• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

And anyone still paying tax in a new years time will be absolutely raped for it.

And many will fall in to abject poverty if the treasury doesn't keep giving. Don't get me wrong - I get wrecked monthly by the tax payer - bonus month actually makes me ill - but this is a uniquely effed scenario.

So if I'm trying to get to San Diego for a couple of months, given that USA is advised for essential travel only am I best off flying to Canada and getting the Amtrak down the west coast? Could be a real nice trip if I could stop a couple days here or there but not going to be painting the towns red given the whole virus thing. I'm in Uk atm, even worse stil, Birmingham to be specific.

British passport obvs is cool for Canada but not sure how it works on the border on North America as I've only flown in as standard before...

Could do one of the places in the Americas and make my way up through Mexico maybe? Always wanted to do some Kerouac gonzo journalism style trip fill with debauchery and lacklustre driving down there.

Great, that’s so as expected most older generations - which backs up the stats about care homes being the main outbreak area

And many will fall in to abject poverty if the treasury doesn't keep giving. Don't get me wrong - I get wrecked monthly by the tax payer - bonus month actually makes me ill - but this is a uniquely effed scenario.

I expect Rishi to walk soon, he’s made it clear he is not prepared to do much more.

So if I'm trying to get to San Diego for a couple of months, given that USA is advised for essential travel only am I best off flying to Canada and getting the Amtrak down the west coast? Could be a real nice trip if I could stop a couple days here or there but not going to be painting the towns red given the whole virus thing. I'm in Uk atm, even worse stil, Birmingham to be specific.

British passport obvs is cool for Canada but not sure how it works on the border on North America as I've only flown in as standard before...

Could do one of the places in the Americas and make my way up through Mexico maybe? Always wanted to do some Kerouac gonzo journalism style trip fill with debauchery and lacklustre driving down there.

Canada border is shut still and you won’t be able to get an ESTA as they have suspended it.

it’s a great trip though - did three months on the Amtrak a few years ago.

Is there any positive news from other countries yet? The UK was always behind the trend of the rest of the EU, Whats happening with them? Are any of them seeing a decline in their second waves yet?
Bermuda is Co-Vid free and our office is fully going back from 2nd November

I agree. So the only remaining answer is to keep the economy open.

They can protect workers by temporarily making it illegal to sack anyone shielding and simultaneously help businesses fill the gaps they leave by reducing the cost of employment.

They can protect workers by temporarily making it illegal to sack anyone shielding and simultaneously help businesses fill the gaps they leave by reducing the cost of employment.

One of the better ideas I’ve heard.

Are we one of the worst nations in terms of Covid impacts and national management?

It does seem that way. The lack of preparedness and clear plan have left the nation in limbo. We didn’t follow a Swedish model as first planned, we didn’t lockdown hard and track and trace. So what are we left with? A population who don’t really know what the national vision and drive is. I don’t buy that people are letting us down not observing rules - we lack clear messaging and leadership. People are ready to do what’s right. But there is no sense of pride, or togetherness. We are not using the army. We are not utilising the nations biotech. And people have lost faith.

We have a government that are good at entertainment and grand ideas. But who are incompetent with detail, clarity, planning and diligence. They are all over the place. That is the real reason the Chancellor is frustrated. It is make it as you go along without any clear planning - which is doing Rishis head in. He’s someone that likes to plan and be organised, know where he is headed.

So many people have done nothing wrong, and will be impacted. Businesses that are in the wrong sector - they did nothing wrong. Hopefully they can hibernate. Use the time to innovate, train, and come back stronger. But some never will.

Humans are hugely resilient and inventive, so Boris was right yesterday, COVID will accelerate changes as humans adapt quickly. On big thinking he’s better than the average politician, but detail and direction - forget it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Are we one of the worst nations in terms of Covid impacts and national management?

It does seem that way. The lack of preparedness and clear plan have left the nation in limbo. We didn’t follow a Swedish model as first planned, we didn’t lockdown hard and track and trace. So what are we left with? A population who don’t really know what the national vision and drive is. I don’t buy that people are letting us down not observing rules - we lack clear messaging and leadership. People are ready to do what’s right. But there is no sense of pride, or togetherness. We are not using the army. We are not utilising the nations biotech. And people have lost faith.

We have a government that are good at entertainment and grand ideas. But who are incompetent with detail, clarity, planning and diligence. They are all over the place. That is the real reason the Chancellor is frustrated. It is make it as you go along without any clear planning - which is doing Rishis head in. He’s someone that likes to plan and be organised, know where he is headed.

So many people have done nothing wrong, and will be impacted. Businesses that are in the wrong sector - they did nothing wrong. Hopefully they can hibernate. Use the time to innovate, train, and come back stronger. But some never will.

Humans are hugely resilient and inventive, so Boris was right yesterday, COVID will accelerate changes as humans adapt quickly. On big thinking he’s better than the average politician, but detail and direction - forget it.

We discussed Sweden on here early on but if you go back to look at those pages many argued a lockdown was the only way. I may be wrong but it may have been you that said the government moved away from a plan of disaster to lockdown becausevthe public demanded it.

In that respect you can't have it both ways

Leadership is about having vision and foresight. This government don’t need votes. They are years away from an election and have a massive majority.

It didn’t matter if people didn’t approve. If you have a sound plan you stick to it. The problem was their plan wasn’t sound. So the government panicked did the opposite of their plan, but they did it badly. Without logistical skill, energy or conviction. The UK been reacting ever since. Other nations have been planning earlier than us and implementing.

But did any expect more from Boris? It’s no surprise is it?

Leadership is about having vision and foresight. This government don’t need votes. They are years away from an election and have a massive majority.

It didn’t matter if people didn’t approve. If you have a sound plan you stick to it. The problem was their plan wasn’t sound. So the government panicked did the opposite of their plan, but they did it badly. Without logistical skill, energy or conviction. The UK been reacting ever since. Other nations have been planning earlier than us and implementing.

But did any expect more from Boris? It’s no surprise is it?

Yeah we have handled it terribly. Should have done the original plan and said to hell with public opinion

Its too late for this even if it could work.

Is there any positive news from other countries yet? The UK was always behind the trend of the rest of the EU, Whats happening with them? Are any of them seeing a decline in their second waves yet?
it seems this is the 2nd wave now. It isn't as intense as the first one yet but clearly the hospital admissions are trending upwards while most people are observing rules. Regardless of whether you like it or not we can assume that from now until post Xmas we will see an increase in restrictions. This seems to be the same issue for most countrie who have contact tracing setup effectively, but our failings see us with higher numbers again. Frustrating.
Hopefully we can avoid so steep a curve as France...

DEEE5A4C-3CCD-4A07-8EB4-BCE5E76E3556.jpeg

Sooner would have been significantly better.

That's no reason to continue to make the wrong decision now.

And I think the time is over for those not in the danger zone to have to keep feeling guilty for it.

Life can safely go back to some normality of people do the right thing

Sick to death about petty arguments about 10pm and 11pm pub times when we have thousands of people at home wanting to have the chance to work and survive

The whole thing is pathetic

Last edited:

You make it sound like you wanted a martial law style lockdown.

When people say we didn't have a proper lockdown I'm not sure I really understand, the only countries I'm aware of with stricter lockdowns were place like France where you needed a naughty slip to be allowed out and Spain where even young children weren't allowed to leave their house for 2 months. Is that really what you wanted here?

It's obviouly not solely down to rule breakers but clearly raves with 8K people attending aren't exactly within the rules nor are the hundreds of house parties broken up every weekend as an example.

Back