• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Lewis watches the games on TV often from his yacht, surrounded by an art gallery of some of the worlds most impressive impressionist art.

@steff Lewis doesn’t need to sell. At 80 whatever would he do with the money?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Just wondering, is this in response to something I said a while ago mate? Just looking to place the comment :)

Ahhh. Just what I fancy.

Due to a heavy cold that night, and generally feeling under the weather, at my last home game before the shutdown I availed myself of two chicken baltic pies and two pints of neck oil. Delicious and reasonably priced. My Mum said "feed a cold, starve a fever"...she didn't warn me that such a policy would lead to middle-aged bunterdom!!!!

First of all, he should not make statements of that specific in public IMO.
Why did he do it? I cannot fathom the reason, unless it was what, an "obligation" somehow?

No-one is forgetting all that stuff Bedford.
That's another discussion.

I would've hoped he'd have done the following (and perhaps he has, in which case I don't understand the statement).
1) consulted all playing and coaching staff about taking a salary cut
2) pledged half his bonus back into a "common fund" for the "non-essential" playing staff i.e. lead the way

maybe it came as a nudge via the lenders as the club is heavily leveraged ... I don’t know
I do know he hasn’t got that bonus... it’s Monopoly money that’s in the neve never. It was deferred before
I also know that united pay a director how they won’t name more than Levy but that doesn’t get much in the way of column inches
What he is doing is getting the information out there early in the hope that it stirs the players up to react

Have you seen the statements form the PFA? Their fukcing appalling

Celtic are following us now in furloughing staff
More are follow too
Unless the have a sugar daddy/country funding them clubs need somethings to change ASAP

Maybe they had a season where they actually made money
But they lose money because of their debt
Arsenal make a small profit normally but that’s gone now
Chelsea .... when they lie
City ... ha ha ha
Pool have twice I think

Clubs shouldnt make mega money buy 5% after tax is decent for any large business
10% is very solid and allows for cash flows issues. We have just made circa 10% post player trading and tax
That’s the benchmark

In some countries you can’t play if your books ain’t right anymore (France and Germany for some)

All these clubs pay tax when paying wages of course.

No the players pay tax (although most try to avoid it) through PAYE
The club would pay some NI for those players though.

Yes. Though if there was no club paying (large) wages, no PAYE would be received by government. The clubs or businesses are contributing to the Exchequer the way I see it.

Yes. Though if there was no club paying (large) wages, no PAYE would be received by government. The clubs or businesses are contributing to the Exchequer the way I see it.

as I said clubs can show their tax returns and who is paying tax on their profits
but because most clubs lose money and run an unsustainable model the would “struggle” to sit there and ask for help
the dildo twins at west ham are trying to work it out right now... how to furlough the 20 people they actually employ polishing the players dildos/boots/cars as they don’t actually employ any match days staff.. and they lose money too
Their not the only ones

First of all, he should not make statements of that specific in public IMO.
Why did he do it? I cannot fathom the reason, unless it was what, an "obligation" somehow?

No-one is forgetting all that stuff Bedford.
That's another discussion.

I would've hoped he'd have done the following (and perhaps he has, in which case I don't understand the statement).
1) consulted all playing and coaching staff about taking a salary cut
DL: I think you should all take a pay cut so that the govt doesn't have to subsidise people's wages
Players: fudge off.

2) pledged half his bonus back into a "common fund" for the "non-essential" playing staff i.e. lead the way
Why would he do that? It's his money, he earned it. The govt is going to get their filthy mitts on half of it and subsidise salaries anyway, why pay both ends?

thfcsteff said:

Why would he do that? It's his money, he earned it. The govt is going to get their filthy mitts on half of it and subsidise salaries anyway, why pay both ends?

Good point well made :cool: Although would this not lower his tax liability thus reducing the overall hit?

All things considered, I'm with Levy on this one, trying to shame the players into contributing as well, especially when you see what the likes of Barca & Juve are doing (although the thought of having a couple of hundred disgruntled "Ultras" turn up on your doorstep could be quite persuasive I'd imagine :eek:)

DL: I think you should all take a pay cut so that the govt doesn't have to subsidise people's wages
Players: fudge off.

I think you've made two very fair points. I'll counter with my view.

For me personally, this comes down to the leadership roles.

It starts at the very, very top. Next would be the coaching staff. Then the playing staff.

I think I have to admit that the club are entitled to avail themselves of the gvmt furlough scheme as a business, and that it is prudent to do so. Understood. But it should not be at the expense of a single person employed by the club. There is simply no need.

