay).

For whatever reason, we've had a pretty small number. Having a Spanish-speaking manager and coaching staff would help him bed-in, but other than Lamela we don't really have any Spanish-speaking or Central/South Americans.

Honest question - what's our record of success with Latin American players other than Argentines in the relatively recent past? As far as I can recall, there haven't been very many at all, and their track record is OK but not great.

Dos Santos (Mexico)
Palacios (Honduras)
Paulinho (Brazil)
Gomes (Brazil)
Poyet (Uruguay).

For whatever reason, we've had a pretty small number. Having a Spanish-speaking manager and coaching staff would help him bed-in, but other than Lamela we don't really have any Spanish-speaking or Central/South Americans.

But he must speak a bit of Dutch by now, so he will fit in with our massive Dutch contingent

But he must speak a bit of Dutch by now, so he will fit in with our massive Dutch contingent

I that's sort of tongue-in-cheek regarding the Dutch contingent, and while may speak some English and Dutch, he's only been there a year. He was playing in Colombia as recently as 2016.

Dos Santos (Mexico)
Palacios (Honduras)
Paulinho (Brazil)
Gomes (Brazil)
Poyet (Uruguay).

Why would last South American signings have any bearing on his chances of success?

I that's sort of tongue-in-cheek regarding the Dutch contingent, and while may speak some English and Dutch, he's only been there a year. He was playing in Colombia as recently as 2016.

He might feel a bit isolated as you say but it must have been the same when he arrived at Ajax a year ago. However he adapted quickly, apparently is well liked, and has done very well on the pitch.

Having Poch here will be a big help, and Erik too. He is 21 so from an age point of view he will have quite a few young players to blend in with. Dele will teach him some funky handshakes. He will be fine

Back