• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

How about this game
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43762296
We were in good form
Had played the same amount of games around that time as United
But weirdly we made some odd call in keeping vorm in goal
And despite dominating.... we lost again
Fatigue would have made it harder for us to be so dominant wouldn’t it
That wasn’t a final. That was a semi. You want to go through every cup game that we’ve lost and won?

Could do
Every team plays them at the same time
The fatigue excuse is weak IMO
Especially when it doesn’t work both ways
Fatigue didn’t cost us vs Ajax away... but weirdly did in the league from January ...
I think we looked very fatigued against Ajax. We were second best in both games... we got the result as (for once) we got luckier than the opposition and we started to hit long balls up to Llorente and play off the knock downs. There is a reason why the big clubs have squads packed full of top players instead of just having a goof first 11.

I think we looked very fatigued against Ajax. We were second best in both games... we got the result as (for once) we got luckier than the opposition and we started to hit long balls up to Llorente and play off the knock downs. There is a reason why the big clubs have squads packed full of top players instead of just having a goof first 11.
We have a lot of goof players !

Who knows, maybe simeone is up for a new challenge? Would certainly be expensive.

He earns 30m a year at Atletico. Double what we paid Poch and Mourinho.

So, 30m to buy him out of the last year of his deal, and 30m a season for, what, four/five years? 150m.

I'd be delighted with that. Assuredly, Levy wouldn't. :p

You realise it was a joke? There's no chance we would get him.

I do, I'm well aware he's one of, if not the best paid manager in Europe

but I assure you, some people would just grab on to any name, especially one they can say is a winner, regardless of how little they know about that person's style

hahaha, obviously a lot of people here haven't seen a Simeone side play .. (hint, it's nothing like "getting back to our DNA")

Actually he has changed his system this year and has been very attacking, please back your thoughts with reality.

2nd most goals in La Liga and best defence.

Actually he has changed his system this year and has been very attacking, please back your thoughts with reality.

2nd most goals in La Liga and best defence.

Mate, I lived in Madid, I've seen a lot of them

- He tried to play more attacking earlier, then went back to his more normal route
- Did you see their CL run? not a lot of attacking going on there
- Your statistic is like saying Kane won golden boot, so Jose must have been playing attacking football
- Suarez made the difference in a season Madrid and Barca mostly brick the bed.

Mate, I lived in Madid, I've seen a lot of them

- He tried to play more attacking earlier, then went back to his more normal route
- Did you see their CL run? not a lot of attacking going on there
- Your statistic is like saying Kane won golden boot, so Jose must have been playing attacking football
- Suarez made the difference in a season Madrid and Barca mostly brick the bed.

So with the right players, he is not a one-trick pony and has the ability to play offensive football. Dont think he will fit in at Spurs regardless.

But fair points all around.

I see Liverpool again showing Spurs how to act. Need a CB, gone and bought Leipzig's Konta for £35m. No tinkling about, no protracted negotiation to the final day of the window.

Spot an issue, fix it. We're desperately short in that area, granted we don't have a manager thanks to Levy's wasted 2 year hard on for Jose, but aside from that, we just spend too much time fudging about instead of doing what needs to be done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Delightful to see the levels of Chippy Snippiness (TM) going up in this thread. I'd hate to see our new manager fail to undergo the most arduous, divisive, pish-taking scrutiny.

hahaha, obviously a lot of people here haven't seen a Simeone side play .. (hint, it's nothing like "getting back to our DNA")

Lol you believe Danny, that's the biggest joke ... that letter was a PR spin to calm the protests and deflect the super league.

He forgot the spurs dna due to covid hahha

I see Liverpool again showing Spurs how to act. Need a CB, gone and bought Leipzig's Konta for £35m. No tinkling about, no protracted negotiation to the final day of the window.

Spot an issue, fix it. We're desperately short in that area, granted we don't have a manager thanks to Levy's wasted 2 year hard on for Jose, but aside from that, we just spend too much time fudging about instead of doing what needs to be done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This is very probably the major reason when it comes to us not having got over the line.

Right now Levy might be the proverbial emperor who has no clothes
He will need to pull some rabbits from under his hat. Getting 2 or 3 really top class players, which is what we need, won't come cheap

Back