• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

i dont think anyone is saying we have to match what the rich clubs are paying, but instead to raise at least a few key ones. Alderweireld, Eriksen and Dele should be at or just over the 100k a week mark. Its a matter of making them feel valued whilst they are here. They are putting in the effort week in week out, the club has been challenging for the title for the last 2 years and someone like Eriksen only recently jumped from 35k a week to 70k a week. :confused:

we know that someone like Harry could get 300k a week at Man Utd, City or Chelski. He knows this. However whilst he is banging in over 20 goals a season at Spurs surely we can pay him the best salary possible, even if its lets say 150k a week. He is one of the top strikers in world football. He will feel appreciated even if he knows he can get more elsewhere.

the players know the financial restrictions at Spurs, but there is a feeling that the club is running things a little too strictly on the salary side. Our best players are going to leave one day, most of us know this, but the club can make a bit more effort to reward the players which will go towards keeping them just a little longer

I'm sure that they'd be delighted to earn more in the short term but it would do nothing to stop their heads being turned if a club showed interest that could pay them significantly more. I doubt that it would keep our best players here any longer than they are now.

I think where a higher ceiling could help us in recruitment. It would make it easier for us to compete with Arsenal and Liverpool for new signings.

I'm sure that they'd be delighted to earn more in the short term but it would do nothing to stop their heads being turned if a club showed interest that could pay them significantly more. I doubt that it would keep our best players here any longer than they are now.

I think where a higher ceiling could help us in recruitment. It would make it easier for us to compete with Arsenal and Liverpool for new signings.
Worth remembering the London factor. That may give us a modicom of extra traction compared with the northern clubs.

Also nothing ever stays the same. We are hopefully still on the up whilst others, despite their overwhelming financial muscle, are struggling to maintain their status. Any trophies we can win from here on - especially the PL - are trophies our rivals will miss out on. So trophies plus a shiny new stadium, higher wages and the London factor will all help blur the distinction between ourselves and the Sky Four plus One.

Worth remembering the London factor. That may give us a modicom of extra traction compared with the northern clubs.

Also nothing ever stays the same. We are hopefully still on the up whilst others, despite their overwhelming financial muscle, are struggling to maintain their status. Any trophies we can win from here on - especially the PL - are trophies our rivals will miss out on. So trophies plus a shiny new stadium, higher wages and the London factor will all help blur the distinction between ourselves and the Sky Four plus One.

Absolutely but to seriously compete we need to be Champions League regulars for a decade and build our international fan base.

The club is absolutely heading in the right direction and the stadium is part of this. I am just warning against people who think that it is a magic bullet and we'll be able to compete on a level footing with the doped clubs once it's built.

Absolutely but to seriously compete we need to be Champions League regulars for a decade and build our international fan base.

The club is absolutely heading in the right direction and the stadium is part of this. I am just warning against people who think that it is a magic bullet and we'll be able to compete on a level footing with the doped clubs once it's built.
Agree 100%

Yes - Daniel Levy has ultimate control and he should have taken control of the situation and sat Poch and Walker down and got them to sort it out.

I love Poch but at times he is showing himself to be too ruthless and inflexible. When a world class player plays up you can't apply the same methodology as a benteleb or townsend.

This should have been sorted out as it's massively to our detriment that we don't have Walker in our team and squad. To make matters worse he went to city!

He had four years left on his contract so to me there is no excuse.

And I don't buy this brewing nonesense otherwise they wouldn't have all signed contracts on improved terms very recently. The players in the squad who signed recent contracts have got no basis to complain. Players who have relatively poor terms on a deal signed 3 years ago is understandable but hardly any of our players are in that boat.

Everyone tho now looks at how Walker got his move and will simply do the same.

I stand by my view that selling Walker to city was a huge error and I remain furious about it.

Probably not the right thread, but he is a defender...cheeky question for you Ajax about Sanchez. Looks superb to me from what little I've seen (and it isn't much) does he shape up? What are your views?

Agreed. We will be able to raise overall basic wages for sure, but as you said, 300k a week not so much.

