• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Why don't they raise the contactless limit to £60 or something?

Keying in a PIN is obviously a potential transmission hotspot. Easily avoidable with temporary higher limit.

I raised this on here a few days ago - when I went to the shops there was an issue with contactless & all transactions were being declined, forcing customers to use the keypad. You couldn't have made it up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52052694

Our government are a pile of clams.

'Missed the email' :D:D. Did they bring in Redknapp to make up that excuse?

Also, the clapping is a nice gesture...but perhaps people could stop voting for the party that has reduced systematically our capacity in the NHS, number of beds, driven away staff and created a toxic environment? Would be much more appreciated.

As for how it is on the ground right now...not great. London is probably a week or two ahead of the rest of the UK in terms of the curve but some hospitals are already turning their operating theatres into intensive care units and people are being turned down for ICU care that would get it in normal circumstances. We're following Italy's curve relatively closely so we're probably a week or two away from their kinds of numbers. Already had our first round of triple digit deaths yesterday I believe.

Already starting to see some harrowing things. Things are going to get much worse as well.

Please try to stay home unless absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or are the jet set copping a higher incidence of infection than what you would expect? Lots of pollies and celebs seem to be getting it.

Is it just me, or are the jet set copping a higher incidence of infection than what you would expect? Lots of pollies and celebs seem to be getting it.

It is because they're getting tested when the hoi polloi aren't.

None of Johnson, Arteta, Charles, Elba etc would have been tested under current NHS guidance if their point about mild symptoms is the truth.

I (and many other HCW) have been exposed to multiple patients with Covid-19 now without adequate PPE and I don't get tested at all unless I'm unwell enough to come to the hospital and be admitted with respiratory symptoms.

Seems they are the front of the queue for testing too.

None of Johnson, Arteta, Charles, Elba etc would have been tested under current NHS guidance if their point about mild symptoms is the truth.

I (and many other HCW) have been exposed to multiple patients with Covid-19 now without adequate PPE and I don't get tested at all unless I'm unwell enough to come to the hospital and be admitted with respiratory symptoms.

Is there private testing availability though or are all test thru NHS?

Completely fudged up situation. They are sending you to the front without weapons. This government's incompetence is astonishing.

Thank you for what you do bruv. And all your colleagues as well. I mean that sincerely.

Back