• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I've been catching up on this thread. Levy certainly makes mistakes, particularly early on with the timing of his sackings and choices of manager. But the Enic plan was new training ground, new stadium and a competitive team and he has either delivered or is about to. The training ground is delivering, the stadium a year away and we have the youngest and most exciting team in the league, who most pundits say have been the best over the last two years. Best defence, most goals and best football.

Plus who else could end the finale at WHL with a rainbow.

I like what Levy is doing but let's not forget the below too..

When the current owners turned up in 2001, we were promised a new stadium. That is true and they are delivering but its taken almost TWO decades...
How much revenue and trophies have we missed out on ....

Also, we should remember Ryan Nelson and Louis Saha....

"On 25 May 2012, he was released by Tottenham with fellow January signing Louis Saha. He made eight appearances scoring two goals."

We missed out on the top 4 that season by a single point

When the current owners turned up in 2001, we were promised a new stadium. That is true and they are delivering but its taken almost TWO decades...

"On 25 May 2012, he was released by Tottenham with fellow January signing Louis Saha. He made eight appearances scoring two goals."

It would have been more without them. They were brought in to do a job, not take us to the next level.

At this point in time, quite frankly, I couldn't care less.
I am quite sure that, even yesterday during our time of commemoration and celebration, there were Spurs fans still grumbling and sniping in the most petulant and churlish way possible.
But it gladdens my heart that the public display yesterday shows them to be in the sad minority. Guttersnipes.

the look on his face when the camera panned to him after the fans invaded the pitch was priceless, but I wouldn't want anyone else controlling the purse strings, he's the best negotiator bar none.

Really?

- We missed out on so much revenue and trophies because the previous owners took a side that finished 3rd before buying them, did fudge all during the start of the EPL era (finishing outside top 10 for the majority of a decade (pre Cheat$ki/City cheating money). Levy took a side that typically finished outside the top 10 and has delivered now 4 CL spot finishes (one we never got due to Cheat$ki) despite competing against clubs that have literally spent billions more than us.
- Re the stadium, you must have missed the part about approval, archway steel, few other inconsequential items that need to be done prior.
- Re Nelson and Saha, who knows what happened behind doors with Levy & Harry, I don't know, so I can't defend it, neither can you beat him with a stick on it.

2nd, literally the best playing team in the country two years in a row, strong English base to the side, 18 months away from the biggest stadium in London, likely one of the landmark stadiums in Europe ...

Now isn't the time to complain ...

- Re Nelson and Saha, who knows what happened behind doors with Levy & Harry, I don't know, so I can't defend it, neither can you beat him with a stick on it.

Eh. That goes two ways, really - if you don't know what happened with Nelsen and Saha because it was behind closed doors, you really don't know what happened with most of the things we've done because we don't release the minutes of our daily operations. You can't attribute what went went well solely to Levy and assign whatever went wrong to his managers - and Nelsen and Saha were examples of things going horribly, woefully wrong.

I'd like to see it as him making truly terrible mistakes and being an incomparable tight*rse....but learning from those mistakes. Learning well, and ultimately refraining from making them again.

We could have had a better chairman and a better owner - we could have had many far worse chairmen, and unbelievably bad owners. Ultimately, Levy places reasonably high in the pantheon of football executives - up there at an eminently respectable level due to the passage of time and his steadily improved decision-making over the years.

I get @spitshine 's point - it's a bit exaggerated, but I get it. I also sympathize with @JerusalemMan 's point, though - it's a happy time for the club, and a time meant for fond remembrances and farewells. No need to be churlish and point out our past mistakes at a time like this.

No need to forget them, either, but ideally no one brings up pros or cons and just enjoys the moment that Danny boy has definitely helped deliver.

Imagine Levy backed by a conglomerate ... he would make everyone suffer, those that won't comply to Levys Laws would be ended.

I do not think its a go at Nelsen or Saha ( who both did well) it more some fans use them as a stick to have a moan about Levy.

Actually in my opinion not a pop at levy ... just us fans wanted us to push for a better transfer window when the title race was on.

Pure fantasy thinking that we could prize a player that could Win is the title waltzing into the team and premier league in jan.

Levys alright but I hope to see our net spend change once we are up and running. Not for the sake of spending.

Actually in my opinion not a pop at levy ... just us fans wanted us to push for a better transfer window when the title race was on.

Pure fantasy thinking that we could prize a player that could Win is the title waltzing into the team and premier league in jan.

Levys alright but I hope to see our net spend change once we are up and running. Not for the sake of spending.

Fans always ( or nearly always) want bigger, better players and no matter who we get there will always ( or nearly always) be room for " just one more player"; As for Levy not spending what fans want or expect there are good reasons for him not doing that as have been discussed many times ( one here, in the pubs and at games).

I am not saying you are one of the fans who want to spend, spend, spend but as we know there are many who have expressed that desire to do so in the past. Its always easy when its not there money being spent.

i really hate the flak Nelsen gets - he played well in every game he played

It isn't about Nelsen, it's -

a) about the players we could have had instead of him - Cahill, Samba et al.
b) about the decision-making behind his signing - was he signed because he was a decent CB, or because he was literally available on a free and we thought we could get away without spending money in January?

Nelsen can't exactly return to the club in a playing capacity, so bringing him up isn't really about him. It's more about the risk of 'doing a Nelsen' again - cheaping out and going for the freebie option at a time of a great opportunity, and then falling flat on our faces as the gamble fails spectacularly.

Back