What if the leaders in each of those depts has stepped up and led the way by throwing something into the pot to cover any shortfall and leave no-one furloughed or short-paid? What if the chairman, manager and skipper had done so? What if the manager had gone in and said to the squad, this is what I am doing, this is what we all should do, this is what I want you to do? What if Lloris led the charge within the playing staff?

The main reason to do this is because it is the right thing to do. 80% of (say) 25k a year is a hell of a lot different to 80% of 3 million a year (even with proportionate expenses/lifestyle choices there should be little comparison unless you're a cokehead, thrice-divorced or bigamist).It could be the difference between members of our staff suffering and not.

I am sure I have a somewhat utopian and idealistic view of the whole situation, but now's the time for that sort of thinking to rise. Imagine it; all the overpaid prima-donas rise together to defer large portions of their disgraceful wages and save the jobs and families of thousands. Hey, you never know, maybe we could convince those scum agents to kick in a bit? Riola could shake out the pockets of his XXXL dockers and the loose change would probably keep League One fully employed!!!!!

thfcsteff said:

Good point well made :cool: Although would this not lower his tax liability thus reducing the overall hit?

All things considered, I'm with Levy on this one, trying to shame the players into contributing as well, especially when you see what the likes of Barca & Juve are doing (although the thought of having a couple of hundred disgruntled "Ultras" turn up on your doorstep could be quite persuasive I'd imagine :eek:)

I just wish it had been done behind closed doors. Again, perhaps they've tried...

maybe it came as a nudge via the lenders as the club is heavily leveraged ... I don’t know
I do know he hasn’t got that bonus... it’s Monopoly money that’s in the neve never. It was deferred before
I also know that united pay a director how they won’t name more than Levy but that doesn’t get much in the way of column inches
What he is doing is getting the information out there early in the hope that it stirs the players up to react

Have you seen the statements form the PFA? Their fukcing appalling

Celtic are following us now in furloughing staff
More are follow too
Unless the have a sugar daddy/country funding them clubs need somethings to change ASAP

We're in overall agreement I think mate.

The company I work for (employs 600+ people) has just announced a company wide 20% wage reduction. It's 'opt in' but if you refuse I imagine you won't be around for long.

This is going to become more and more common, at least I keep my job? The economy is fudged, for everyone.

thfcsteff said:

It would only reduce his liability because he doesn't have it. They'll still take half of the rest.

It starts at the very, very top. Next would be the coaching staff. Then the playing staff.

I think I have to admit that the club are entitled to avail themselves of the gvmt furlough scheme as a business, and that it is prudent to do so. Understood. But it should not be at the expense of a single person employed by the club. There is simply no need.

What if the leaders in each of those depts has stepped up and led the way by throwing something into the pot to cover any shortfall and leave no-one furloughed or short-paid? What if the chairman, manager and skipper had done so? What if the manager had gone in and said to the squad, this is what I am doing, this is what we all should do, this is what I want you to do? What if Lloris led the charge within the playing staff?

The main reason to do this is because it is the right thing to do. 80% of (say) 25k a year is a hell of a lot different to 80% of 3 million a year (even with proportionate expenses/lifestyle choices there should be little comparison unless you're a cokehead, thrice-divorced or bigamist).It could be the difference between members of our staff suffering and not.

I am sure I have a somewhat utopian and idealistic view of the whole situation, but now's the time for that sort of thinking to rise. Imagine it; all the overpaid prima-donas rise together to defer large portions of their disgraceful wages and save the jobs and families of thousands. Hey, you never know, maybe we could convince those scum agents to kick in a bit? Riola could shake out the pockets of his XXXL dockers and the loose change would probably keep League One fully employed!!!!!
I'd be for that if the govt gave a £1 tax rebate (on what's left) for every £1 donated to a furloughed worker.

The govt has caused this cost by making everyone shut down. It's their responsibility to pay for this, not businesses. Unfortunately, as taxpayers, we'll have our wallets raped for the next few decades over this but that will happen anyway.

Pass but the scare mongerers seem to think that the TV money will need to be paid back if the season is void... so sky and BT hang actually broadcast games and profited from their subscribers then ;)

The world s full of idiots, my tits and unqualified people

they tend to shout loudest in the hope their heard and most seem to be on twitter as football experts

Sky and BT need to be very careful, setting a precedent of not paying for service you aren't receiving cuts both ways.
If they don't pay out they have no excuse for not refunding the viewer.

It's also possible that the same scenario is playing out at the club, if we pay the non playing staff there is an argument for the playing staff to say that if it's good enough for them, it's good enough for me.

I hope there is a serious backlash against the players.

It is Utopian, Steff - I mean, in the real world you can’t expect Lloris to show leadership. :rolleyes:

Agree wholeheartedly with you on the sentiments.

Back