• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Maybe but Real don’t want him right now

In fact they want other players in his position
Looking less and less likely but we don't yet know that for sure. Perhaps RM are playing a waiting game. Once they conclude they're not going to get Pogba they might still come in for him with a late bid. Question will then be do they want him enough to tempt DL with an offer he cannot refuse?

Looking less and less likely but we don't yet know that for sure. Perhaps RM are playing a waiting game. Once they conclude they're not going to get Pogba they might still come in for him with a late bid. Question will then be do they want him enough to tempt DL with an offer he cannot refuse?

From experience RM don’t do that
They do their dirty work in the press to turn the players head
Then revel in the show and tell

From experience RM don’t do that
They do their dirty work in the press to turn the players head
Then revel in the show and tell
From today's Guardian:

'While it is likely that initial discussions have taken place at some level behind the scenes, with Real Madrid adopting their usual ploy of letting the world know they are interested in signing a player then going quiet on the matter as the deadline approaches the long-mooted move to Spain is for the moment out of the player’s hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/14/tottenham-christian-eriksen-transfer-irreplaceable

From today's Guardian:

'While it is likely that initial discussions have taken place at some level behind the scenes, with Real Madrid adopting their usual ploy of letting the world know they are interested in signing a player then going quiet on the matter as the deadline approaches the long-mooted move to Spain is for the moment out of the player’s hands.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/14/tottenham-christian-eriksen-transfer-irreplaceable

Exactly... we haven’t heard a word about then wanting him

There's the post-Poch curse too. No one who plays under him ever reaches that level again under other coaches
Not quite. For sure Walker's continued to have his brainfarts at City but given his tally of winners medals since leaving WHL you could hardly argue he's suffered the Poch curse. Also Paulinho did well enough in China to earn a brief spell at Barca no less.

Others you could say did not so much suffer the Poch curse as simply find their true level, eg Sigurdsson (Everton), Townsend (Palace), Fredericks (Spammers) etc.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke with Christian Eriksen before Manchester United ended their fleeting pursuit of the Tottenham playmaker.

Spurs encouraged United to bid for Eriksen in the final days of the Premier League transfer window since the 27-year-old has entered the last year of his contract and stressed his desire to leave.

The MEN can reveal Solskjaer personally spoke with Eriksen to gauge his interest in joining United last week and, despite the Dane's admiration for United, Solskjaer received confirmation Eriksen's preference was to move to Spain.

United were also uneasy about the prospect of recruiting Eriksen due to the vested interest of Real Madrid. United sources suggested Madrid were lobbying Spurs to entertain a bid from United for Eriksen to plunge Paul Pogba's future into more uncertainty.

Real coach Zinedine Zidane wants to sign Pogba rather than Eriksen, whom Madrid unsuccessfully bid for last year when Julen Lopetegui was coach, and the Bernabeu club had a risible £27.4m plus James Rodriguez offer for Pogba rejected by United earlier this month. United ultimately prioritised keeping Pogba over reinforcing their attack with a belated bid for Eriksen.

The MEN previously reported Tottenham were 'gutted' United did not trigger Alderweireld's £25million release clause before it expired on July 25, having explored the possibility of signing the Belgian last year. Eriksen started on the bench for Spurs in their opening Premier League win over Aston Villa.

United showed tentative interest in Eriksen but were wary of dealing with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. United have not signed a player from Spurs since Dimitar Berbatov in 2008 and Sir Alex Ferguson once said negotiating with Levy were 'more painful than my hip replacement'.

Levy encouraged United to enter the bidding for Gareth Bale in 2013 and the club had a world record £86m offer accepted but Bale was fixated on joining Real Madrid. Levy's attempts to obtain as large a fee as possible delayed Bale's protracted £85m move until deadline day.

United scouted Eriksen while he was at Ajax and the Denmark international was keen to join the club in 2012. His agent spoke to Ferguson to gauge United's interest and the Scot is believed to have said he admired Eriksen but needed to watch him more closely before a bid could be sanctioned. United eventually turned to the £17m Shinji Kagawa, who was running down his contract at Borussia Dortmund.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...47.2125796489.1565891461-476802920.1560205874

Not quite. For sure Walker's continued to have his brainfarts at City but given his tally of winners medals since leaving WHL you could hardly argue he's suffered the Poch curse. Also Paulinho did well enough in China to earn a brief spell at Barca no less.

Others you could say did not so much suffer the Poch curse as simply find their true level, eg Sigurdsson (Everton), Townsend (Palace), Fredericks (Spammers) etc.
Walker haas coasted through a few seasons at a team that don't have to defend. None of those others really played under Poch.

I was thinking more like schniderlin, shaw, lallana etc. All looked world beaters, but were actually toss without Poch

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke with Christian Eriksen before Manchester United ended their fleeting pursuit of the Tottenham playmaker.

Spurs encouraged United to bid for Eriksen in the final days of the Premier League transfer window since the 27-year-old has entered the last year of his contract and stressed his desire to leave.

The MEN can reveal Solskjaer personally spoke with Eriksen to gauge his interest in joining United last week and, despite the Dane's admiration for United, Solskjaer received confirmation Eriksen's preference was to move to Spain.

United were also uneasy about the prospect of recruiting Eriksen due to the vested interest of Real Madrid. United sources suggested Madrid were lobbying Spurs to entertain a bid from United for Eriksen to plunge Paul Pogba's future into more uncertainty.

Real coach Zinedine Zidane wants to sign Pogba rather than Eriksen, whom Madrid unsuccessfully bid for last year when Julen Lopetegui was coach, and the Bernabeu club had a risible £27.4m plus James Rodriguez offer for Pogba rejected by United earlier this month. United ultimately prioritised keeping Pogba over reinforcing their attack with a belated bid for Eriksen.

