• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Let's go through our top performers and see what extra it would cost. I'll use the wages from earlier in the thread, obviously we do not know how far out they are.

.................................... Current.....Market rate - Cost p.a.
Jan Vertonghen 29 .....£100,000 - £150k - £2.6m
Kyle Walker 26 ............£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Toby Alderweireld 27 ..£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Danny Rose 26 ............£30,000 - £150k - £6.2m
Eric Dier 22 ..................£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Dele Alli 20 ..................£50,000 - £200k - £7.8m
Victor Wanyama 25 .....£70,000 - £100k - £1.6m
Christian Eriksen 24 ....£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Harry Kane 23 ..............£100,000 - £250k - £7.8m

That's £42m a season and that is before we consider the employer's tax contributions or what the next level of players and what new signings would expect. And the rich clubs could still afford to go higher to destabilise us.

Good post Milo. Fans need to see this in black and white. We chose a route to go down. To build a club where by paying these salaries are sustainable. Long term vision has been tempered by unexpected short term success and the chance of a lifetime where a team has come together (for peanuts) capable of winning the league despite the millions spent by rivals.

It's a real ball ache for Levy and co.

Let's go through our top performers and see what extra it would cost. I'll use the wages from earlier in the thread, obviously we do not know how far out they are.

.................................... Current.....Market rate - Cost p.a.
Jan Vertonghen 29 .....£100,000 - £150k - £2.6m
Kyle Walker 26 ............£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Toby Alderweireld 27 ..£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Danny Rose 26 ............£30,000 - £150k - £6.2m
Eric Dier 22 ..................£70,000 - £150k - £4.2m
Dele Alli 20 ..................£50,000 - £200k - £7.8m
Victor Wanyama 25 .....£70,000 - £100k - £1.6m
Christian Eriksen 24 ....£75,000 - £150k - £3.9m
Harry Kane 23 ..............£100,000 - £250k - £7.8m

That's £42m a season and that is before we consider the employer's tax contributions or what the next level of players and what new signings would expect. And the rich clubs could still afford to go higher to destabilise us.

I dont see us getting to those levels though, at least not in the short-med term. Take the likes of Dier, Rose etc to £100k, Dele to £125k and Kane to £150k and we'd be competitive against Arse and Liverpool (our true peers). I donk think we should ever benchmark our salaries against Man U, Man C and Cheatski

Rose 100% knew the clubs mindset when he signed the contract last year, we finished 2nd he got a contract that the club felt reflected his importance and he jumped at it and quoted "I want to stay to the end of my career". We finish 2nd again and one year into a 5 year deal he decides that a same finish and 3 months less contribution deserves more money.

Not only is that the mark of the lad but going to the papers to say it shows a total lack of respect and class

But with our pay scale what do you expect for us to be other than a stepping stone to greater financial rewards?

We've all probably done it at some point of our lives too...

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

Rose 100% knew the clubs mindset when he signed the contract last year, we finished 2nd he got a contract that the club felt reflected his importance and he jumped at it and quoted "I want to stay to the end of my career". We finish 2nd again and one year into a 5 year deal he decides that a same finish and 3 months less contribution deserves more money.

Not only is that the mark of the lad but going to the papers to say it shows a total lack of respect and class

The sympathy I have for him is that no-one would have realistically expected us to not sign anyone this window. Players have short careers and the top players generally want to win things. He could move to any club in the country so if we're not going to show any ambition by adding the depth to the squad that we need in order to compete properly, I can understand that he thinks he won't win anything at Spurs so why not leave? Now, clearly there's 3 weeks left in the window so we might sign the players needed to give some depth but from what we've seen so far, I dont think its a foregone conclusion that players will come in. Poch has said that they will, however he doesnt conduct negotiations. Its feasible that we end the window with Cheatski having snapped up Barkley and we've just signed a 3rd choice keeper. At that point, he should rightly be tinkled off, as would I and a lot of others

Last edited:
All sensible stuff but really not what you should be saying in the media before the start of the season (at all even)

Like I've said previously people have their heads in the clouds if they think signing minimal players promoting youth and expecting Dier to cover half the positions on the pitch is going to keep our stars happy - ambitious players won't want to slip down the league because of a lack of (perceived) investment.

I love this post!

But with our pay scale what do you expect for us to be other than a stepping stone to greater financial rewards?

We've all probably done it at some point of our lives too...

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Fapatalk

I'm bang in the middle of the same thing, without the interview in the sun obviously.

The sympathy I have for him is that no-one would have realistically expected us to not sign anyone this window. Players have short careers and the top players generally want to win things. He could move to any club in the country so if we're not going to show any ambition by adding the depth to the squad that we need in order to compete properly, I can understand that he thinks he won't win anything at Spurs so why not leave? Now, clearly there's 3 weeks left in the window so we might sign the players needed to give some depth but from what we've seen so far, I dont think its a foregone conclusion that players will come in. Poch has said that they will, however he doesnt conduct negotiations. Ifs feasible that we end the window with Cheatski having snapped up Barkley and we've just signed a 3rd choice keeper. At that point, he should rightly be tinkled off, as would I and a lot of others

I think there are alot of theories being bandied around to defend Rose but he signed a 5 year deal 11 months ago once the last transfer window was shut after a 2nd place finish and signing 3 players (one of which was a youth player). So the club has not made a dramatic U-Turn in its working for him to circumnavigate the club and go to the FuKCING SUN of all papers and have a pop.

Also lets all be clear her, we finished 2nd last season for the 2nd season in a row, not 6th so this whole not moving forward and progressing based on transfer policy is utter pie in the sky.

I think there are alot of theories being bandied around to defend Rose but he signed a 5 year deal 11 months ago once the last transfer window was shut after a 2nd place finish and signing 3 players (one of which was a youth player). So the club has not made a dramatic U-Turn in its working for him to circumnavigate the club and go to the FuKCING SUN of all papers and have a pop.

Also lets all be clear her, we finished 2nd last season for the 2nd season in a row, not 6th so this whole not moving forward and progressing based on transfer policy is utter pie in the sky.

Going to a paper I agree was the wrong way to act. However for us to move forward from teh two great recent seasons, we need to add players this summer and so far our actions dont suggest that that is happening

Good post Milo. Fans need to see this in black and white. We chose a route to go down. To build a club where by paying these salaries are sustainable. Long term vision has been tempered by unexpected short term success and the chance of a lifetime where a team has come together (for peanuts) capable of winning the league despite the millions spent by rivals.

It's a real ball ache for Levy and co.

Indeed. Just that £42m increase would bring our wages-to-turnover ratio up to over 70% which could put Tottenham in dire straits further down the line, should the TV revenue bubble burst...

C_SrLOSXkAAuXVt.jpg:small

MMmmm, I thought we came third the season before last?

Indeed. Just that £42m increase would bring our wages-to-turnover ratio up to over 70% which could put Tottenham in dire straits further down the line, should the TV revenue bubble burst...

I dont think we need to increase them to close to those levels suggested, but half those increases would take us to around 60%, even before turnover increases from the new stadium which would drop us back down

That doesn't account for the new TV deal which would see our revenue increase substantially (nor the new Nike deal) this season onward

I dont see us getting to those levels though, at least not in the short-med term. Take the likes of Dier, Rose etc to £100k, Dele to £125k and Kane to £150k and we'd be competitive against Arse and Liverpool (our true peers). I donk think we should ever benchmark our salaries against Man U, Man C and Cheatski

I don't see that helping us to hold onto players any easier than we are now then.

Back