DO people actually understand the financial implications attached to the double your wages culture? You are talking about taking a 100m a year wage structure and making it upwards to 200m before you have even looked at a transfer fee

What makes me laugh is people think we are the aliens in the market jesus, its Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and United who are the freaks in this sideshow not us

Yes , I'll admit I have to go along with that...these billionaire clubs are buying there success not winning it on a
Fair playing field...and what kind of wages will be paid in 5 years from now?

Yes , I'll admit I have to go along with that...these billionaire clubs are buying there success not winning it on a
Fair playing field...and what kind of wages will be paid in 5 years from now?

I don't think the wages will increase as rapidly as in the last few years!
The top top clubs will always pay top dollar, but I'm not sure Spurs will go up markedly.

I don't think the wages will increase as rapidly as in the last few years!
The top top clubs will always pay top dollar, but I'm not sure Spurs will go up markedly.
I think we will continue with wage turnover of 50% so as turnover goes up so will wages.

It also looks like turnover will continue to increase rapidly.

You do raise an interesting point really, because even with the new stadium, we won't match the wages of the clubs who are able to persuade our players to leave us for them eg Real Madrid. So if all we can hope for is a small advantage or parity with Liverpool and Arsenal, teams we are better than anyway, then what is the point in getting into hundreds of millions of pounds worth of debt and knocking our old stadium down? Seems a lot of aggro for not a lot of gain, other than a bit more capacity (which could have been done with the old stadium if capacity for the average fan was the only consideration).

If this additional revenue was available last summer (the new stadium should add around £50m per year to the coffers from what I've read) then we could've afforded to match whatever salary package Liverpool offered Mane (reputedly £130K) and with him in the squad (instead of Sissoko) perhaps we might've just pipped the Chavs to the title.

Last edited:
The ironic thing here is the players, well Rose (maybe others), think there is too much of a ceiling on wages when the one person who should be all over a 'rise' is the manager. (although he is probably 'calm' about it:))

What is Poch paid? i would imagine Levy would go to any length to keep him.

Just looked this up.......Poch at least should be on a par with Koeman Klopp and Conte.

£3M rise £60,000 a week - id sanction it (tomorrow)....way before any player.?

EDIT: Looks like he has had a bump to £5.5M a year recently

Arsene Wenger France Arsenal £8.3 million
Antonio Conte Italy Chelsea £6.5 million
Jose Mourinho Portugal Manchester United £15 million
Jurgen Klopp Germany Liverpool FC £7 million
Pep Guardiola Spain Emirates Marketing Project £15 million
Mauricio Pochettino Argentina Tottenham Hotspur £3.5 million
Slaven Bilic Croatia West Ham United £3 million
Ronald Koeman Netherlands Southampton £2 million
Rafael Benitez Spain Saudi Sportswashing Machine £4.5 million
Sam Allardyce England Sunderland £3 million
Claudio Ranieri Italy Leicester city £1.5 million
Tony Pulis Wales West Bromwich Albion £2 million
Ronald Koeman Netherlands Everton £6 million
Remi Garde France Aston Villa £1.2 million
Eddie Howe England AFC Bournemouth £750K
Walter Mazzarri Italy Watford £1.25 million
Aitor Karanka Spain Middlesbrough £355K
Sean Dyche England Burnley £420,000
Mark Hughes Wales Stoke city £900K
Steve Bruce England Hull city £1 million
Francesco Guidolin Italy Swansea city £1 million
Alan Pardew England Crystal Palace £1.5 million
Alex Neil Scotland Norwich City £700K

The ironic thing here is the players, well Rose (maybe others), think there is too much of a ceiling on wages when the one person who should be all over a 'rise' is the manager. (although he is probably 'calm' about it:))

What is Poch paid? i would imagine Levy would go to any length to keep him.
Great point, how many of the players have put their form down to poch and his methods, quite a few. Hey none gave offered him a cut or spoke up for him.

I think we will continue with wage turnover of 50% so as turnover goes up so will wages.

It also looks like turnover will continue to increase rapidly.

Turnover of Spurs could well increase slightly of the next few seasons, not sure you will see the continued massive increases in turnover of the Premier League.

Back