• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

Saw at least 3 times today the Lenglet inswining ball for Kane to flick in to son to chase… that was great as they knew it would happen and still couldn’t defend it
Good spot. Conte said afterwards that he told Kane to play in a specific place and do a specific job. That Japanese centre back was toast and would have got booked twice if (a) his teammate had not been double booked and (b) he looked more aggressive e.g. mohawk, face tattoos etc.

Hopefully that's sarcasm. Exhibit A - Djed 'club signing' Spence.
club signing = Patrici now not Levy, why would anyone recruit someone in charge of bringing players in and then do it themselves.

The only quote on "club signing" is from Conte, and he never stated Levy completed this transfer so i am unsure where you have somehow equated that to mean Levy miraculously scouted and bought the player himself.

club signing = Patrici now not Levy, why would anyone recruit someone in charge of bringing players in and then do it themselves.

The only quote on "club signing" is from Conte, and he never stated Levy completed this transfer so i am unsure where you have somehow equated that to mean Levy miraculously scouted and bought the player himself.

I think it was reported that Levy was the one carrying out the negotiations for Spence. Of course, that doesn't mean he went off on his own accord to get in a player no one wanted. More that Paratici was involved in the bigger, more important deals and Levy undertook negotiating for a young prospect player.

I think it was reported that Levy was the one carrying out the negotiations for Spence. Of course, that doesn't mean he went off on his own accord to get in a player no one wanted. More that Paratici was involved in the bigger, more important deals and Levy undertook negotiating for a young prospect player.

Possible, but negotiations could just be the contract itself rather then the agreement it was a player the club was looking to purchase as that would have happened prior.

I think my point was no-one actually knows what happens behind the scene, so unless the club (or more likely Conte) comes out and said Levy decided to buy this player so he bought it and calls Levy out directly, i dont think its fair to assume its his doing except for trying to push an anti-Levy agenda of course.

Jeez, what is the obsession with the 'club signing' comment? Conte specifically said in the same sentence that it was a deal that he gave the green light for. Quite obviously Spence was a player he didn't specifically ask for but was presented with the opportunity to get the player and gave the green light to the deal.

I've been clamoring for Spence to get as much game time as anyone else, but Conte quite clearly had a say in the deal to acquire Spence.....

Agree, he is probably the poorest/unimpressive signing of last summer imo.
I'm always a bit loathe to judge signings coming in from overseas in their first season. That being said I think our LCB needs to be faster, more physical and better at getting wide to help our LWB defensively. As Lenglet is pretty decent on the ball I wonder whether we might benefit from moving him to play centrally instead of Dier if we can get a physical, fast, aggressive LCB in?

Jeez, what is the obsession with the 'club signing' comment? Conte specifically said in the same sentence that it was a deal that he gave the green light for. Quite obviously Spence was a player he didn't specifically ask for but was presented with the opportunity to get the player and gave the green light to the deal.

I've been clamoring for Spence to get as much game time as anyone else, but Conte quite clearly had a say in the deal to acquire Spence.....

Some just like to brick stir and another thing to blame Levy for.

I'm always a bit loathe to judge signings coming in from overseas in their first season. That being said I think our LCB needs to be faster, more physical and better at getting wide to help our LWB defensively. As Lenglet is pretty decent on the ball I wonder whether we might benefit from moving him to play centrally instead of Dier if we can get a physical, fast, aggressive LCB in?

Fair enough comment and as you say its his first season here. But imo he is not one for me going forward. I guess we will see come the end of the season.

Very poor player. Good on the ball, but is slow and gets breezed past very easily, to say nothing of his lack of leadership/communication with players around him.

These, incidentally, were the exact same flaws he had at Barcelona, so it isn't a Premier League thing, it's a Lenglet thing.

Cheapo loan, so no great loss to bin him off.

Fair enough comment and as you say its his first season here. But imo he is not one for me going forward. I guess we will see come the end of the season.
For me, Lenglet is just a sidegrade. No use in having him AND Davies (they're both in the squad-player category for me). Need to sort LCB out, but might as well do so in the summer when it should be easier.

For me, Lenglet is just a sidegrade. No use in having him AND Davies (they're both in the squad-player category for me). Need to sort LCB out, but might as well do so in the summer when it should be easier.

Agree with that. I think Davies during his time here was underated by a lot of fans but we need to find a younger player .

Back