• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

David Raya

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really doesnt fill me with confidence!!

There's one complete clanger in there and a few where he parried the ball out in front of him rather than away. There's also a few which kind of when in close-ish to him and he sort of dived over it - the sort of goal when you question whether he might have been able to do better.

Lloris is ready for the glue factory so I'd take more or less anyone rather than him. I'd prefer Raya to this chap. Hopefully he's out back-up plan and we land Raya
You reckon if you'd never seen David Raya and then saw a compilation of every goal he'd conceded you would think he's that good?o_O

It's no different to just showing a compilation of a players best bits.

Anyway, Romano says Vicario has agreed a 5 year deal....

Having decried Youtube videos, here's one solely of chat anyway where it says he was 2nd best keeper in Serie A for passing accuracy and had more interceptions than any other keeper which probably indicates he's okay at sweeping.

Insane record against penalties, and lovely to hear that he took in a Ukrainian refugee family

This video claims most interceptions in the league but on Squawka they say he has zero for the season - something not right there

You reckon if you'd never seen David Raya and then saw a compilation of every goal he'd conceded you would think he's that good?o_O

It's no different to just showing a compilation of a players best bits.

Anyway, Romano says Vicario has agreed a 5 year deal....

I think its very different.

I agree with you that you can come up with a compilation of every player's highlights and make everyone look like a star

However, assuming accurate, that compilation was the goals which he conceded last season. So no cherry picking, no picking best bits, no spreading over multiple seasons, no discretion - just the goals which he let in.

As I said I think Lloris is well finished and I also like this sort of under the radar signing. Hope this guy will be great if he joins

I agree with you that you can come up with a compilation of every player's highlights and make everyone look like a star

However, assuming accurate, that compilation was the goals which he conceded last season. So no cherry picking, no picking best bits, no spreading over multiple seasons, no discretion - just the goals which he let in.

As I said I think Lloris is well finished and I also like this sort of under the radar signing. Hope this guy will be great if he joins

If this is a judiciously scouted signing of the type that Brighton have been making then it's what so many have been crying out for. And if it also means we suddenly are spending £15 million less on a key position, then perhaps that's the difference maker when it comes to getting a slightly better centre half, feeling we can bid for Alex Scott or affording another lesser-known squad signing that could bloom tremendously.

| #Tottenham have reached agreement on personal terms with goalkeeper Guglielmo Vicario on five year contract valid until 2028. Official bid to Empoli for Vicario, soon.

@FabrizioRomano

If this is a judiciously scouted signing of the type that Brighton have been making then it's what so many have been crying out for. And if it also means we suddenly are spending £15 million less on a key position, then perhaps that's the difference maker when it comes to getting a slightly better centre half, feeling we can bid for Alex Scott or affording another lesser-known squad signing that could bloom tremendously.

yes of course. You’re repeating what I said in the post which you replied to about under the radar signings

What do ppl think of Brice Samba?
He has 80% save rate in lens. Still got 4 years on contract, but the way he played his transfer from NF. Say that if he want to join us he will make alot of noice to get the transfer

Interesting.
Timing would fit with seeming break down of the Raya deal.
It's smart to be working on a couple of deals simultaneously.

There's a line of thought that it was Onana to United breaking down that has brought it about. Vicario was all set for Inter, but now they don't need him, which opened this opportunity for us.

Of course it's cherry picking, that compilation is just showing every goal he has let in ie the negative, the same as a compilation just showing the positives of a guy doing a load of skills and not him losing the ball etc. If it showed a balance of saves made during the games with the goals conceded integrated you would not think anything if it.

Anyway, I am happy to be paying over 20m less as from all analysis it sounds as if he is a similar level to Raya with the trade off being he's not 'PL proven' (which I think is made out to be more of a thing than it really is) and that he won't be homegrown. But we don't have an unlimited budget so I think it's the right call to make those sacrifices and save over 20m for the kitty....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back