• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cooking Frozen Cod

Steed Train

Clive Wilson
In an attempt to eat less red meat I have purchased myself a bag of frozen cod fillets. The one drawback is I have no idea of any decent recipes or ways to cook them. Anyone got any decent suggestions?

To restore balance and ensure the thread does not degenerate into a mumsnet kind of thing

kelly-brook15099-300x240.jpg

In an attempt to eat less red meat I have purchased myself a bag of frozen cod fillets. The one drawback is I have no idea of any decent recipes or ways to cook them. Anyone got any decent suggestions?

To restore balance and ensure the thread does not degenerate into a mumsnet kind of thing

View attachment 392

im assuming its cook from frozen cod?

personally cod has such a nice flavour i tend to grill or oven cook it then serve with a tiny bit of butter and parsley over it with a salad on the side

you could always pop some tomatoes, olives, garlcik and olive oil in the blender and make something salsa like to go on it?

weve been eating less red meat too. not sure Quorn is the answer but it just tastes like mushrooms and costs a zillion times more. I can make my own mushroom flavoured chicken I reckon.

Don't eat cod, or at least see where it's sourced from. Cod is on the decline and there are good alternatives to cod, including Pollock, which you'll pretty much get in every supermarket now. Better to buy fresh as well.

An easy and good way to cook fish is "En Papillote" which loosely translates to in a bag. Here's a recipe here:
http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/cod-en-papillote-with-tomatoes-and-pesto

Another great and easy way to cook white fish is to cut it into chunky strips, roll it in flour and then fry it in a frying pan. Use flora oil or something at a good heat and it really doesn't matter that it has been fried and serve it with some lemon and a good tartare sauce and whatever side you want.

If you want to eat fish and want a really healthy recipe, try poaching it (I'd usually use salmon but it should be fine with cod). Put the fish and your flavourings into a pan with cold water, gently bring the water up to a simmer, let it simmer for a couple of minutes and then take off the heat and allow the salmon and water to cool. For flavourings you can try black pepper, salt, bay leaves, lemon, white wine vinegar (compensate with a little sugar if you do), dill, star anise, lemongrass, chilli... all sorts really, just make something that suits your pallete.

Then to go with it, some boiled jerseys with a little butter and chives and cucumber salad, which is easy. Slice a whole cucumber, skin on, and add three/four diced shallots, 50g white sugar, 4 tbsp of white wine vinegar and season, let it sit for 1 hour at least... it's the conkers. I'd have the fish cold normally, but that's up to you.Hollandaise goes well, but negates the point of going healthy :)

Lastly, if you try grilling it with lime juice, garlic and chilli, that can be very nice as well.

Fish is for lady boys

Get yourself some steaks instead

Place in frying pan for 30 seconds each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes

Serve with chips (no green vegetables - that is also lady boy food), and a large class of claret

Don't eat cod, or at least see where it's sourced from. Cod is on the decline and there are good alternatives to cod, including Pollock, which you'll pretty much get in every supermarket now. Better to buy fresh as well.

An easy and good way to cook fish is "En Papillote" which loosely translates to in a bag. Here's a recipe here:
http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/cod-en-papillote-with-tomatoes-and-pesto

Another great and easy way to cook white fish is to cut it into chunky strips, roll it in flour and then fry it in a frying pan. Use flora oil or something at a good heat and it really doesn't matter that it has been fried and serve it with some lemon and a good tartare sauce and whatever side you want.

If you want to eat fish and want a really healthy recipe, try poaching it (I'd usually use salmon but it should be fine with cod). Put the fish and your flavourings into a pan with cold water, gently bring the water up to a simmer, let it simmer for a couple of minutes and then take off the heat and allow the salmon and water to cool. For flavourings you can try black pepper, salt, bay leaves, lemon, white wine vinegar (compensate with a little sugar if you do), dill, star anise, lemongrass, chilli... all sorts really, just make something that suits your pallete.

Then to go with it, some boiled jerseys with a little butter and chives and cucumber salad, which is easy. Slice a whole cucumber, skin on, and add three/four diced shallots, 50g white sugar, 4 tbsp of white wine vinegar and season, let it sit for 1 hour at least... it's the conkers. I'd have the fish cold normally, but that's up to you.Hollandaise goes well, but negates the point of going healthy :)

Lastly, if you try grilling it with lime juice, garlic and chilli, that can be very nice as well.

will you marry me?

Fish is for lady boys

Get yourself some steaks instead

Place in frying pan for 30 seconds each side. Let it rest for 10 minutes

Serve with chips (no green vegetables - that is also lady boy food), and a large class of claret

The words of a young man, who will suffer later on if that continues, I did anyway. I know it's just bravado though of course Southstand.

If I am run down I go on a strict diet of vegetables with certain fruits, without fail in a week or so my body starts to right itself. One of the best things is having a green smoothie - half a cucumber, an advocado, some spinach (or kale even better, but less palatable, some form of leafy greens is a must though), with some mineral/distilled water, blend, a little lemon juice or acv if your digestion is poor.

One of our biggest problems IMO is the change of perception from 'we are what we eat' to 'we must enjoy what we eat'.

Not directly on topic, but the post is obviously coming from a perspective of wanting to eat 'better'.

The words of a young man, who will suffer later on if that continues, I did anyway. I know it's just bravado though of course Southstand.

If I am run down I go on a strict diet of vegetables with certain fruits, without fail in a week or so my body starts to right itself. One of the best things is having a green smoothie - half a cucumber, an advocado, some spinach (or kale even better, but less palatable, some form of leafy greens is a must though), with some mineral/distilled water, blend, a little lemon juice or acv if your digestion is poor.

One of our biggest problems IMO is the change of perception from 'we are what we eat' to 'we must enjoy what we eat'.

Not directly on topic, but the post is obviously coming from a perspective of wanting to eat 'better'.

totally second that re; veg

been eating mostly veggies and fruit only since new year. the llast two weeks crisps, pizza and soda have said hello again, and i feel like crap!

I get the same effect when I stop eating carbs (I take daily intake down to about 15g - and only eat things that grow above the ground)

After a few days of headaches (normally resolved by an increase in good quality salt), I feel like a new man again

I find a 50/50 diet of fat and protein makes me feel about 10 years younger after about 10 days

And then I go out for dinner and am force fed carbs and feel brick all over again

I'm having a bit of a soup diet this week. Vegetable broth tonight. Butternut squash soup with scallops tomorrow and a Vietnamese chicken soup on Wednesday. Haven't got any further than that yet.

View attachment 392

I have an idea, read whats it says on the packet. ;)

Back