• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

David De Gea prepared to walk out on Manchester United as club refuse to meet his £400,000-a-week wage demands

Manchester United’s Paul Pogba and David De Gea demand rise to offset threat of pay cut

You couldn't make it up: they want an increase to compensation for failing to reach their performance bonuses. The Sanchez contract could be a nose around the club's negotiating position, as could the presence of Woodward.
It’s the same situation as Ozil at Goons, if you pay your top wages to your laziest player lots more will demand parity. I’d read somewhere that Rose became unsettled when he found out Luke Shaw was on 120k a week!

If Solskjaer wants to try and restore order he needs to move on Pogba and Sanchez but not sure whether he can use the Fergie tactic of hoovering up the best of the rest to replace them. The jobs looking bigger and bigger by the month, especially as you don’t get 4th by his turning up any more.

David De Gea prepared to walk out on Manchester United as club refuse to meet his £400,000-a-week wage demands

Manchester United’s Paul Pogba and David De Gea demand rise to offset threat of pay cut

You couldn't make it up: they want an increase to compensation for failing to reach their performance bonuses. The Sanchez contract could be a nose around the club's negotiating position, as could the presence of Woodward.

If Manure had any sense, they should ship both out to the highest bidder and make these outrageous wage claims public. Neither will put in the neccessary shift next season to get the team back into top four, IMO.

Provided this is correct and Manure do lose out on top four of course.

Ed Woodward's office:

giphy.gif

I missed their game...but... ahahahahaha, phuck! Is that even real?! :D:D:D

I just love how they have appointed Olleh and have all these sh1t players! They gave him the job on the back of a fluke result against PSG! hahahahaha

Dont know if your being serious or not, but they dont have lots of brick players, they have some very good players but an unbalanced squad. They need to give someone a few years to build a squad in their image, like Klopp had at Liverpool or Poch has with us.

Dont know if your being serious or not, but they dont have lots of brick players, they have some very good players but an unbalanced squad. They need to give someone a few years to build a squad in their image, like Klopp had at Liverpool or Poch has with us.

I guess they don't have lots of sh1t players, more that they don't really have any top class players. They don't have any real quality defenders, not one. De Gea was great, but he seems in decline to me (a big part of the defence unravelling this season is because he can't save them as often as he used to). In midfield, they have one good player (Pogba) who doesn't give a sh1t, which makes him average. Matic is finished

Forwards -- Lukaku is good, but not top class. Martial and Rashford are over-rated players imo, I wouldn't take either of them in our team over the likes of Son/Kane/Dele.

And when you mix them all together in a team, it's p1ss poor. Even when they win games, they look 2nd best Long may it continue!

I guess they don't have lots of sh1t players, more that they don't really have any top class players. They don't have any real quality defenders, not one. De Gea was great, but he seems in decline to me (a big part of the defence unravelling this season is because he can't save them as often as he used to). In midfield, they have one good player (Pogba) who doesn't give a sh1t, which makes him average. Matic is finished

Forwards -- Lukaku is good, but not top class. Martial and Rashford are over-rated players imo, I wouldn't take either of them in our team over the likes of Son/Kane/Dele.

And when you mix them all together in a team, it's p1ss poor. Even when they win games, they look 2nd best Long may it continue!

I’m beginning to think that de Gea is deliberately making a few clangers to ensure ManUre drop down into Europa Cup so he then has a perfect excuse to move to Madrid... his agent had better make sure that the fax machine works this summer!

They have very good players .. but ..

- To your point very unbalanced, especially defensively

But the main issue is they have no fudging plan, no strategy and no vision

- SAF created an image of United being an attacking, exciting time (despite often being quite pragmatic in reality), who did they appoint post him? Moyes, LVG and Jose, can you really name 3 other managers less likely to play attacking/exciting football?
- The board doesn't give a fudge about the football, it's all about sponsorships and deals
- They drop to full panic mode quite easily, the buys and salaries they pay often have nothing to do with fit of team, but almost a cry of look at me, I can buy Pogba, I can pay Sanchez 400K, I'm still relevant ...
- The dressing room is obviously poison now, the Chelsea syndrome is kicking in, fudge you manager, I'll be here next year and you won't, so I'll just take my paycheck until then thank you very much.

Culture and attitude in a club is critical (it can be overcome by massive, continuous spending, but makes it much harder), I really think United and Chelsea will struggle for a long time because the competition with City, Pool & Us is so much harder now.

They have very good players .. but ..

