• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Good point, Danny Rose is 27 years of age and over the last four seasons he has missed 60 prem games ( mostly because of injury). If he thinks we are not good enough for him any more then he should stop mouthing off the press and put in a transfer request.

That is all well and good but how will get out the best out of the likes of Dele, Dier and Eriksen when they know all they have to do is rock the boat and they get a move they want? If you sell Walker and Rose and not replace them with players who are as good we will only make other key players disillusioned.

fudge it. Sell him for £40m, use that money and the Walker money and get Bale back.

Firstly why sell him for just £40m in this market? And secondly in which reality do you think Bale would want to come back to Spurs, a team that sells key players and does not pay competitive wages?

That is all well and good but how will get out the best out of the likes of Dele, Dier and Eriksen when they know all they have to do is rock the boat and they get a move they want? If you sell Walker and Rose and not replace them with players who are as good we will only make other key players disillusioned.

If Walker was acting like a clam by expecting to start every game, the players might be pleased to see the back of him.

DO people actually understand the financial implications attached to the double your wages culture? You are talking about taking a 100m a year wage structure and making it upwards to 200m before you have even looked at a transfer fee

What makes me laugh is people think we are the aliens in the market jesus, its Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea and United who are the freaks in this sideshow not us

This is probably the best post in this thread, so many folks have got no idea how to run a business ( and if we like it or not that is what football has become) and if they were in charge this club would be bankrupt before they finish. We are where we are and the progress we have made since they came here is because of the way that Levy/Lewis have run our club.

Now we have fans ( some who were probably not around during the real dark days) say we are showing no ambition and we need to up our game. They need to take a reality check, we are not finacially doped and never will be and if that is what some fans think we should be then they would probably be better off watching the likes of Chelski and City.

Let's go through our top performers and see what extra it would cost. I'll use the wages from earlier in the thread, obviously we do not know how far out they are.

.................................... Current.....Market rate - Cost p.a.
Jan Vertonghen 29 .....£100,000 - £150k - £2.6m
Kyle Walker 26 ............£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Toby Alderweireld 27 ..£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Danny Rose 26 ............£30,000 - £150k - £6.2m
Eric Dier 22 ..................£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Dele Alli 20 ..................£50,000 - £200k - £7.8m
Victor Wanyama 25 .....£70,000 - £100k - £1.6m
Christian Eriksen 24 ....£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Harry Kane 23 ..............£100,000 - £250k - £7.8m

That's £42m a season and that is before we consider the employer's tax contributions or what the next level of players and what new signings would expect. And the rich clubs could still afford to go higher to destabilise us.

That's a good post and it does underline the difficulty of our situation. But surely that's what we have to be working towards as a club with the new stadium, bigger sponsorship deals via a higher profile (via, hopefully, winning a big competition in the meantime)? If that's not the overall goal then what would be the point of knocking down The Lane and all that goes with it?

Well if he is to be sold, and I can't really see a way back into Poch's good graces after that nonsense, let's milk it for all it's worth. With the rediculous money being thrown around now we can surely sting a club (not Chelsea - fudge them) for a new world record fee for a defender.

This is probably the best post in this thread, so many folks have got no idea how to run a business ( and if we like it or not that is what football has become) and if they were in charge this club would be bankrupt before they finish. We are where we are and the progress we have made since they came here is because of the way that Levy/Lewis have run our club.

Now we have fans ( some who were probably not around during the real dark days) say we are showing no ambition and we need to up our game. They need to take a reality check, we are not finacially doped and never will be and if that is what some fans think we should be then they would probably be better off watching the likes of Chelski and City.

DO you mean the bad days of the mid 1990s with Vega and co? I remember them well. I also know that last season I saw the best Spurs team I have seen in my lifetime and I would rather we not break it up just yet, particularly if we are not going to replace the players we sell with better players

He's taken the cashley route, jeeezus... i can understand what he is after, but does everyone have to blurt it out in the papers, the sun being one of the toilet variety !

Classless, such a shame. If he isn't happy, then he should deft ask for a move at end of last season - but i guess he wanted to see what kind of a window we would have.

What i am saying is that IF Rose wants to move on to a club ( which actually wins things, and double his wages) then he should do it the right way. ie put in a transfer request and not by mouthing of to the press.

I have worked for most of my like coaching young players in academys and i know that most of them are not what you call intelligent, but doing this the way he has shows he lacks even the basic amount of brains. He has alienated most of the fans and probably some if not all his team mates and also Poch will be fuming.

DO you mean the bad days of the mid 1990s with Vega and co? I remember them well. I also know that last season I saw the best Spurs team I have seen in my lifetime and I would rather we not break it up just yet, particularly if we are not going to replace the players we sell with better players

I do not disagree with most of that, but do you want us to spend cash we have not got ( not saying you do) and run the risk of spoiling all the good work that has been put in to take us where we are now.

I'm also not convinced that it is actually desirable that you hold onto all of your players. Teams need refreshing, players need new challenges, young players need to see a route to the first team and we will want to sell players before their form and value drop.

Don't worry our team will be majorly refreshed every summer with big players leaving and new cheaper ones in their place

I just hope our scouts can find some gems and the academy can produce a few more Harry Kanes

It's pointless trying to argue Rose's points, as just like VVD's earlier this week they are carefully calculated by his management team to gain sympathy with a fan base and put pressure on his club. In a way it's clever, but we as fans should not be so blind as to by into it. The point should be reiterated, the thing we have that allows us to compete is cohesion and team spirit. Buying into the Rose argument just leads us down a path to which we can never compete.

I really want to say, Danny - you must realise that you were a young player that most had to Google. You were a young player that we had to coach and improve. So was Dele Alli. So was Dier. So is Kane. But he knows this full well. It's not about the arguments, it doesn't matter. He probably doesn't believe them himself. It's calculated to get his move, to split the fan base and pressure Levy. It's working. Don't let it guys.

But what happens when Dele and Dier both decide they are not being paid enough?

If it is within our pay scale and their performances warrant it, we pay them more. If that is not enough, we hold onto them for as long as we can and then sell them for as much as we can.

Back