• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Ramos did that deliberately in Feb 2008, and we all saw what happened afterwards during March-May.

most teams that win the league cup final in Feb/march suffer a drop in form for the final months of the season

most teams that win the league cup final in Feb/march suffer a drop in form for the final months of the season

Yup. They feel like they've achieved for the season and the chances are that they have little else to play for. So their minds turn to their summer holidays & their European tour in the next season.

Winning the League Cup does tend to portend the end of a manager's tenure, well unless they are in charge of a club from Manchester...

2007 Chelsea: Mourinho sacked that autumn.
2008 Spurs: Ramos sacked after 2pts from 8 games.
2011 Birmingham: McLeish leaves after getting them relegated.
2012 Liverpool: Dalglish sacked after their lowest league placing in 18 years.
2013 Swansea: Laudrup sacked after only 9 wins in next 38 games.

Winning the League Cup does tend to portend the end of a manager's tenure, well unless they are in charge of a club from Manchester...

2007 Chelsea: Mourinho sacked that autumn.
2008 Spurs: Ramos sacked after 2pts from 8 games.
2011 Birmingham: McLeish leaves after getting them relegated.
2012 Liverpool: Dalglish sacked after their lowest league placing in 18 years.
2013 Swansea: Laudrup sacked after only 9 wins in next 38 games.

Wow, the curse of the Lge Cup.

Am still so pleased we won it though. The one gleaming light of major silverware this century for us.

Wow, the curse of the Lge Cup.

Am still so pleased we won it though. The one gleaming light of major silverware this century for us.

It's certainly preferable to no silverware but I would still swap both the 2008 and 1999 League Cups for another FA Cup to continue Spurs' glorious tradition in that far more prestigious competition.

Hopefully Eriksen will help us finally end that semi-final curse which has hung over our club for going on a quarter of a century... Makes me feel quite old to think that he wasn't even born the last time Spurs won the FA Cup!

Good to see Eriksen on the scoresheet for the first time. Hopefully it's the start of a streak of goals/assists from him; we need him to get back to the form he showed in the last 3 months or so of last season.
Takes a bit of the pressure off the forwards

Not singling him out by any means, because there were obviously worse performers than him. But, he really disappointed me today. He's the one I'm looking at to make things happen and he really looked like he couldn't be arsed.

He can't play central attacking midfield for us. Not good enough. He either plays on the left or not at all. His set pieces outside of 25 yards from goal are diabolical too, would rather we kept our centre halves back and just play it short so we'd keep possession.

His was a disappointing showing today; the half-hearted set-piece effort near the end rather summed it up, but it was clearly one of those days. It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, we always seem to have to keep producing these phoned-in performances every season. We looked woefully short of ideas across the board throughout the ninety minutes.

His was a disappointing showing today; the half-hearted set-piece effort near the end rather summed it up, but it was clearly one of those days. It doesn't seem to matter who the manager is, we always seem to have to keep producing these phoned-in performances every season. We looked woefully short of ideas across the board throughout the ninety minutes.

because every manager/team has them. man ud, chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, liverpool,arsenal will ALL have them

Created a few half chances today but the set-pieces are awful as other mentioned.

I think he should be much active to ask for the ball.

because every manager/team has them. man ud, chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, liverpool,arsenal will ALL have them

I don't think there's another side in the top 10 that does it as often as we do, almost always against relatively lowly opposition. Reeks of complacency.

crucial contribution nicking the ball off flamini (of all person :twisted: ) in an important area that started the move for the goal. someone make a gif of the goal started with this tackle please!

but otherwise, muted performance by his own standards, and correspondingly not much discussion here about eriksen lately.

Underwhelming... despite the contribution for the goal.

I think Kane should play in that position instead in the league.

Back