• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

I find him to be a pretty good pundit when he's talking about actual football and he does entertain me. But he strikes me as someone who only knows football and very little else and almost has an "every man" approach to his analysis.
Have to disagree. He has repeatedly shown himself, both on and off the pitch, to be incapable of understanding even the most simple aspects of football.

Where I do agree with you is that he also knows nothing about anything outside football.

Manchester United great Peter Schmeichel says the club should appoint a director of football and believes he would make a good candidate.

United sacked Jose Mourinho as manager on Tuesday and have named ex-player Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as caretaker boss, with the side thrashing Cardiff 5-1 in his first game in charge on Saturday.

They do not have a director of football but are expected to recruit one.

"I'm actually thinking about putting my name in there," Schmeichel said.

Former Tottenham and Southampton head of recruitment Paul Mitchell, who is at German top-flight side RB Leipzig, has been linked with the position.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek, former Denmark goalkeeper Schmeichel added: "It's a tough thing to find out about yourself. Everyone looks at you, the scrutiny, and I'm not afraid of that. It's also a really big change in what I've done.

"I really want to get involved in football again at some point. I know I'm getting older, but my life has just turned out a different way after I retired from football."

Changing the culture at a club is extremely difficult (we saw that with when Levy initially started), even more so when the club with built around a personality.

United might be trying to change things, but the Solskjaer appointment is proof they really haven't thought it out (if he hadn't played for them, his name wouldn't be on a top 500 list), the he's only caretaker, then a day later, well he could be in running for job, etc. shows they fired Jose and they still have to figure out plan B.

Funny how they are the biggest club in the world, but they can't actually seem to get the biggest managerial names in the world (Moyes, has been LVG, Jose after his disaster time, now a young an upcoming Spurs manager?)

Or the biggest players. They weren't even in the running when Barca or PSG signed Neymar.

Would Messi ever go to United?

They developed Ronaldo into a beast but he left shortly after he became the best player in the world with Messi.

Zidane, Figo, fat Ronaldo, Rivaldo, none of them chose United.

Because of Sir Alex, he put Scotland on the map

Jock Stein and Celtic might argue that one football-wise.

Up until the 1980s Scotland produced many footballers who could match or better then England counterparts. The home international weren't stopped because they weren't competitive. A hypothetical GB side would probably have had as many Scots as English most of the time. What is staggering is the decline since then.

Up until the 1980s Scotland produced many footballers who could match or better then England counterparts. The home international weren't stopped because they weren't competitive. A hypothetical GB side would probably have had as many Scots as English most of the time. What is staggering is the decline since then.
Scottish nazi party have have taken every penny to subsidise their own plans

We've had some great Scots since I've supported Spurs

MACKAY
WHITE
GILZEAN
CONN (not great but a crowd pleaser)
GOUGH
ARCHIBALD

We've had some great Scots since I've supported Spurs

MACKAY
WHITE
GILZEAN
CONN (not great but a crowd pleaser)
GOUGH
ARCHIBALD

Indeed. Bill Brown was another Scot in the double team. Looking further back there are John Cameron, Bobby Steel and Alex Lindsay who all played more than 200 games for the club.

In the Premier League era we've had Gordon Durie, Colin Calderwood, Neil Sullivan and Alan Hutton. And who would predict another Scottish signing any time soon? We've done better with Welsh players.

Obviously Bale makes a big difference, but Simon and Ben Davies have also been effective. Compare Davies x2, Gunter and Bale with the four Scots I mentioned.

They beat them well. How isn't that an improvement on Mourinho's latest offerings?

It was a good time for a change. Mourinho might have scraped a couple of 1-0 wins and limped on. Instead they had two easy games and the players regain some confidence. They are generally not bad players, they have been playing in a poor demoralised team. They are unlikely to close the gap on the teams above them, but they shouldn't fall further behind.

They beat them well. How isn't that an improvement on Mourinho's latest offerings?

It was a good time for a change. Mourinho might have scraped a couple of 1-0 wins and limped on. Instead they had two easy games and the players regain some confidence. They are generally not bad players, they have been playing in a poor demoralised team. They are unlikely to close the gap on the teams above them, but they shouldn't fall further behind.
They are clearly playing with more freedom now, and it looks like they enjoy football again, no doubt about it. That said, I watched the game simultaneously with our game, and I wasn't impressed.
They play really slow, and are still far off the top teams. But another couple of wins and Arsenal and Cheatski dropping a few points, and they are suddenly back in the mix.

Back