• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

I see Sky have made a handful of new signings.. What are they like.. any of them any good?

Also, any rumours of where Cav will go yet? When should we know for sure?

I see Sky have made a handful of new signings.. What are they like.. any of them any good?

Also, any rumours of where Cav will go yet? When should we know for sure?

The spainish guy sky signed is a good climber and fits in with them going for the GC because with an expected tougher tour this year they will need more men with mountain legs, you would expect they will send someone up the road early in the day and then let froome pace himself up to that guy before going on the attack, the only way he has a chance of staying with contador and schleck.

They signed to young americans who are meant to be good but the truth is i have never heard of them, i know the aussies have some very good young cyclists.

Cav i would imagine would sign for omega phama loto because all the talk is that, the director the owner and his former coach have all said he should sign for them. They do not have a guy going for GC so there would be no conflict of interest. There big name in the team Boonen said he wants cav in the team because the sprints that Boonen could win cav would not be there for, and he said he would be happy to lead cav out for the 5 or 6 flat sprints in the tour, the only race he expects they would race at the same time.

Cav should go there he would have his best lead out man since renshaw, oddly all the talk is that eisel will stay at sky and not leave with cav, he is apparently discussing a new contract.

I'm living in Belgium at the moment.. they absolutely love Boonen, he gets even more coverage than Gilbert! They also show cycling here on the free terrestrial tv channels most evenings... doesn't even matter whether it's a big or small race lol

Not as much coverage as they get in the Netherlands :D

lol

They love the Belgium National Team, although I hate the fact they are nicknamed and alwyas referred to as the red devils!!
Vertonghen and Kompany seem to be the main 2 front men for all the adverts and the they show a lot of those 2 signing things for the kids outside training etc..

I'm in Brussels so been looking to get to a decent game at Anderlecht.. the national team played Croatia there recently in WC qualifying but I was too late to get tickets.. they also have Scotland and Wales soon. With the trains over here I could get to quite a few places within an hour or 2... top of my list is a Dortmund game but I reckon it could be difficult to get tickets.

They have a programme every week a bit like Sunday Supplement but with mostly ex-pros and an audience (ok nothing like it really!) and they seem to keep an eye on how all their exports are getting on but my French isn't good enough yet to follow it properly.

Anyway enough of this, let's get back to the cycling.. Chich, apparently the World Champs will be in Qatar in 2016.. what are you thoughts? I imagine it's pretty much hot and flat... will that favour the sprinters? By your schedule for Cav do reckon he'll skip that year for the track?

I would have thought the poster boy would be Hazard? But seriously, I can't see how they won't win something if they can finally start pulling in the same direction:

I'd have the two Ajax boys in the FB positions, so 4 CBs but:

Alderweireld --- Vermaelen --- Kompany --- Verts
----------------- Fallaini --- Witsel ------------------
Hazard ----------- Dembele ------------ de Bruyne
---------------------- Lukaku ------------------------

That team would have a lot of tournaments ahead of them and I reckon could do real damage with the right coach.

lol

They love the Belgium National Team, although I hate the fact they are nicknamed and alwyas referred to as the red devils!!
Vertonghen and Kompany seem to be the main 2 front men for all the adverts and the they show a lot of those 2 signing things for the kids outside training etc..

I'm in Brussels so been looking to get to a decent game at Anderlecht.. the national team played Croatia there recently in WC qualifying but I was too late to get tickets.. they also have Scotland and Wales soon. With the trains over here I could get to quite a few places within an hour or 2... top of my list is a Dortmund game but I reckon it could be difficult to get tickets.

They have a programme every week a bit like Sunday Supplement but with mostly ex-pros and an audience (ok nothing like it really!) and they seem to keep an eye on how all their exports are getting on but my French isn't good enough yet to follow it properly.

Anyway enough of this, let's get back to the cycling.. Chich, apparently the World Champs will be in Qatar in 2016.. what are you thoughts? I imagine it's pretty much hot and flat... will that favour the sprinters? By your schedule for Cav do reckon he'll skip that year for the track?

yeah you would think Qatar would be flat and he does well there at the start of the season when he races out there, i imagine he would want another worlds and that would be his best bet. As it would be after the olympics he might be able to do it but his condition might not be good enough, Thomas did a lot of road work this year but then give up for 6 months for the track so we shall have to see if cav can do that.

A lot will depend on whether the management try to screw him over again. Do you know if Utah is flat? i imagine the course would not suit him there. Just hope we can get the 2014 worlds of the spainish otherwise we will have to wait even longer for us to have it in this country. Of course by then i think it might come to late for cav, maybe ben swift if he learns not to go to early and to take the right wheel.

Cav still has a bit to do to go down as a great in cycling terms, because it is about what you win that defines you. I feel he has been poorly managed this season.

You must be new here, just to get you up to speed, Bassong is suspended and David Villa is a fan of Hamburgers. No need to thank me.
Right.
So nothing to do with you mistaking them for being Dutch then.
No, that wouldn't be it at all would it?
I'll let it pass...no need to thank me

Last edited:
Right.
So nothing to do with you mistaking them for being Dutch then.
No, that wouldn't be it at all would it?
I'll let it pass...no need to thank me
No, there has been a running joke since the first time we were linked with Verts over a year ago that people thought he was Dutch and this is now applied to every Belgian footballer. Nice to see you pay attention though.

Bought another bike off eBay but I think I´ve gotta send it back. Belgium brand U Scanini with campy Chorus group lovely looking bike but rear dropout is slightly bent and I can´t get the rear wheel in. Seller packed it with the wheels off but didn´t put any spacers inbetween the dropouts. Seller has agreed to take it back but I´m not sure if I should keep it for the group. Heres a pic , rather fudging annoying really, got to stop eBaying bikes!
1a258b47a1ce016f05ee460d2f1b78d44.jpg

Back