• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coopers Real Estate Agency

vkn17

Peter Taylor
Has anyone rented with these guys before?

I just had a bid accepted on a flat for Jan 1st and they are requesting a 400 pound non refundable deposit for them to take the flat off the market and "guarantee it" for me.

I said that I would pop by tomorrow and pay the 6 month deposit + 1st month's rent up front and that then I don't have to pay the 400 and they said that I do because it's included in the total sum?!!?

Has anyone else experienced this, it sounds like a 400 going into their pocket, which I'll of course never agree to.

This is straight from their official website though:

YOUR OFFER – Once we have found your suitable property, Coopers will be in a position to make an offer to the Landlord for consideration. Please note that any offer you make would be subject to you fulfilling our reference criteria.
At this point, you will be requested to provide a Holding Deposit of £200 which withdraws the property from the market and holds the property for you.
You should be aware this deposit is non-refundable if a tenant withdraws from taking the property or, should your references prove unsatisfactory, this holding deposit would be non-refundable.

It says 200, not 400 and it doesn't state anywhere that it's non refundable.

I had to pay £200 to take mine off the market..

Its like charging £135 each year for me to sign the same contract as the previous year just with another date on it..

All extra revenue streams !!!

Haha that is insane! When you go and pay the deposit, rent and sign the contract, it should automatically go off the market!

What a rip off, now I have to look for another flat.

Back