• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cold Water Swimming

philspursuk

Sean Davis
Anyone partaken in cold water swimming/therapy ?
I've been about 8 times now on a weekly basis, to the coast early on a Sunday morning as part of a group. Its amazing, exhilirating and become the best day of the week. The quality of sleep on a Sunday night is blissful. Water temperature ranges from the first time 10c to 6.5c. Sinuses are clear as a bell after each experience and no aches or stiffness.
325792045_556748593136932_8038252816119880117_n.jpg

Anyone partaken in cold water swimming/therapy ?
I've been about 8 times now on a weekly basis, to the coast early on a Sunday morning as part of a group. Its amazing, exhilirating and become the best day of the week. The quality of sleep on a Sunday night is blissful. Water temperature ranges from the first time 10c to 6.5c. Sinuses are clear as a bell after each experience and no aches or stiffness.
325792045_556748593136932_8038252816119880117_n.jpg

I know some friends of the missus that have been doing this. It seems mad but very therapeutic!
Can i ask what the general ages are of the group you do it with?

Water temp of 7c in Lake Geneva today with a biting wind, yet still some nut cases are going in! I’ll wait till May!

This is very tricky personally speaking, having been subjected to various landlords that didn't acknowledge my need to hot water (as everyone should have at least once a day if requested). For me, things fall apart without access to a very modest amount of warm water from above

Fair play to people who can find peace / motivation in cold water, I don't doubt it has it's benefits in the right context.

Like most people, everyone plumbers profit from a hostage industry , apparently not everyone deserves warm water or even a roof over their head!

I strarted training this morning in the shower for a Cornish jaunt at half-term. It didn't go particualrly well and I am concerned.

Not quite the same but I’ve started turning the water to cold for the last 30 seconds whilst having a shower as I’ve heard/read it can have long term health benefits.

Back