• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I just had a thought. Those smart arses who are self employed, who constantly and chronically under quote their income are going to be kicking themselves.
I mentioned this the other day, my Step Daughters Dad who earns probably £60k minimum a year, tells the CMO he only earns £12k a year hence he pays £18 a week child maintenance
Shouldn't laugh at others but hahahahahahahaha that's karma you clam

That depends on the caveats attached to the offer doesn't it?

There weren’t any caveats - or at least the government didn’t know if there were. They simply ignored the email offering to explore the purchase of 25,000 ventilators, for which Gove apologised this morning and said he would “investigate.”

Even The Telegraph is asking some pretty serious questions today.

Reactions: DTA
I just had a thought. Those smart arses who are self employed, who constantly and chronically under quote their income are going to be kicking themselves.

Not sure it’s always “under quoting” my wife owns her own business, has a low salary and tops up with dividends when she’s had a good year, she still pays tax on the dividends. The current scheme would pay out based on her salary only though.

She’s not gaming the system, that’s the direction that is encouraged by HMRC’s policies.

There weren’t any caveats - or at least the government didn’t know if there were. They simply ignored the email offering to explore the purchase of 25,000 ventilators, for which Gove apologised this morning and said he would “investigate.”

Even The Telegraph is asking some pretty serious questions today.
I'm not convinced I believe the email excuse. For the sake of argument let's assume it is true.

In which case, some junior staffer whose job it is to read brick like that is going to get sacked - nobody else to blame in this country there.

The EU will also have to shoulder some blame for dealing with something so important via a single email - nobody does that.

If they dont have a rainy day account then they deserve everything that is coming there way. I know so many flash fcuks that always had to have the latest car or big holiday but never saved or invested.

I'm not convinced I believe the email excuse. For the sake of argument let's assume it is true.

In which case, some junior staffer whose job it is to read brick like that is going to get sacked - nobody else to blame in this country there.

The EU will also have to shoulder some blame for dealing with something so important via a single email - nobody does that.
The emails is just the flimflam excuse they came up with. I would hazard a guess someone is making wedge off this decision.

The emails is just the flimflam excuse they came up with. I would hazard a guess someone is making wedge off this decision.
Or that the country's better off without.

Knowing how the EU works, it would probably cost a lot more that way. The cost would be based on relative GDP (with no rebate) and the ventilators would be distributed to the poorest countries first.

Not sure it’s always “under quoting” my wife owns her own business, has a low salary and tops up with dividends when she’s had a good year, she still pays tax on the dividends. The current scheme would pay out based on her salary only though.

She’s not gaming the system, that’s the direction that is encouraged by HMRC’s policies.

That's a slightly different scenario though I think - it doesn't sound as if your wife is technically self-employed.

Was going to make the same point - surely something so vital should've been followed up from the originator's end?

Or that the country's better off without.

Knowing how the EU works, it would probably cost a lot more that way. The cost would be based on relative GDP (with no rebate) and the ventilators would be distributed to the poorest countries first.
Actually the point of the scheme was to leverage the buying power of the bloc, so I'd say they'll be cheaper. Other countries were doing both, via the scheme and on their own steam.

I’d normally be in the bracket but as I work for the government currently they made me got through PAYE so I’m lucky

however my other business which I own 20% of is totally screwed now (we borrow money to build houses but can’t finish the build to sell them and pay that back due to this). I’ll lose about £70k but my business partner would lose his house and everything. That’s scary brick and it’s not through anyone’s fault but he gets nothing in the government offer despite paying about £200k in corporation tax and investing every penny he has earned in his business (he pays him self around £40k in PAYE and divi so isn’t rich by anyone’s standards). We employ approximately 15 people at any point too so that’s a lot of jobs gone... but I think what the government has done is fair as we all know the directors who make real money would be claiming even if they had £££ in the bank

The government have an external consultancy advising them on buying if the equipment they need. I know the consultancy and regular share their office
It’s the slowest possible way they could work IMO at a time of crisis and shows the behemoth that it’s the governments commercial model
It’s scarily slow and just not fit for these situations
If they had asked Tesco to buy them 25000 ventilators they would be here now and ready (I’ve worked for both Tesco and Gov and I hate Tesco now for the way they treated my team when I left)
It all makes me feel and think their still planning on the herd approach just doing it without saying it...

Back