• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Could get in to a long and drawn out debate about it but rather than do that, it's just a massive shame if Spurs fans think it's a good thing that our players dive. A real shame.

Doesn't bother me when fans defend their own for diving. I just find it hypocritical when they their toys out the pram when teams do the same against us. And no I'm not going to name names.

It's simple really - refs should be good enough to spot diving, if a player dives against us im p*ssed off the ref hasn't done his job properly. When a player dives for us im glad the ref missed it

Indeed, and I feel a tad dirty myself, but I could say I feel a tad dirty following the modern game TBH in comparison to the game I fell in love with. My final straw was Bale's final season when we got not ONE penalty and the universe was onto him for diving, meanwhile half the f ucking Prem was behaving like Greg Louganis and getting away with it. That cost us CL that year as much as anything else did...

Well said.

It's simple really - refs should be good enough to spot diving, if a player dives against us im p*ssed off the ref hasn't done his job properly. When a player dives for us im glad the ref missed it

I reckon the amount of diving will subside when refs become better at spotting defensive fouls, such as the crafty nudge, the pulled shirt, the hand on the shoulder, the ankle tap and the gob down the back of the shirt.

For instance, if defenders did not routinely try to pull back fleeing attackers by grabbing their shoulder and, furthermore, did not regard this as perfectly acceptable, then players like Joe Allen probably would be less inclined to collapse like an Argentinian currency when a defender grabs his arm in the penalty box.

I am, however, a hopeless idealist.

So 4 games in, what do people think? I still need some convincing that he's good enough for a top 6 side.

We've finished top 6 with the likes of Stalteri, YPL and Benny at full-back. I think Rose is quite easily as good as any of those players.

He's not Maldini, but he's not Justin Edinburgh either. He's doing well, but he's one of those players who some of our fans will hold to a different standard, so it's either a 10 out of 10 performance or he should be sold (Adebayor also falls into this category).

We've finished top 6 with the likes of Stalteri, YPL and Benny at full-back. I think Rose is quite easily as good as any of those players.

He's not Maldini, but he's not Justin Edinburgh either. He's doing well, but he's one of those players who some of our fans will hold to a different standard, so it's either a 10 out of 10 performance or he should be sold (Adebayor also falls into this category).

It's not just his ability, it's his attitude and lack of effort, particulary when he loses the ball upfield and casually jogs back that really gets my goat. I can deal with a player not being the most talented if he makes up for that somewhat with effort.

Adebayor is a another debate entirely.

Last edited:
It's not just his ability, it's his attitude and lack of effort, particulary when he loses the ball upfield and casually jogs back that really gets my goat. I can deal with a player not being the most talented if he makes up for that somewhat with effort.

Adebayor is not debate entirely.

I don't think a lack of effort applies to either Rose or Adebayor, they both put a shift in.

To go back to Rose, imo he's good enough for us. He wouldn't get into Arsenal/City/Chelsea/Utd sides, but neither would Eriksen, Lamela or Chadli.

Again, Rose is one of those players who some of our fans are going to hold to a different standard, coz plenty of people have already made their minds up on him and unless he plays perfectly in every game, those people will slaughter him.

I don't think a lack of effort applies to either Rose or Adebayor, they both put a shift in.

To go back to Rose, imo he's good enough for us. He wouldn't get into Arsenal/City/Chelsea/Utd sides, but neither would Eriksen, Lamela or Chadli.

Again, Rose is one of those players who some of our fans are going to hold to a different standard, coz plenty of people have already made their minds up on him and unless he plays perfectly in every game, those people will slaughter him.

Hmm, Eriksen would be very close to getting in the above sides, more so than Rose would IMO. I think I would rather have Eriksen than Ozil or Wheelchair as this moment in time.

Hmm, Eriksen would be very close to getting in the above sides, more so than Rose would IMO. I think I would rather have Eriksen than Ozil or Wheelchair as this moment in time.

Compare the left-side drifter/number 10 for the top sides, you've got Hazard, Silva, Mata, Ozil and Sterling. IMO, Eriksen would not be swapped for any of those players by non-Spurs fans. But he's still a quality player for us, so it doesn't really matter.

But this illustrates my point, nobody is asking this kind of question for Eriksen or Lamela, even though they probably wouldn't get a game for the top sides. Yet for Rose, the standard is different, and because he isn't (yet) as good as someone like Baines, he shouldn't be playing for us. I think that's nonsense.

Compare the left-side drifter/number 10 for the top sides, you've got Hazard, Silva, Mata, Ozil and Sterling. IMO, Eriksen would not be swapped for any of those players by non-Spurs fans. But he's still a quality player for us, so it doesn't really matter.

But this illustrates my point, nobody is asking this kind of question for Eriksen or Lamela, even though they probably wouldn't get a game for the top sides. Yet for Rose, the standard is different, and because he isn't (yet) as good as someone like Baines, he shouldn't be playing for us. I think that's nonsense.

I don't think that's the case. I just think a lot fans believe Rose isn't good enough. Are they harsh on him? Probably, but people call for Eriksen to be benched after 1 bad game. The difference is, I'm not entirely sure we sign better players realistically in Lamela's or Eriksen's position given their age and ability and where we are in the food chain, I don't think the same could be said for Rose.

Back