• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Been played out of position every game.

He's not a central midfielder and it's no surprise when is bullied off the ball in that position.

Make up silly rumours about him and boo him off after 7 years. He was central to how we played at our best. tossers.

He started out at Ajax as a CM so that's not true for starters and you have no idea who started those rumours, just like you had no idea whether supporters were making monkey chants towards Rudiger when you jumped in two footed against the fans - how did that turn out?

Imagine crying over a player being booed when he's walking away on a free, and doing so with a whimper - shows how much he cares for the club and his 'legacy' here

Last edited:
To be honest, I didn't hear the booing and was going from another poster. There was a disproportionately large cheer for the substitutions and I took that as most people being relieved Eriksen went off.

My opinion of the lad has changed. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he was unprofessional yesterday and his performance was absolute poison.

There were some groans but I can't say I heard any booing..

It's always been a risk playing him ever since he's made clear his intention to leave us but his performance yesterday was very poor and a new low.. I'm sure Skipp would've done better for us ...

It's just a shame the way it's all turned out with Eriksen and had we cashed in on him a couple of seasons back and bought in, Grealish at a third of the price, I feel we'd now be in a happier place ...Hindsight and all that..

Not sure we'd be favourites to beat them

Something I'm sure Levy is Used too and gives not a jot about.
Hindsight is wonderful, turns out we probably should have sold him, problem is no one seems to have been that interested, at least not when he was at his peak.

Indeed there would’ve been some short term pain but Pochettino clearly knew that Eriksen needed replacing as part of a squad refresh (much like his mentor Ferguson regularly did at ManU) and Levy / Caplehorn should’ve backed the manager whilst we were on the rise.
If that’s what Poch wanted then yea, but do we know that’s what Poch wanted 2 years ago? When he was talking about clearing out the squad I thought he was talking about the likes of Rose and Wanyama? In hindsight it would be easy to suggest he meant Eriksen because he’s been crap for 18 months, but I’m not sure that’s what he meant at the time?

If that’s what Poch wanted then yea, but do we know that’s what Poch wanted 2 years ago? When he was talking about clearing out the squad I thought he was talking about the likes of Rose and Wanyama? In hindsight it would be easy to suggest he meant Eriksen because he’s been crap for 18 months, but I’m not sure that’s what he meant at the time?

Yeah I think there's a lot of assumptions being made in that regard

He's saving himself for his next club and you can't blame him. Any other well run club won't be held hostage and would have options to turn to.
Id normally agree and can even have sympathy with the "played out of position" argument but there is no excuse for ducking out of challenges, not showing for the ball or a player of his ability knocking it backwards without even looking. He did all three repeatedly yesterday and was a disgrace to his profession.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He's saving himself for his next club and you can't blame him. Any other well run club won't be held hostage and would have options to turn to.

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I do blame him. You go on the pitch, you have some professional pride and play the game to the best of your ability. Otherwise, don't play. He was shameful yesterday.

I don't blame him for going and I don't blame him for running his contract down. He's entitled to do it and he gave us several great years. However, I can't accept someone going on the pitch and carrying on like he did yesterday. He was a disgrace.

I do blame him. You go on the pitch, you have some professional pride and play the game to the best of your ability. Otherwise, don't play. He was shameful yesterday.

I don't blame him for going and I don't blame him for running his contract down. He's entitled to do it and he gave us several great years. However, I can't accept someone going on the pitch and carrying on like he did yesterday. He was a disgrace.

Not sure why Jose played him!

The time has come.

I'm sorry to see his time ending in a whimper. He is certainly one of the best players to have played for us, and I think folks will, unfortunately, remember the last year rather than the many previous excellent seasons. He should not be playing now, his heart is not in it, but I will still remember his time at Spurs fondly.

I feel really sad that his time here is ending this way. He’s been such an important, brilliant player for us. A joy to watch, especially when on top form and pulling all the strings. There was a time when I’d have rather seen Kane leave than Eriksen.
Brighton away was when I finally had to concede that his heart just wasn’t in it anymore, and nor was mine towards him. It’s been a slow, drawn out torture since then.
But I never thought I’d hear him getting booed off as he did today, that was so sad to hear.
I didn’t see him doing his lap of the ground at the end. I wish had. I would have stood and applauded him for everything he has given us before this season. It’s a huge shame he’s leaving with this dark cloud hanging over him.
I wish him well, but it is time to go.

I could no agree more with you both, imo he has been out most important player over the years but he is now a shadow of best. Sad to see it but i thank him for all the great games he has given us and wish him well wherever he goes.

Levy would have got absolutely slaughtered for that.

Without a doubt i have see a few fans saying we should have sold players when they have been playing at their top form, but i would imagine some ( if not all of them who have said that) are the same fans who in the past have slagged Levy for selling our best players. Who said fans are fickle?

Not sure why Jose played him!

I imagine Eriksen and Mourinho made a deal that if Eriksen got picked, he'd leave in January for a fee.

Toby signs a new contract - gets picked every game. Jan doesn't - has to play LB and gets dropped for Sessegnon/Tanganga. Danny Rose has been pretty quiet too. I think Mourinho is probably doing a great job off the pitch and you imagine one of Levy's objectives will have been for him to save as much value as possible from the squad.

Back