• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I have given my take before.
Here it is again.
Being “brave” meant not spunking money on bodies to fill the squad when those bodies are a gamble. We simply cannot fudging afford anymore Njies, Nkoudous, Janssens, Stamboulis. These players are most unhelpful.

Furthermore, we needed Toby and Dembele to leave this summer, not wage-price themselves out of a move. When you approach players you want, they see the likes of them and wonder what their first team opps really are?!!!!

It is circumstance. Everyone bangs on about “buying” but “buy who?”
I never see WHO we should’ve gone for.
I know we wanted DeJong and he chose Barca.
I hear we are very serious about De Ligt, but Toby then needs to go. It becomes about squad numbers and sizes.

As for the loss list, come on, we have had ONE draw this season which says everything.

I have been disappointed recently but I do think some of the stuff recently has been well OTT...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Steff, I love your positivity but I think you are wrong on this. To me, he clearly meant we have to start buying players. Otherwise, the squad decays and we've started to see the start of that. Dembele gone. Toby likely to go. Jan getting older. Eriksen not signing a contract. If we we're not brave and we don't sign some good players, Harry and Alli will start to think "F**k me, I'm mid 20s and we are going backwards if anything." Poch has surely gotten p!ssed off with the "no trophies" jibe even though he has done as well as anyone realistically could have at Spurs.

There is not a manager on the planet who thinks "being brave" is not signing players. Poch doesn't have some keys to the magic kingdom that means he sees things that no other manager sees. Football always has been and always will be a sport where the people who spend big, win big. Ambitious professionals will always want to win.

I love the guy and hope he stays for 20 years. But we have to give him the tools to fulfill his potential and we aren't doing that.

I agree with some of both buying and not.

If we don’t buy correctly and we have been woeful in that department then what’s the point.
We must buy more quality!
We can no longer try and get bargains, this our big problem, Liverpool bought two excellent additions, we must look for similar NOT bargains, they don’t work!

I agree with some of both buying and not.

If we don’t buy correctly and we have been woeful in that department then what’s the point.
We must buy more quality!
We can no longer try and get bargains, this our big problem, Liverpool bought two excellent additions, we must look for similar NOT bargains, they don’t work!

I think we’ve been pretty good in that department. Lloris, Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Sonny, Alli, Eriksen have all been great signings over the last few years while the likes of Trippier, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente, Moura and Aurier have given us a decent return for what we’ve spent.

We’ve had a few donkeys for sure (GKN, Njie, Stambouli etc) but, by and large, we done much better than other clubs given our budget. The problem is, we’re always looking for a bargain.

I think we’ve been pretty good in that department. Lloris, Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Sonny, Alli, Eriksen have all been great signings over the last few years while the likes of Trippier, Foyth, Sissoko, Lamela, Llorente, Moura and Aurier have given us a decent return for what we’ve spent.

We’ve had a few donkeys for sure (GKN, Njie, Stambouli etc) but, by and large, we done much better than other clubs given our budget. The problem is, we’re always looking for a bargain.

I’m thinking since Son.

transfer business has been pretty poor since we abandoned the DoF set up - how much of that is down to Poch not getting his 1st/2nd choice targets or whether he just doesn't have a very good eye for a transfer i don't know.

i think on paper we were at our peak in the final year at WHL and have subsequently failed to maintain that level through our transfer business, gradually getting weaker in several positions, was also compounded by Wanyama and Dembele effectively being written off through injury - so i think maybe the idea that this team has come to the end of it's cycle is correct and a bit of an overhaul is needed, maybe/hopefully last summer was supposed to be the time for that but the year delay on the stadium build and subsequent financial ambiguity put that on hold - will be interesting to see what happens if we move in now and get a naming rights deal signed off not long after. in theory should put the club in a position where it is more financially sure of itself going in to the summer window and can plan/act accordingly

I think the lack of quality midfielders has caught up with us.
Winks, Sissoko and especially Dier are not going to cut it at the level we are being told we are aiming.
We need more bodies of a better level next season.
Winks is coming along nicely but needs time.
Sissoko is the only legs in that department.

