• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Very pleased with his passing / distribution today, can’t remember who it was to but there was an excellent pinpoint through ball in the first half, more of that please.

Him and Romero in the side offers very good distribution from the back.

Him and Davies as our LCB options is looking rather decent.

(yes one game, don’t want to get ahead of myself)

Think people are being a bit harsh on Davies to be honest. He's been excellent since Conte's come in. Lenglet did look very good today though.
Maybe. Pedigree wise Lenglet has the greater resume. Ability wise I think Lenglet has quite significant upsides over Davies. His use of of the ball and delivery is levels above, he much more press resistant can make a lovely range of passes.

I've mentioned it before but the Sevilla and Valverde era Barcelona Lenglet was a fantastic player and importantly a very solid defender. If we can get him back up that level then Davies becomes a great depth option.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Maybe. Pedigree wise Lenglet has the greater resume. Ability wise I think Lenglet has quite significant upsides over Davies. His use of of the ball and delivery is levels above, he much more press resistant can make a lovely range of passes.

I've mentioned it before but the Sevilla and Valverde era Barcelona Lenglet was a fantastic player and importantly a very solid defender. If we can get him back up that level then Davies becomes a great depth option.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Was great today
Saw nothing negative and only positive with the ball

A great option in these sorts of matches, but I think I’d be having Davies against the likes of Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project. Hopefully see Clem against Marseille and then Davies back for next Saturday.

Good to see a solid debut, his quality on the ball was never in doubt.

Will face much tougher challenges, but it's a good start.

Part of the issue at Barcelona were frequent individual errors, the kind it takes time to see if he can weed out of his game. But definitely a good option to have.

Good to see a solid debut, his quality on the ball was never in doubt.

Will face much tougher challenges, but it's a good start.

Part of the issue at Barcelona were frequent individual errors, the kind it takes time to see if he can weed out of his game. But definitely a good option to have.
Well if Conte can make Sanchez look safe..

So what do we think so far?

Very good player. Classy. Bit Vertonghen like. I like Davies but so far rate Lenglet higher.

Wouldnt have a problem signing him in the summer, even though I don't think he's in Bastoni's league

Next summer, would prefer we spend £50m on a real top class RWB and big money on a creative CM, and then sign Lenglet for a relatively low fee....as opposed to stinting on the other positions to spend more on a LCB

Very good player. Classy. Bit Vertonghen like. I like Davies but so far rate Lenglet higher.

Wouldnt have a problem signing him in the summer, even though I don't think he's in Bastoni's league

Next summer, would prefer we spend £50m on a real top class RWB and big money on a creative CM, and then sign Lenglet for a relatively low fee....as opposed to stinting on the other positions to spend more on a LCB
Hopefully move on the rest of the deadwood and should be easily be able to afford all three. Lets see how good the new scouting set up is and if we can get a gem or two on the cheap.

So far I’ve been impressed
People may have forgotten he is new

Back