• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy no question has been good for the club but sometimes like this window I feel mistakes are made and previous windows.

We clearly don't know what goes on at board level but it's a shame we have been left short by leaving it late in the window

It would be a miracle if he did not make mistakes and I have not seen anyone say that he hasn't.

Please keep it civil Jurgen

Forgive my frustration, I do understand the point of view supporters take to back the club, but it does come across sometimes that some of the posters (some of the mods in particular) are almost blindly following Levy and take the opposite point of view even when posters SOMETIMES have valid points. I'm disappointed with the window but I'm not saying he should go or his job should be in question, but he does deserve to be evaluated and criticised when it is necessary.

It would be a miracle if he did not make mistakes and I have not seen anyone say that he hasn't.
Agreed
But the Saha,Nelson window was a bit of a poor mistake I'd of hoped possibly learned from that unless he felt it was good business ..

Why 4 bids no back up plan etc we will never know onwards and hopefully upwards

Well I think you are insulting a lot of fans trying to sell them Levy's products and dodgy tactics. And that has been the case for years.

Especially Jordinho.

I can think of considerably more insulting things to say to the negative knee jerkers whose support seems to come in the form of tabloid headlines.

Which club of our size has made more progress over the last ten years? Has any club in the Premier League era made and sustained the kind of progress that we have seen without spending excessively?

I'd say Everton given how much they have compared to us.

Well I think you are insulting a lot of fans trying to sell them Levy's products and dodgy tactics. And that has been the case for years.

Especially Jordinho.

Sorry mate but it seems you have been sniffing the barmaids apron to much tonight.

Are you his cousin or something? Some idiots have to wake up and stop licking Levy.

Seriously, we have one striker, no wins and adebayor is still here, whats the excuse now?

What next? We sell all goalkeepers because Chadli has long enough arms to play in goal?

I think what's next is that you calm down, rationally think about what your argument is for thinking Levy is a waste of space (like some others have done) and then we discuss it. If you want to be irrational, you can go to COYS or better yet RAWK.

Forgive my frustration, I do understand the point of view supporters take to back the club, but it does come across sometimes that some of the posters (some of the mods in particular) are almost blindly following Levy and take the opposite point of view even when posters SOMETIMES have valid points. I'm disappointed with the window but I'm not saying he should go or his job should be in question, but he does deserve to be evaluated and criticised when it is necessary.

I do not think that trying to understand the constraints we work within is blindly following anyone.

Agreed
But the Saha,Nelson window was a bit of a poor mistake I'd of hoped possibly learned from that unless he felt it was good business ..

Why 4 bids no back up plan etc we will never know onwards and hopefully upwards

We've covered that window loads in the past. It was a bit of a freak considering out league position and uncertainty around our manager's future.

I just hacked @Gazzasrightboot and this is his wallpaper on his computer

15i59ac.jpg

I mean come on... do you need more evidence!! :(

:p:cool:

Almost. I wasn't the biggest AVB fan if I am honest. But very good! Could you do something useful and hack into Abramovich's account and send some Levy's way?

I would say its more the other way round, there are some posters who as soon as Levy is mentioned start foaming at the mouth and blaming him for things that most of them/us really know nothing about and what really happened.

Poor lip service going after a player I don't want. If we'd signed Berahino for 25 million I'd be unhappy.

It's not about not admitting he makes mistakes. He probably makes a fair few, but they don't bother me enough to rant about them. It's the constant sniping at everything involving this club and how everything is his fault that sees some try to offer a different view and a add some logical reasoning.

Fine, but I don't see who it hurts if people want to come on here and have a rant, as long as it does not get personal (I accept I can cross the line sometimes although I never set out to) I really don't see the problem. Even when rational, valid points are presented, they are often given short shrift and derision. Posters are seen as "negative" if they dare criticise Levy, Poch's tactics, the direction of the club, the signings etc.

Could things be worse? Of course they could, but this window could have also gone a lot better and I don't see why some take offence because some fans are disappointed. That's what football does to you, it makes some panic, sometimes irrationally.

If Poch is sacked at the end of the season because we finish 7th or 8th then it's a joke.

We are not gonna sack Poch for finishing mid table, this is a long term project in difficult circumstances, the only way he'll get sacked this season is if the fans demand it.

Now obviously you'd have to be pretty darn thick to want that as he's quantifiably doing a great job, however we've seen before that idiotic football fans can bay a good man doing a good job into the talk without coffee.

I think what's next is that you calm down, rationally think about what your argument is for thinking Levy is a waste of space (like some others have done) and then we discuss it. If you want to be irrational, you can go to COYS or better yet RAWK.

I was gonna say the mods on RAWK are the worst around for locking topics or banning posters for saying anything negative, but that doesn't include Spurs. We're right up there with Everton, ManU and Hodgson. We must be doing something right. :)

Especially Jordinho.
We don't have to sell anything, our situation and Levys overall performance speaks for itself - lower mid table/relegation battles > to consistent top 6 finishes - the financial gap between the top 4 and ourselves is HUGE, so huge we can't realistically expect to be finishing higher than we are until the gap is closed - which we're in the process of doing.

It's not all plain sailing and there are always things which could and should have been done better if you micro analyse every little detail, but the overall picture is one of growth, on and off the field - you'd have to be blind as a bat to see it any other way - we've hit a bit of ceiling at the moment no doubt about it, but there are very obvious reasons as to why that's the case, namely the 100m+ gap between ourselves and the top 4

Back