• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

You like a defender who can't defend, doesn't understand overlapping, hits useless crosses and covers his errors with good pace and stamina. I don't like that defender.

ok it was against celtic and preseason but i thought rose looked good yesterday. the main difference i could see was that he was up there on the fringe of the final third to support play, and had plenty of options around him to play the ball short to. he was never isolated, and he wasn't just hell bent on rushing to the byline. and when he did get into the penalty box it was a throughball goal scoring opportunity (which led to the untimely block and penalty).

if this is poch's intent, then Rose could fit that role pretty well.

Rose has played well in every pre season game,not getting the credit he deserves for obvious reasons but he will be pushing Davies very close...

ok it was against celtic and preseason but i thought rose looked good yesterday. the main difference i could see was that he was up there on the fringe of the final third to support play, and had plenty of options around him to play the ball short to. he was never isolated, and he wasn't just hell bent on rushing to the byline. and when he did get into the penalty box it was a throughball goal scoring opportunity (which led to the untimely block and penalty).

if this is poch's intent, then Rose could fit that role pretty well.

For the first 5 minutes of the second half Rose looked flustered and ****ed up a few simple things, then he got it going and had a fair bit of joy down the wing, but the whole team were cruising as Celtic just sat in their own half, they didn't get into our half at all!

I get the sneaky feeling that Danny Rose is going to ram those rotten vegs right down your throat and those of all his very vocal critics...

CutestFood_com_5138265038_6f4936962f_z_large1.jpg

There's a few (well a majority), help yourselves to a slice! Maybe take a double portion!

He did well in the first part of last season under AVB, then got injured and then we became a bit of a joke team defensively by the time he came back. He did well at Sunderland before that, and he's doing well again now.

We've got two decent young left backs and should be happy about that, imo.

It's only one game (although he was also excellent at the Spammers) but today Danny reminded me of Ashley Cole in his prime. What was remarkably impressive was the timing of his tackles against an opponent in full flight.

Not aimed at your personally but sometimes I feel that many posters are NOT pleased when the butt of their criticisms plays well and makes them look like fools...

You'll find they don't post. Those that do are man enough and recognise the transformation. Rose didn't play well previously. Poch's setup seems to create space and opportunities for Full Backs. They are expect to get forward at every attack, and our movement creates space for them, but race back and defend too. Hard work - Rose was tired out by 80 mins - but rewarding!

Nice to hear he had a good game. Deserves a career with us solely on the back of that debut strike against Arsenal! There's clearly a good player in there somewhere, the Sunderland fans were rhapsodising about him after his loan spell there, and it's easy to forget that he's still a young man. Moreover, with Davies' in as well, we've hopefully gone from LB being a problem position for us, to having two quality alternatives for the role. With the number of games we'll have this season, there ought to opportunity enough for them both to get a good number of games under their belt.

Nice to hear he had a good game. Deserves a career with us solely on the back of that debut strike against Arsenal! There's clearly a good player in there somewhere, the Sunderland fans were rhapsodising about him after his loan spell there, and it's easy to forget that he's still a young man. Moreover, with Davies' in as well, we've hopefully gone from LB being a problem position for us, to having two quality alternatives for the role. With the number of games we'll have this season, there ought to opportunity enough for them both to get a good number of games under their belt.

He gave away one marginal foul. It was the only tiny hint of 'rash Rose' that people grew to dislike. Otherwise he was exceptional. Defending everything he needed to. Plus getting forward well. Most of his passes were tight and he made the Ade goal (which was well finished by the big man).

There was a noticeable change in him. More head down and focused on his game, which I'd attributing to the new coaching team. Correcting the above, there were two marginal calls by the ref where we saw the tiniest glimpse of 'old Rose'. He should mature and go on to impress Spurs fans.

Not aimed at your personally but sometimes I feel that many posters are NOT pleased when the butt of their criticisms plays well and makes them look like fools...

I'm sure you're right with some. I don't rate Rose but can't deny he played well today. Ultimately I love THFC.

Back