• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Just a bit of a difference there, he didn’t do it anywhere near Kane:D Romero is a clam in plenty of ways on the pitch, but I do find this constant screaming in opposition players faces a bit much….

The hard truth is that if we have a bunch of clams on the pitch but still don't win anything beyond the chance to play in the big boys European competition, we're a bit like an overachieving Milwall /Afc Wimbledon but less fighty / racist.

Where the line is drawn is different for everyone and no one is suggesting to lose the characters like Richy or Romero but let's back up the brickhousing with success

The good news is that Conte is pretty well versed in finding that balance and getting over the finish line whilst doing it.

The hard truth is that if we have a bunch of clams on the pitch but still don't win anything beyond the chance to play in the big boys European competition, we're a bit like an overachieving Milwall /Afc Wimbledon but less fighty / racist.

Where the line is drawn is different for everyone and no one is suggesting to lose the characters like Richy or Romero but let's back up the brickhousing with success

The good news is that Conte is pretty well versed in finding that balance and getting over the finish line whilst doing it.

I agree, I would say it's a balance of having that fear factor that almost has an edge before you cross the white line, that's what successful teams seem to have. Nothing wrong with abit of spite and bite

Game needs more clams and our team certainly does, this what one looks like - lets not wish it out of him like some did wit
Bit of a clam for this, imo
639fa488fc176b69ef489dc9.webp

ce3c2ea4-fdf7-4756-b202-a5746ab45201-1.jpg
skysports-tottenham-man-utd_5704332.jpg
h Dele

Did we actually win either of games he done that in though? One of those pics is Chelsea and they've pumped us every time we've played them recently, haven't they?
I'd rather he concentrate on defending.

Did we actually win either of games he done that in though? One of those pics is Chelsea and they've pumped us every time we've played them recently, haven't they?
I'd rather he concentrate on defending.

Surely the team takes the L and not romero solely because of his actions?

I personally would prefer others to stand up for the fight like he does than show the often soft Spurs underbelly which we are oh so famous for

Surely the team takes the L and not romero solely because of his actions?

I personally would prefer others to stand up for the fight like he does than show the often soft Spurs underbelly which we are oh so famous for

A defeat is seldom on one player, you win as a team you lose as a team is a phrase i often quote on here, and I'm certainly not laying the blame at his door, but it might help if he was focused on what he should be doing.

A defeat is seldom on one player, you win as a team you lose as a team is a phrase i often quote on here, and I'm certainly not laying the blame at his door, but it might help if he was focused on what he should be doing.

You're one of the names that stands out to me as one who has often said we need more clams, now we've got one and he should be focusing on the football - that's not how it works.

Game needs more clams and our team certainly does, this what one looks like - lets not wish it out of him like some did with Dele

Agree with the sentiment. Still think there’s a time and a place to be a brickhouser. There’s no getting around the fact that he picks up some rather stupid and needless bookings, Dele was the same. You can be aggressive without losing your head.

Agree with the sentiment. Still think there’s a time and a place to be a brickhouser. There’s no getting around the fact that he picks up some rather stupid and needless bookings, Dele was the same. You can be aggressive without losing your head.

He does. I still think he walks that line really well though. Not many players could play with his level of aggression without losing their head or picking up needless cards more often than he does.

Sure, he could dial back the aggression, still be a really good player, fewer yellows. But it wouldn't make him a better player overall, rather the opposite imo.

He's still fairly young, as he continues to get more experienced hopefully he'll walk that line even better.

I assume he's gone back with the rest of the squad to Argentina for the bus parade etc and then the European based players will fly back maybe Wed night or Thurs?

Wonder whether Conte will give him some downtime....

Back