• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Sounds like there is brick going down behind the scenes.

Rose didn't exactly look happy walking back into training.

I wouldnt be surprised if he is gone without a replacement.

Sounds like there is brick going down behind the scenes.

Rose didn't exactly look happy walking back into training.

I wouldnt be surprised if he is gone without a replacement.

If any of this is true, I do feel sorry for the guy. He clearly had a lot of stuff going on in his head, but he really screwed himself. Gave that Sun interview when he was being linked with United and City, and now he'll be lucky if he gets to Schalke. There is a lot to be said for sticking with what you know, where you are trusted, where you are loved. Ambition is great, but the cards were never in his favor for the move he thought he was going to get. It's quite sad to have seen someone so blatantly shoot themselves in the foot the way he did.

Yep but KWP played left back for England youth and has been playing there for us pre season too

He's played both LB and RB in pre-season. Georgiou has also played there in pre-season. I hope that we do not bring in a player who restricts chances for the younger players. We have some good prospects who can play that position and they deserve a chance.

He's played both LB and RB in pre-season. Georgiou has also played there in pre-season. I hope that we do not bring in a player who restricts chances for the younger players. We have some good prospects who can play that position and they deserve a chance.

I wholly agree.
But I also remember Poch's comment about young players having to be an 8/10 now because of the level at which we are competing, whereas previously a 6/10 or 7/10 would have got them a chance. Or something like that. Which may make it a bit more difficult.

If any of this is true, I do feel sorry for the guy. He clearly had a lot of stuff going on in his head, but he really screwed himself. Gave that Sun interview when he was being linked with United and City, and now he'll be lucky if he gets to Schalke. There is a lot to be said for sticking with what you know, where you are trusted, where you are loved. Ambition is great, but the cards were never in his favor for the move he thought he was going to get. It's quite sad to have seen someone so blatantly shoot themselves in the foot the way he did.
Sad as it might be, hopefully it will serve as a warning to any other players who might have considered similar actions.

I wholly agree.
But I also remember Poch's comment about young players having to be an 8/10 now because of the level at which we are competing, whereas previously a 6/10 or 7/10 would have got them a chance. Or something like that. Which may make it a bit more difficult.

We brought in a RB last summer who definitely didn't put in any 8/10 performances.

I'm not against Aurier and expect more out of him this season but I doubt that he offered much more than KWP would have done last season and we need to have a route for the best academy players to get into the first team.

I'm not against Aurier and expect more out of him this season but I doubt that he offered much more than KWP would have done last season and we need to have a route for the best academy players to get into the first team.
I'm against him for that very reason (not personally). Maybe Poch didn't have complete faith in Trippier though.

Isn't Connor Ogilvie a LB too? He's too old for the academy now at 22
Yes but at 22 he's yet to make his 1st team debut and did not make the pre-season US squad.

But seems to have impressed in loan spells at Stevenage and last season at Gillingham (where he also appeared at CB) so a permanent move to a lower league club seems more likely.

Back