The MEN previously reported Tottenham were 'gutted' United did not trigger Alderweireld's £25million release clause before it expired on July 25, having explored the possibility of signing the Belgian last year. Eriksen started on the bench for Spurs in their opening Premier League win over Aston Villa.

United showed tentative interest in Eriksen but were wary of dealing with Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy. United have not signed a player from Spurs since Dimitar Berbatov in 2008 and Sir Alex Ferguson once said negotiating with Levy were 'more painful than my hip replacement'.

Levy encouraged United to enter the bidding for Gareth Bale in 2013 and the club had a world record £86m offer accepted but Bale was fixated on joining Real Madrid. Levy's attempts to obtain as large a fee as possible delayed Bale's protracted £85m move until deadline day.

United scouted Eriksen while he was at Ajax and the Denmark international was keen to join the club in 2012. His agent spoke to Ferguson to gauge United's interest and the Scot is believed to have said he admired Eriksen but needed to watch him more closely before a bid could be sanctioned. United eventually turned to the £17m Shinji Kagawa, who was running down his contract at Borussia Dortmund.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...47.2125796489.1565891461-476802920.1560205874

Why would Spurs be "gutted" when Manure didn't buy our top class centre back for nothing? It makes absolutely no sense.

As far as I remember, the only comment that came out of RM about Eriksen over the summer was Zidane saying he wasn't good/influential enough for them, or words to that effect. If they come back in for him after having to drop interest in Pogba, without a major talking-up campaign in Marca taking place first, it's going to look like a big comedown, and they won't like that.

If it's true that United had meetings with either Eriksen or his people and he didn't want to join them then this is a massive story. The biggest club in britain can't get a player in EPL because he wants to play for someone else hasn't happen since Shearer joining Saudi Sportswashing Machine and that was before the mega money we see today. Much as I admire Eriksen he's not a world superstar player who all the clubs are fighting over and for a player of his level to reject their offers must be worrying for them and their followers.

Dele and Dier are younger players. For Alderweireld and Eriksen it's perhaps also a question of going to a team more likely to win titles and perhaps a chance to play for one of the biggest clubs around. I can understand that motivation.

Dele in particular is at a very different stage of his career. Dier is at a point where his first propriety should be getting back to his best and hope to progress from there. Don't think any bigger club than us would sign him at this point.

Don’t get me wrong, I get it. But I still think Toby and Eriksen have under appreciated where we’re at, how likely we will be to win trophies etc. If Eriksen wants to get 400k at Juve, fine. But any of these clubs have to really want him in order to offer him that money, and I still do find it funny that the gao between clubs that are genuinely better options than Spurs, and Spurs, is actually a lot smaller than they thought it would be.

Not often I find myself agreeing with Jamie Carragher.... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ksen-not-real-barcas-level-losing-harry-kane/

There are fears the man who makes Tottenham Hotspur click will leave before the end of the transfer window. Spurs fans should not worry. Harry Kane is going nowhere this month. For all the speculation surrounding Christian Eriksen it is worth emphasising who the real star of the Tottenham team still is. Eriksen’s contribution from the bench against Aston Villa was lauded last week, the Dane presented as the game-changer.

But my abiding memory of that afternoon is of Kane’s lethal finishing, two match-winning goals underlining what a world class striker is. This is the Kane we know. Back to his best. Within 15 minutes he showed why you can guarantee he will again score over 20 Premier League goals, injury permitting.

Eriksen was fully fit in Madrid and gave an equally disappointing display. There was not much evidence of him being Spurs’ main man that night. I do not write this to deride Eriksen, an excellent footballer who has shone in a Tottenham jersey. It is simply my belief that Kane is the one man in the squad Pochettino could not afford to lose in this window, or at any point in the last three years. If Eriksen goes before the end of the month it will be a significant setback, but you will not see the major clubs pursuing him with the vigour they would Kane. Eriksen is not at Real or Barcelona’s level.

Some players are a natural fit for a particular club, functioning so well because of how they are utilised by the manager, complementing those around him. My suspicion is Eriksen is such, his effectiveness as much a consequence of Pochettino’s tactical excellence rather than a superstar quality. You can understand why any player’s head would be turned by interest from one of the major European clubs, but there are plenty of examples of those who found the perfect environment to flourish and sacrificed it to take that once-in-a-lifetime chance to go to the Nou Camp or Bernabeu, only to have regrets a year or two later. Eriksen might consider that if he has a decision to make.

His remarks in the immediate aftermath of the Champions League final - suggesting he is ready for a new challenge - were designed to invite offers which, perhaps, have not materialised as swiftly as anticipated. That is a signal that clubs see Eriksen as an attractive option at a good price given his contract situation rather than one of those must-have accessories such as Gareth Bale, who was the subject of irresistible bids.

The day Eriksen leaves North London it will be end of a fine Tottenham career. The day Kane does so will be the end of an era.

Wow Garragher must be jumping up and down in glee, he has at last found someone who agrees with what he says. The guy is a dingdonghead and proves it every time he opens his gob.

Indeed he should - he's been after an endorsement from me for years :D

There is no doubt that he's a dingdonghead but even a broken clock reads correctly twice a day. I guess this could be that time...

Carragher has nailed it there, and Eriksen needs to think about how important he is going to be to any club that he joins. He could stay here on much improved money, in a system that works for him, and compete at the top of the game. If Real or Barca view him as a worthwhile punt for cheap, they may not be willing to offer him huge wages and he may not be as important on the pitch.

He’s on to a really good thing here and is just about to reap the rewards of the work he has put in over the last 6 years as we can now surround him with better players. I hope this conclusion is reached pretty swiftly.

Back