• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

How can it be under zero? Are they coming back to life!?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I would suggest looking at the percentage of deaths for those under 45 for COVID and then those with medical conditions - some of which would have sadly died this year.

We are also on the 8th week of no excess deaths.

I mean, we were told excess deaths is the best way to judge?

I would suggest looking at the percentage of deaths for those under 45 for COVID and then those with medical conditions - some of which would have sadly died this year.

It absolutely is. You were quite critical previously. Now a convert :)

It may be that vulnerable people are shielding. Could it even be the virus is evolving (to be less severe)? I haven't bothered following the scientific research over the last few months. But it does seem like people are catching Covid with less fatalities. Alternatively there could be lag, with the effects of lockdown working still.

excess
[ noun ik-ses, ek-ses; adjective, verb ek-ses, ik-ses ]

adjective
more than or above what is necessary, usual, or specified; extra:a charge for excess baggage; excess profits.

By definition therefore, an excess can not be negative (less than 0). I was only joking though, the data is quite clear.

It may be that vulnerable people are shielding. Could it even be the virus is evolving (to be less severe)? I haven't bothered following the scientific research over the last few months. But it does seem like people are catching Covid with less fatalities. Alternatively there could be lag, with the effects of lockdown working still.

not overly - just proving a point how utterly pointless excess deaths are mid year.

we haven’t been in lock down for weeks really.

Yes it is, but yet and not taking a weekly figure and comparing with a figure based on five year averages because the variances are so huge.
At the end of the year we may have a better idea.

Was discussing this with the Mrs, does anyone know the background? Are the hospitals now better equipped at responding to those with COVID (and therefore the people dying being down to health conditions/elderly)?

Obvs great news but not actually sure the cause of the improvement given no official vaccine out?

I would def wager based on the scientist that advised Sweden that the dip in death toll is down to the initial spikes taking its greater bite out of the weaker and vulnerable as most diseases will. Shielding of those most vulnerable has no doubt improved and the efforts to protect them improved.

Naturally you look back at stats and work out where most improvements and efforts need to go and then things improve.

Last edited:
Is the idea of winter making the virus worse based on it being more contagious rather than a stronger strain?

I thought it was believed to be more contagious because it thrives in winter and not so much in summer?

Is the idea of winter making the virus worse based on it being more contagious rather than a stronger strain?

I thought it was believed to be more contagious because it thrives in winter and not so much in summer?

My understanding is that the size of dosage at point of infection can determine the severity. And Covid-19 survives much better in the cold, possibly because the layer of "fat" surrounding it

Judging by what these doctors are saying, all coronaviruses dislike sunlight and heat

Plus people will spend more time indoors where there is less ventilation to disperse the viral particles during winter months

Back