Sigh. When it comes to Poch, he is endlessly inventive when it comes to dragging us through our malaise and finding new ways to do things. He's an utter genius, and he will cope.

On the other hand, Levy's transfer M.O has been the absolute same since well before 9/11, and it won't change now.

Nothing will change. We can maybe get a cut-price Grealish in the summer, if funds permit and we can convince a Championship-level player that, yes, Spurs are actually a good destination to go to. Or we can't do that, and will just get nobody again, because obviously the squad is 'strong in all areas', and there is 'no one we could suggest who would do a better job than what we already have.' Or 'players don't want to come because they don't want to compete with those already here'.

I always found that a bit amusing given that a one-legged costermonger with a wooden eye and gout could do a better job than Kieran Trippier, and surely everyone in world football knew this and knows this..but hey, apparently not.

The less you expect from Levy and Joe Lewis when it comes to anything on the pitch, the easier you'll sleep.

I know I've learned that lesson. :)

i think on paper we were at our peak in the final year at WHL and have subsequently failed to maintain that level through our transfer business, gradually getting weaker in several positions, was also compounded by Wanyama and Dembele effectively being written off through injury - so i think maybe the idea that this team has come to the end of it's cycle is correct and a bit of an overhaul is needed, maybe/hopefully last summer was supposed to be the time for that but the year delay on the stadium build and subsequent financial ambiguity put that on hold - will be interesting to see what happens if we move in now and get a naming rights deal signed off not long after. in theory should put the club in a position where it is more financially sure of itself going in to the summer window and can plan/act accordingly

I agree that we've failed to maintain our level due to our poor efforts in the transfer market - its particularly evident in full back positions, CM as well as being 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas (given I dont include Llorente, GKN and Janssen as viable options)

That said I dont believe that the team is at the end of its cycle - its just need some freshening up. Not bringing in players for consecutive windows lets things go stale and means that there aren't players putting pressure on the starters.

Things can easily be fixed, but we need 2-3 players of decent quality in in the summer, especially a CM and 1-2 attackers. Plus we obviously need to replace anyone who leaves

I agree that we've failed to maintain our level due to our poor efforts in the transfer market - its particularly evident in full back positions, CM as well as being 1-2 bodies short in attacking areas (given I dont include Llorente, GKN and Janssen as viable options)

That said I dont believe that the team is at the end of its cycle - its just need some freshening up. Not bringing in players for consecutive windows lets things go stale and means that there aren't players putting pressure on the starters.

Things can easily be fixed, but we need 2-3 players of decent quality in in the summer, especially a CM and 1-2 attackers. Plus we obviously need to replace anyone who leaves

Absolutely this. Levy failed Poch in the last couple of windows. You could argue he was justified in doing so, I don’t subscribe to that theory, but the squad is now decaying a bit and we are paying for it. He can’t keep expecting Poch to defy gravity.

He needs to be brave this summer and take some risks. And being brave doesn’t mean signing no one.

Absolutely this. Levy failed Poch in the last couple of windows. You could argue he was justified in doing so, I don’t subscribe to that theory, but the squad is now decaying a bit and we are paying for it. He can’t keep expecting Poch to defy gravity.

He needs to be brave this summer and take some risks. And being brave doesn’t mean signing no one.

Or it could be argued that poch didn’t want players that the club could afford

Redknapp came out and said Poch chose not buy not Levy... and I’d argue that he knows more than we do about the club

Or it could be argued that poch didn’t want players that the club could afford

Redknapp came out and said Poch chose not buy not Levy... and I’d argue that he knows more than we do about the club
If this is true hopefully it means that there is an even bigger budget and the decision was based on bringing in first team ready proven players but needing to wait for the stadium enhanced wage budget to finance a larger budget than the previous window.

If this is true hopefully it means that there is an even bigger budget and the decision was based on bringing in first team ready proven players but needing to wait for the stadium enhanced wage budget to finance a larger budget than the previous window.

Harry Redknapp said it unprompted

This has a certain Pochettino logic feel to it!
I like it.

I said it at the time but i haven’t seen one player that transferred on the last 2 windows thanks better than we had other than Mahrez

Could argue we should have gambled on Brooks but he wouldn’t have got guarantees games

Back