• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

"Rose was asked about his form but instead chose to address the ongoing speculation over his future"

Rose could have just given bland footballer speak, but instead chose to speak out and raise more uncertainty/unsettling around the club. Create divisions between management and board. And talk brick as usual.

Once again, Rose is just needlessly stoking trouble and discontent.

but Rose does talk about his form in the interview and admits he has made some mistakes on the pitch

Rose always speaks his mind, I don't mind I prefer honesty from a player rather than the typical bland football speak. At least this way there is no confusion amongst the fans we know exactly what it happening with Rose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Southerners get intimidated by a bit of Yorkshire straight talking!

Its nothing to do with honesty or Yorkshire straight talking.

Its about adding to the negativity surrounding the club, needlessly so, for no apparent reason.

And its even more jarring because its hardly the first time, is it?

And what does he even achieve from his unprompted "straight talking"? Because its not doing the club any favours

He was arguably our best player in the CL final
His form has dropped
It’s dropped to the level of Toby and Jan
They get NO stick from anyone yet their happy to leave

I give them all stick, may they all burn in hell.

Your right about the champs league final though.

He is to temperamental and we need rid of him the Belgian lads, Eriksen and wanyama. I would take the hit and get rid of all often in January.

What has he said that’s wrong?

He doesn’t want to leave
Gets on with the coach
Happy to work for the team

I can't dance with any of that yet there is a sense in the interview that he is "digging his heels in" because there's no new contract, rather than be open to any external offers. His prerogative, of course, but there is a hint of "sod you" [Levy?] about it. (Of course being a written version of the interview, there's no spoken 'tone' so we are left with the interpretation the interviewer' wants to relay).
Having read it a couple more times, it does also sound like he is using the interview to voice his annoyance at false media stories about him wanting to leave and telling them now not to bother.

What it does raise for me is a question mark over whether Levy and Poch are aligned about not offering him a new agreement. And assuming they are (and from what we hear Poch wanted him moved on), why is Rose so unhappy with the board for wanting to move him on, but evidently perfectly happy with Poch.

I can't dance with any of that yet there is a sense in the interview that he is "digging his heels in" because there's no new contract, rather than be open to any external offers. His prerogative, of course, but there is a hint of "sod you" [Levy?] about it. (Of course being a written version of the interview, there's no spoken 'tone' so we are left with the interpretation the interviewer' wants to relay).
Having read it a couple more times, it does also sound like he is using the interview to voice his annoyance at false media stories about him wanting to leave and telling them now not to bother.

What it does raise for me is a question mark over whether Levy and Poch are aligned about not offering him a new agreement. And assuming they are (and from what we hear Poch wanted him moved on), why is Rose so unhappy with the board for wanting to move him on, but evidently perfectly happy with Poch.

agree
It’s all of that
* club won’t offer me a contract - fine I’ll stay then and leave when it’s up, Poch is playing me and I’m happy here
* no matter what happens you will report brick in the press - yep they do that all the time

He hasn’t bitched though
He has been clear. They haven’t offered me a contract, I’m happy to stay here and play

Maybe its your ever the optimist nature, but I dont see this as not bitching, or harmless.

I think its a needless dig, set to create division, for no good reason. I dont care if it happens to be true, its completely counter productive to our current situation and fundamentally unnecessary.

We are currently the club of choice for the gutter press to dig into
It was United a month ago
And arsenal before that (and still)
You know when it’s the case as Talkbrick have us in headlines for calls

Rose was doing an England interview and they start talking about club football.. that’s a leading thing for an interview and arguably wrong.
What you don’t get here are the actual questions they asked him. You never do unless it’s a video... it’s actually quite poor reporting as the my then used a stirred up headline for click bait

what could easily have been said was “despite not being offered a new contract, Danny Rose is loyal to his under fire manager and wants to remain at the club”... that’s a positive message but wouldn’t get the same amount of advertising revenue

Back