- To your point very unbalanced, especially defensively

But the main issue is they have no fudging plan, no strategy and no vision

- SAF created an image of United being an attacking, exciting time (despite often being quite pragmatic in reality), who did they appoint post him? Moyes, LVG and Jose, can you really name 3 other managers less likely to play attacking/exciting football?
- The board doesn't give a fudge about the football, it's all about sponsorships and deals
- They drop to full panic mode quite easily, the buys and salaries they pay often have nothing to do with fit of team, but almost a cry of look at me, I can buy Pogba, I can pay Sanchez 400K, I'm still relevant ...
- The dressing room is obviously poison now, the Chelsea syndrome is kicking in, fudge you manager, I'll be here next year and you won't, so I'll just take my paycheck until then thank you very much.

Culture and attitude in a club is critical (it can be overcome by massive, continuous spending, but makes it much harder), I really think United and Chelsea will struggle for a long time because the competition with City, Pool & Us is so much harder now.
If the rumours are true, that players are after a payrise to make up for their performances bonuses that they won't be getting, then that lot are beyond help.

They're going to need a huge clear out, and there's no way they'll give an inexperienced manager the money required to do so.

When I look at the players in our squad, I think every single one of them would run through a brick wall for Poch. I don't see anyone at Utd doing that for Olleh. In some ways, I don't even blame them -- how do they feel motivated when the organisation is becoming a joke? I think it's a very natural thing for motivation to drop off in that scenario. OGS wants to trade on the Fergie connection, but he isn't the same fearsome character and more to the point, he comes to the job with no background of managerial success.

IMO, they have phucked up and the best thing to do would be to let these sh1te results continue to the end of the season and then appoint Conte and give him £300m to spend. He has proven that when backed, he will win. I don't think they will be brave though, they will give OGS 'time' which means he gets sacked by Christmas.

When I look at the players in our squad, I think every single one of them would run through a brick wall for Poch. I don't see anyone at Utd doing that for Olleh. In some ways, I don't even blame them -- how do they feel motivated when the organisation is becoming a joke? I think it's a very natural thing for motivation to drop off in that scenario. OGS wants to trade on the Fergie connection, but he isn't the same fearsome character and more to the point, he comes to the job with no background of managerial success.

IMO, they have phucked up and the best thing to do would be to let these sh1te results continue to the end of the season and then appoint Conte and give him £300m to spend. He has proven that when backed, he will win. I don't think they will be brave though, they will give OGS 'time' which means he gets sacked by Christmas.

The piece that gets me with pundits and their deluded fans

- If they are the biggest club (or top 3) in the world, why the fudge would they hire Moyes, a washed up LVG, OGS or Poch (as much as we all love Poch)

Why wasn't Pep (before City), Conte, Allegri, etc on their list?

And yes, OGS will be fired before this time next year (and long may it continue)

The piece that gets me with pundits and their deluded fans

- If they are the biggest club (or top 3) in the world, why the fudge would they hire Moyes, a washed up LVG, OGS or Poch (as much as we all love Poch)

Why wasn't Pep (before City), Conte, Allegri, etc on their list?

And yes, OGS will be fired before this time next year (and long may it continue)
I think Conte would do a great job there, maybe only for 1 season as he seems to have Jose syndrome, but they’d be competitive for a while.

I’m still annoyed that we lost to this dross :oops:
It was frustrating as we played worse and won a few games during the period the oaf Jones took Kane out for afterwards. However that loss, that really should have been a comfortable win for us gave them enough momentum to beat a few teams they should have done, which gave them just enough belief to fluke a win against PSG. This then encouraged their fan base and Woodward to believe OGS would steer them to just three places below their comparative wage spend and stopped the incessant media links to Pochettino. It’s rare a defeat has a silver lining!

I think Conte would do a great job there, maybe only for 1 season as he seems to have Jose syndrome, but they’d be competitive for a while.
I think Conte would improve them, I think he’d need a certain degree of authority over transfers though as I’d imagine he’d be concerned of another Chelsea style revolt once the players get fed up of actually being told what to do.

Conte, as good as he is, isn’t a fit for United, they need someone who is going to bring through the kids, that’s their MO, that’s why they picked Moyes and why LvG and Jose, as decorated as they are were not right for that system either.

Both would have worked had they been given full control of transfers and a reasonable budget (i.e, matching City/Chelsea/Liverpool).

They are in this mess because they haven’t settled on a system.

They haven't emphasised enough on character, attitude and group identity, and they are suffering for it now with Pogba and the rest; it's all been about the money, and they have just gone, "Give mercenary x the wages." Poche's greatest managerial strength is he runs all the scenarios in his head before the negotiations even start. He looks into their eyes; he understands that people are people first and millionaire footballers second and with teams, it's all about the collective. Ole might well have the right idea, and I quite like him, but he isn't going to unravel the knot they've tied themselves in overnight.

Last edited:
and I quite like him, but he isn't going to unravel the knot they've tied themselves in overnight.

And there is the problem for Man United, the knot is now huge and until the club changes that mindset from top to bottom there are gonna be darker days.

Pogba and Co are pulling the strings there hugely

Back