• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

The bottom stat is the only important one for the owner's.
For all the stick Jose has been getting, Jones and smalling are not good enough for man u.
Pogba plays carp for utd its Jose fault, yet he had some very poor games for France.
Man utds problems go much deeper than Jose, and long may it continue.

The bottom stat is the only important one for the owner's.
For all the stick Jose has been getting, Jones and smalling are not good enough for man u.
Pogba plays carp for utd its Jose fault, yet he had some very poor games for France.
Man utds problems go much deeper than Jose, and long may it continue.
He spent money on Jones and smallings replacements though, they are either brick or he can't get a tune out of them.

He may have been the manager when they signed, doesn't mean they are his choice. They don't really fit his profile.
Young, raw and inexperienced is not the Jose way.
As I say the problem goes deeper than Jose imo.
He would say if they were not his, he is that much of a prick, he signed off on those even if they were not his first choice he wanted them.

He may have been the manager when they signed, doesn't mean they are his choice. They don't really fit his profile.
Young, raw and inexperienced is not the Jose way.
As I say the problem goes deeper than Jose imo.

Jose is not a great person to be in that club though. Not being funny but there are alot of managers that would create a closed unit with the players and coach the life out of them and not let them be affected by whats going on around the club, thats where you earn your corn in my opinion, Jose does not seem to be one of them managers, great at going quick to ready made players, world class at that but if things go wrong he sulks and he is sulking, its such a lack of class.

Jose is not a great person to be in that club though. Not being funny but there are alot of managers that would create a closed unit with the players and coach the life out of them and not let them be affected by whats going on around the club, thats where you earn your corn in my opinion, Jose does not seem to be one of them managers, great at going quick to ready made players, world class at that but if things go wrong he sulks and he is sulking, its such a lack of class.

Totally agree. Jose is the wrong man for that job.
Him, pogba and Sanchez are click bait ad revenue signings.
Their next appointment is utds most important decision in years, get it wrong and they will be in the wilderness for a few years.

Totally agree. Jose is the wrong man for that job.
Him, pogba and Sanchez are click bait ad revenue signings.
Their next appointment is utds most important decision in years, get it wrong and they will be in the wilderness for a few years.

Yeh exactly, its a huge appointment, the club will not rid themselves of Pogba or Sanchez so the new gaffer has to be one that can handle them.

Wonder what Paul Pogba is thinking.

Misery's own manager running a club now in crisis mode after a poor summer and two bad losses. And now, next game away to a Burnley side desperate for their own results to improve. It's gonna be a tough 90 minutes. Could even rain.

Bien sur. That's what he signed up for.

He has improved players in the past, he's perfectly capable of it. But he needs players that fit his system, just like most top managers. We all saw how ruthless Pochettino was with players that weren't a good fit when he first arrived. Had the club signed more of those players it probably wouldn't have worked out.

Luckily there's chaos at United, beyond Mourinho. And I really doubt he's the solution. Hopefully it will last long beyond Mourinho.

Wonder what Paul Pogba is thinking.

Misery's own manager running a club now in crisis mode after a poor summer and two bad losses. And now, next game away to a Burnley side desperate for their own results to improve. It's gonna be a tough 90 minutes. Could even rain.

Bien sur. That's what he signed up for.
He’s thinking “what haircut should I get tonight and although I find my job boring the money is pretty decent. Can’t wait for that big sign on bonus when I go to PSG where I’ll win the league just for turning up”

If he actually has a problem with Mourinho, then a loss at Burnley might well solve his problem. Here's how it likely looks within his mind:

'That manager's a bad 'un and is chewing up talent and destroying careers.'

latest

'Cant let that happen to me. If I can just lull him into falling for a trap at Turf Moor, my problems will be over'.

latest

'Sure, it's gonna be rough on Ed Woodward. But he shoulda seen this coming.'

latest

'And who's gonna blame me for the downfall with a new haircut that makes me look like this?'

fewok-uproxx.jpg

Will be cheap removals wise when he finally leaves.
This is a great illustration of the whole appointment of him as manager. He still living in hotel after two plus years, he was never truly committed.
They want Pochettino so they say, I'm truly not sure they have the patience.
They really need to do is build something not just give the idea lip service, The chances of that at United is highly unlikely, they would need to look long term and try to stop looking back at SAF.
United now have little real football ambition, it’s now just a world wide memorabilia outlet

He has improved players in the past, he's perfectly capable of it. But he needs players that fit his system, just like most top managers. We all saw how ruthless Pochettino was with players that weren't a good fit when he first arrived. Had the club signed more of those players it probably wouldn't have worked out.

Luckily there's chaos at United, beyond Mourinho. And I really doubt he's the solution. Hopefully it will last long beyond Mourinho.

He is hardly well known for it though is he? Lampard was already treading that path under Ranieri when Jose came in, there are hardly many that spring to mind.

I was wondering where to put this.

Like most people, I have always had great affection for The Wizard of Oz. Great performances, great soundtrack, Judy Garland, what’s not to like? The idea at the centre of the film, of course, is the wizard. A magician. A maker of dreams. Someone who could make everything right. The Lion would find his courage, the Scarecrow would discover his brain, and the Tin Man his heart [...] The rainbow is not far away.

Coaches are themselves also subject to this central delusion. Instead of improving the players that they already have, patiently striving for excellence, their eyes are fixated on the transfer market. They want that new player who can take the club over the rainbow: a new striker; a new defender; perhaps a new midfield pair. Wouldn’t they solve all our problems? And sometimes, of course, they can.

But, over the summer, Tottenham Hotspur took a different approach. They looked at the transfer window, decided that nobody was quite right, at least not at the right price, so they did not purchase anyone. This may sound logical, indeed rational, but it was greeted with astonishment. Amazement. Horror.
For the act of not signing players has its own logic, and its own implications.

It means that the coaches have to focus on developing the players that they already have. To put it another way, they have to reach for the new by unlocking value in the old. The players have a different perspective too, as Harry Kane put it so eloquently on Monday after their 3-0 victory over Manchester United. “We have to justify the faith the club has put in us,” he said. “We have to step up.”

This is somewhat different to the mood at United, where the players know that the manager thinks that they are rubbish because he spends most of his time not just fixated on the transfer market but blaming the owners for not giving him a host of new players over and above the £400 million that he has already spent. This is hardly — how shall we put this? — a vote of confidence. And is it any surprise that José Mourinho has done precious little to improve his players? If anything, they have deteriorated.

Spurs have taken the opposite trajectory. Lucas Moura was a revelation on Monday, perhaps the performance of the season so far. Kane seized his opportunity with precision. Other players have improved mightily under Mauricio Pochettino, not least Kieran Trippier, an outstanding right back, and Jan Vertonghen, Spurs’ player of last season. The more that the squad plays together, the more it develops mutual understanding, and with players coming back from injury and into form, they have fresh options in an already cohesive group.

Full article: Ignoring quick fixes makes Tottenham Hotspur special (Matthew Syed)

Back