• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

It was a decent move for him the way they were playing at the start of the season.

Their confidence was high and they kept the ball well. Got manhandled a lot by opposition thugs but he needs to learn to cope with that.

Since their form dipped they've resorted to a more agricultural style and he stopped seeing the ball. Then he stopped getting game time despite being clearly more talented than anyone else they have by a margin.

Which is why I also suggested maybe we should have called him back in January and sent him somewhere he an actually play football.

Could well be just as good for his development to have to fight his way back into the team there.
They'll have to change their style a fair bit for him to see much of the ball.

I've seen how frustrated he gets when he keeps spinning off defenders and pointing into space whilst those around him dither on the ball and end up playing it backwards (or to Scarlett once he's offside). There are certainly things to learn for him at that level, dealing with adversity not the least of them, but I'd like to see him learning somewhere with a bit more possession.

They recently changed the manager didn't they, Maybe the new one will try and play some football that suits him better

The other thing that concerned me today was his lack of pace.

Now I'm sure I remember him being both quick over the first yard and quite quick over a distance but he was getting done all over the place for speed today.

Now I'm sure I remember him being both quick over the first yard and quite quick over a distance but he was getting done all over the place for speed today.

Well kane has never had pace so I'm not unduly bothered.

Was he playing with an injury maybe?

Back