• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Only knowing what we glean from our not so wonderful media, I’d take a beat and cut Danny some slack.
The last I want see is places like this rushing to judgement and adding pressure.

What is interesting to me (and this after we exchanged PMs on the subject) is that you see it as “rushing to judgement”. It is an opinion. Again, I hope I am wrong, but do you at least recognize there is a pattern here?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can hear Scara's butler warming up the internet.
nick_nack_island.jpg

Yes, I'm concerned about Danny. He needs to realise he is young, very rich, famous and fit. Happy days. Chill out. He is in the top 0.000001% of humans on the planet, living the dream.

It's like when 'someone' moans the washing machine won't open its door, or that some kid at school is being a meanie beanie pants. Chill out, smash it in the face, move on.

Seems to me that he will not return to Spurs a happy and productive footballer. Maybe he should spend some time with Tony Adams.

Yes, I'm concerned about Danny. He needs to realise he is young, very rich, famous and fit. Happy days. Chill out. He is in the top 0.000001% of humans on the planet, living the dream.

It's like when 'someone' moans the washing machine won't open its door, or that some kid at school is being a meanie beanie pants. Chill out, smash it in the face, move on.

Seems to me that he will not return to Spurs a happy and productive footballer. Maybe he should spend some time with Tony Adams.

Mate I am sorry but your ignorance is astounding here.. Mental illness isn't something you just switch off by chilling out or by smashing it in the face.

A reminder of your financial circumstances certainly isn't a viable medical treatment either. Quite the opposite actually.

It really doesn't discriminate and I think you're doing both Danny and the illness a real disservice. Your attitude is the problem we face as a society when it comes to dealing with the stigma attached.

You don't just 'man up' and get over it, that's how you end up at the end of a noose.

The sad thing is if his depression is what I believe it is, he only sees half empty glasses, pressure and anxiety.

His description of the family day was actually very, very sad indeed. I agree with I’M Calling flimflam; he probably should not have gone to the tournament.

If he has depression we, as in the wider community, should support him.
Anyone suffering from mental illness is due that.
Where I start to have a problem with this is his general attitude, life sucks, everybody, every family and every job has its issues. Danny is in a very privileged position with access to more and better help than the vast majority of people, listening to him bleat on about how unfair life is, if there is issues in your life mate that you can't deal with seek help, don't go to the press. There's no help there.

The sad thing is if his depression is what I believe it is, he only sees half empty glasses, pressure and anxiety.

.Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Bang on mate that is what the darkness is really about and i would not wish it on anybody ( even my worst enemy). However having been there myself i find it hard to believe that banging on to the press about it is what happens to sufferers , as i say i have been there and met a lot of others who have ( during treatment) and the last thing we would/want to do is make headlines to the public about it.

Where I start to have a problem with this is his general attitude, life sucks, everybody, every family and every job has its issues. Danny is in a very privileged position with access to more and better help than the vast majority of people, listening to him bleat on about how unfair life is, if there is issues in your life mate that you can't deal with seek help, don't go to the press. There's no help there.

Very good post.

Bang on mate that is what the darkness is really about and i would not wish it on anybody ( even my worst enemy). However having been there myself i find it hard to believe that banging on to the press about it is what happens to sufferers , as i say i have been there and met a lot of others who have ( during treatment) and the last thing we would/want to do is make headlines to the public about it.

Considering he's only recently - for the first time and after quite some thought - mentioned it to the press, and then has said how much support and encouragement he received as a direct result of his words, it may be that he has actually taken the right course of action.

Your use of 'banging on to the press' does (to me, at least) carry the implication of someone who keeps going on and on about an issue. I don't think Rose yet qualifies for that. If you didn't meant that, I apologise.

Considering he's only recently - for the first time and after quite some thought - mentioned it to the press, and then has said how much support and encouragement he received as a direct result of his words, it may be that he has actually taken the right course of action.

Your use of 'banging on to the press' does (to me, at least) carry the implication of someone who keeps going on and on about an issue. I don't think Rose yet qualifies for that. If you didn't meant that, I apologise.

Two interviews in what three weeks? well as i say it seems unlikely that those who are really bad would do that. The thing about the darkness is that those who suffer ( and as i have said i have history of that) is the lack of self worth that flows over you and i never wanted to go out the door let alone open myself up to the media, now maybe Rose is a one off and his depression is not at the stage where he feels he can not cope but i have never come across that before.

As i have said from my experiance and those like me who had the bottle ( and believe me that is what it takes) to go along and get help the last thing i/we wanted/needed to do was open up to the media. I am not saying for one minute he has not got problems ( lets be honest life is not a vase of roses most of the time) but i find it unusual ( to say the least) that some would want to open up to the press ( twice in three weeks?) like he has.

