• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Big reach to think he was involved when he has never had an active interest in us. Barely goes to games even when he does come over to London. Would be far more plausible that whoever Levy leaves the day to day running of the club to when he is away would deal with it.

It does not stack up actually as Levy would even with the death of a parent still be on the end of the phone, the guy is a workaholic and I have known many of them.

Not being funny but would you rather watch a live game or watch on tv on a yacht in the bahamas?
Sorry spurs but it would be the bahamas all day for me.

Big reach to think he was involved when he has never had an active interest in us. Barely goes to games even when he does come over to London. Would be far more plausible that whoever Levy leaves the day to day running of the club to when he is away would deal with it.

It does not stack up actually as Levy would even with the death of a parent still be on the end of the phone, the guy is a workaholic and I have known many of them.

As for levy. Think it's a jewish thing that they have a week of mourning.
Redknapp demanded a new contract during that period and lewis sacked him.

Would Levy expect arry to know about a week of mourning.

So Jewish people don't work for a week after a death in the family?

Worked with one guy who buried his dad 3 times the lazy work shy cnut. He missed a trick not pretending to be Jewish.

Ideally a sporting director or DOF. I’m actually not that enamoured with the DOF methodology but if it’s preferable to have an actual football person picking the managers than Levy. He’s the chairman so he would pick the DOF.

It´s a business

- All candidates will likely be reviewed/interviewed by multiple people
- The DoF will report to Levy, so obviously Levy probably has final say on that
- The Manager decisions would always include Levy but the sway would be does the manager report to DoF or Levy?

It´s a business

- All candidates will likely be reviewed/interviewed by multiple people
- The DoF will report to Levy, so obviously Levy probably has final say on that
- The Manager decisions would always include Levy but the sway would be does the manager report to DoF or Levy?

Id go for the option that gives Levy the least amount of interaction on the football side as possible so he can focus on finding a sponsor for the stadium and other such business functions.

Would Levy expect arry to know about a week of mourning.

So Jewish people don't work for a week after a death in the family?

Worked with one guy who buried his dad 3 times the lazy work shy cnut. He missed a trick not pretending to be Jewish.

I have no idea. But we had offered harry a contract in feb to quell the england rumours which he turned down. The team then collapsed. Then levy's mum died so joe came in to look after things. Harry decided it was time to demand a new contract. Lewis decided it wasn't and sacked harry. Allegedly.

Not defending Redknapp for doing that. But if the roles were reversed and would people hold it against Levy? Some would I know.

Is he famous for micro managing?
I thought that was something he was famous for - one example is the stadium naming rights where the agencies he hired could find buyers at a lower price, and Levy chose to ignore their advice and aim for a higher figure .....but still no sign of anyone paying that price. Hopefully the American guy he has hired will have more luck/persuade him to settle for a more realistic figure.

Is he famous for micro managing?
I thought that was something he was famous for - one example is the stadium naming rights where the agencies he hired could find buyers at a lower price, and Levy chose to ignore their advice and aim for a higher figure .....but still no sign of anyone paying that price. Hopefully the American guy he has hired will have more luck/persuade him to settle for a more realistic figure.
That has probably cost us £45m so far.... Or put another way - the signing of Bruno Fernandes for Poch or Skriniar for Jose.

He doesn't have to as he is only accountable to ENIC.... and definitely not to the fans. Its surely not the fans based in london now more about global fans that support tv rights, merchandising and sponsorships.

That PR exercise in the villa match program? Just a PR idea to soothe the sponsors and the NFL partners.

Very true but what I was trying to say is how on Earth do you persuade the manager you really want to come here? How do you persuade selling clubs to sell at your price when you're evidently desperate and even when you do, how do you persuade the player to join?

We are back, in a rich mans way, to where we were in 2004, re-build from top to bottom needed. Added to that the feeling of the summers of 2001 (Carrick), 2006 (Carrick), 2008 (Berbatov and Keane), 2012 (Modric), 2013 (Bale), 2017 (Walker) and 2019 (Eriksen - albeit left the following January) with star player wanting to move onto better things.

Very true but what I was trying to say is how on Earth do you persuade the manager you really want to come here? How do you persuade selling clubs to sell at your price when you're evidently desperate and even when you do, how do you persuade the player to join?

We are back, in a rich mans way, to where we were in 2004, re-build from top to bottom needed. Added to that the feeling of the summers of 2001 (Carrick), 2006 (Carrick), 2008 (Berbatov and Keane), 2012 (Modric), 2013 (Bale), 2017 (Walker) and 2019 (Eriksen - albeit left the following January) with star player wanting to move onto better things.

Don't most teams have that though? Utd ronaldo and beckham. Pool, torres, suarez. Chelsea hazard? Part of football. Use the money to improve.

I'll pay you £15M/yr, any questions?

fudging hell, it's one of the top jobs in Europe, has visibility and pays well.

Said it a thousand time before, why is Ancelotti managing Everton, how about 11 million reasons a year, and we pay better and have a better squad.

Back