• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

It's fine. I accept a lot of people are uneducated, but just try to inform a bit when the topic comes up. If you're not interested in broadening your mind then no worries.
I'm perfectly well educated on Orban thanks. If you want to point to which articles you think to paint him in a poor light unfairly then maybe my mind would expand.

Let me ask you, why does he need all these emergency powers, and do you think he will relinquish them all at some future point?

Last edited:
On the ventilators I agree on the face of it the decision sounds stupid but we don't really know the details yet i.e. how much will they cost, how quickly will they be available, in what quantities and who will get them first?

They key at the moment is speed so only time will tell which route will get them delivered quicker but it sounds like the government have already sourced a few thousand from companies with existing stocks and more are being produced with these new designs (to be fair I'm skeptical Dyson can design a new ventialtor from scratch and build 10K off them in a few weeks).

Where big errors have been made are things like Hanrooster tweeting out for companies to offer them ventilators, just embarrassing. I'm guessing it was more for show but it's a dumb move. I've also read that one British company could offer 5,000 ventilators (some from existing stock and some due in from manufacturers) almost immediately and contacted the government to offer them but heard nothing back so sold them to other countries. That's shocking behavior.

Probably emailed the same junior minister as the EU did.

I agree that on the surface this sounds appalling. But not dissimilar to the EU case, I'd suggest further questions need asking before rushing to condemn the UK government.

For example, did the company follow up their initial communication to the government? How long did they wait for a response? Under what terms did they go on to sell the ventilators abroad? And, had they heard the government's blanket commitment to the effect of 'if you have ventilators, we will buy them'?

Yep I am not 400% that I believe the story as a flat, they were offered and the government didn't respond. Not when the government are working with people to meet demand.

Government investigating failure to take up offer of 25,000 ventilators

https://f7td5.app.goo.gl/gjNTBN

The bloke says 'it's sad that those ventilators could be saving lives'............i'd assume they still will be, just not in the UK. But nice quote for a headline:rolleyes:
That's assuming they did materialise and end up going somewhere.

Still, wonderful advertisement for their business......

Back