As for my words " banging on" its just a phrase and i meant no insult by it so you have no need to apologise at all.:)

Is the life of a footballer any different or more pressured than in any other pressured job? It seems as if Rose is suggesting that is the case - something I would take issue with.

Is his job more difficult than that of someone in the military with actual lives at stake? Or a politician with an entire country at stake? What about company directors with hundreds of people's livelihoods depending on their performance or someone on minimum wage constantly worrying about affording new school trousers if their kid rips a pair?

He needs to realise that his problems are not those of football, or of the club. His problems are his. The club has and will (I'm sure) help him with those problems and there are plenty of professionals who can help too. He really needs to stop hinting that it's football's fault.

Two interviews in what three weeks? well as i say it seems unlikely that those who are really bad would do that. The thing about the darkness is that those who suffer ( and as i have said i have history of that) is the lack of self worth that flows over you and i never wanted to go out the door let alone open myself up to the media, now maybe Rose is a one off and his depression is not at the stage where he feels he can not cope but i have never come across that before.

As i have said from my experiance and those like me who had the bottle ( and believe me that is what it takes) to go along and get help the last thing i/we wanted/needed to do was open up to the media. I am not saying for one minute he has not got problems ( lets be honest life is not a vase of roses most of the time) but i find it unusual ( to say the least) that some would want to open up to the press ( twice in three weeks?) like he has.

As for my words " banging on" its just a phrase and i meant no insult by it so you have no need to apologise at all.:)

My read on it has been that he's got through a tough period and is better than he was. My own experience - personal and professional - has been that once someone has passed through the blackest days, they are then more open to telling people what was holding them back. In part almost wanting to apologise/justify the way they had been as they can look back with a slightly different perspective than when they were in the midst of the storm.

His current setting is so different from the daily routine at Spurs. He's cocooned with friends and another supportive manager who has specifically taken time out to chat things through with him. When that's coupled with the extra media demands/focus on the entire group and the apparent openness being fostered by Southgate, I think that may go some way towards explaining why he feels a bit more comfortable raising things in public.

If it is football's fault why does he not do a Bentley and walk away.

Anyone who has read random side of site would know I would never take tinkle out of mental health. But I am not sure with Rose, he comes across as a spoilt brat with a chip on his shoulder.

The worse thing about mental health getting more attention is that attention seeking tacos will pretend to have it for attention.

My read on it has been that he's got through a tough period and is better than he was. My own experience - personal and professional - has been that once someone has passed through the blackest days, they are then more open to telling people what was holding them back. In part almost wanting to apologise/justify the way they had been as they can look back with a slightly different perspective than when they were in the midst of the storm.

His current setting is so different from the daily routine at Spurs. He's cocooned with friends and another supportive manager who has specifically taken time out to chat things through with him. When that's coupled with the extra media demands/focus on the entire group and the apparent openness being fostered by Southgate, I think that may go some way towards explaining why he feels a bit more comfortable raising things in public.

There are a couple of worrying elements to what he just said. The family stuff was particularly worrying to my eye. I think he is in the middle of something major. Depression affects everyone slightly differently.

If Rose does have mental health problems, I reckon that he will get a lot of support from Poch and Southgate. They both come across as decent guys, as well as being fairly young and forward thinking. I'm sure he'll be alright, hopefully he will get back to form on the pitch (it seemed like he was at the end of the season) and then he can do the business for us, or be sold for a hefty fee that we can re-invest. I'm sure he will get whatever help he needs.

Mate I am sorry but your ignorance is astounding here.. Mental illness isn't something you just switch off by chilling out or by smashing it in the face.

A reminder of your financial circumstances certainly isn't a viable medical treatment either. Quite the opposite actually.

It really doesn't discriminate and I think you're doing both Danny and the illness a real disservice. Your attitude is the problem we face as a society when it comes to dealing with the stigma attached.

You don't just 'man up' and get over it, that's how you end up at the end of a noose.
Yeah sorry, I was pretty drunk last night, reading back on it. A fair cop.

If Rose does have mental health problems, I reckon that he will get a lot of support from Poch and Southgate. They both come across as decent guys, as well as being fairly young and forward thinking. I'm sure he'll be alright, hopefully he will get back to form on the pitch (it seemed like he was at the end of the season) and then he can do the business for us, or be sold for a hefty fee that we can re-invest. I'm sure he will get whatever help he needs.

But I think one issue is that he has had issues and doubtless had plenty of support already. I hope you are right on all counts mate...

Back